X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2018] Chio's School Road Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ちおちゃんの通学路

A show about a girl who encounters all sorts of crazy things on her way to school.

Airs: Friday, July 6, 2018

Studio: Diomedea

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

This is a story of a nerdy bookworm girl on her way to school, and yes, that's the entire premise, as she's not getting to school any time soon. Taking her "usual" route to school, it becomes an increasingly unusual adventure, and all the more ridiculous as it carries on. It takes an unpleasant sentiment many can empathize with, the feeling of tardiness, and brings humor to it?making it a hilarious situation to look back upon.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

A funny thing happened on the way to school.

Chio sure does have quite a rough time getting to school as she faces numerous obstacles to getting there before the morning bell. Whether it be roadblocks, guys brushing their teeth by the window, or keeping a balloon from flying away, Chio's life is crazy. And once she gets to school, the craziness doesn't end there, especially when it comes to Hosokawa being the jock that she is. Pretty funny that was.

So with that, this show is subjected to the usual trial period rules. While it's enjoyable, I have a feeling this will start getting to repetitive to the point where I feel that just seeing it once means I have seen it all.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Bloody butterflies in her stomach.

When Chio's into a game, she just can't stop playing as that's exactly what happened when some foreigner game talked trash to her. And then she gets caught up with some punk riding a motorcycle, but she's a lot stronger than she looks, and as such she is given a ride to class on it. And then those girls are just talking crazy with all those relationships and other stuff, and it's pretty hilarious to see Chio and Manana talking about kissing and being a virgin seeing that they nearly kissed while trying to avoid being noticed by Hosokawa. Once again, it's funny stuff going on as Chio's school life is anything but ordinary as things are quite hectic when she's around.

So the trial will continue for this show, but this show is starting to feel repetitive and stale for me. Anyway, I'll watch a bit more before making my decision.

Comment

Episode 3

It's a kabaddi crisis.

Andou's gang sure put on quite a reaction when they figure out who Bloody Butterfly really is. Everything they have heard is scary, but Chio is nothing like that. And then Andou is forced into a kabaddi showdown with a fellow classmate as she runs the kabaddi club, and Chio would be forced to join should she lose in a kabbadi match to her, and seeing that she needs to get past her in order to make it to school that she had no choice. The end result is Manana's panties getting encroached, and Chio manages to make it past. Pretty humorous how all that went down.

So with that, I guess I'll give it one more episode. The humor has been nice, but I feel that this is starting to get stale and repetitive. It certainly is in a better position than last week, but still on the outside looking in.

Comment

Episode 4

And this show continues the crazy with cigarettes and the delinquent guy (whom I really don't like, but this show is filled with crazy characters).
          Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Episode 5

It's too bad that show doesn't get much love here. It's downright hilarious. The part where the man goes into the stall and starts screaming caught me off guard and then there's the friendship/cat song that had me in stitches. This show came out of left field for me, along with Asobi Asobe,
            Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Re: Episode 5

The first half was kind of meh, but I've never been a fan of premises like that. However the stuff about Manana and Chio fun to watch. Blatant Precure reference. Calling out the whole ideal friend thing. Still maybe Manana shouldn't be teaching lessons.
              "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
              Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Re: Episode 5

Originally posted by Momoka Kibi View Post
                However the stuff about Manana and Chio fun to watch. Blatant Precure reference. Calling out the whole ideal friend thing. Still maybe Manana shouldn't be teaching lessons.
                The bond between Manana and Chio is really so fun to watch. They're interesting because they're not "ideal", often rather deprecative of each other but not in a way that goes too far. And they show their tightness in other hand in weird but still somehow sweet ways like the cigarette sharing and now the "Mananacchio". I'm realizing I have quite the soft spot for the scummy girl friends lately.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X