Widgets Magazine

100 Sleeping Princes and the Kingdom of Dreams Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2018] 100 Sleeping Princes and the Kingdom of Dreams Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    夢王国と眠れる100人の王子様

A show about businesswoman who dozes off and ends up in a dream world where she is in for quite a big surprise finding out that she's a princess. And it's up to her to protect the land with the help of 100 handsome dudes to exterminate the dream eaters.

Airs: Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Studio: Project No. 9

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    HIDIVE

In the dream world, dreams give people the power to live, but the world is threatened by dream-eating beings known as "Yumekui." In order to save the world, princes from all kingdoms must join their power. The butler Navi and Prince Avi of the knight kingdom Arstoria travel the world in order to save it.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Don't have this dream become a nightmare.

So it begins with the MC being a hard-working businesswoman, who is trying hard to get work done so that she doesn't need to work overtime, and from the look of things she exhausted herself and dozed off ending up in this dream world. So it's a reverse harem isekai show, except that the MC is not overpowered as her power is as a supporter giving those handsome boys the power to make quick work out of those dream eaters seeing that the enemies are possessing the citizens there. I came in with low expectations there, and so far it's exactly what I thought it would be, but at least it looks like it's going to avoid the biggest problem otoge shows tend to have as instead of a young, clueless girl, the MC is a responsible adult.

So with that, I'll watch some more as it's subjected to the usual trial period rules that I have imposed. While it is far from being impressive, at least it's entertaining enough for me that I'll watch it if things bend the right way.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Is he Prince Charming or Prince Harming?

So having picked up Kihel, the princess continues to add to her party just like she's supposed to do in a video game. And on the way to the kingdom, they get attacked, and another guy comes to the rescue, but he's tainted himself. And then they arrive at the kingdom where there's a huge festival happening, and she's invited to the ball where she meets Gary, who vows to rid the place of corruption, but he's not exactly who she thinks she is. As it turns out, that eyepatch holds a secret this guy, who's name is actually Gilbert, doesn't want to get out, and realizing that she now knows the truth, she's in a lot of trouble. There's some serious drama going on here, and there's a lot of mystery going on here about Gilbert and that guy who saved the party when they were attacked.

So I'll keep on going for at least one more episode, and seeing that I don't just want to stay on HIDIVE for Revue Starlight that I feel inclined to watch this to make things worthwhile. There are certain parts of this show that I like, but at the same time I'm not expecting it to buck the trend about how otome game adaptations are quite bad. So in any case, the trial continues.

Comment

Episode 3

Prince save the queen.

So with the princess knowing about Girbert's secret that he's just posing as Gary, he is keeping her captive, but Avi and Kihel find a backdoor and arrive just in the nick of time. And as it turns out, that guy who helped everybody back in the outskirts is Gary, and the queen placed a curse on him. It turns out the queen is tainted by a dream eater, and that is why this place is extremely corrupt. So in the end, the dream eater was defeated, and Gary decides to venture out to find a way to break the curse, all while he lets Girbert know that he means the world to him. Gary sure would make an amazing chef as he belongs in the kitchen, not on the throne. It was pretty obvious that this guy was Gary even without looking at the show page.

So with that, I'll give it one more episode before making a final decision. While I fully expected this show to stink, at least I'm finding myself enjoying it more than it warrants, and my thought process here is that if I'm going to include Revue Starlight, then I want to justify my HIDIVE membership with another Sentai simulcast. So pretty much, this show's fate is tied to Revue Starlight's. In any case, I'm up for some more of this show even if it is the typical trash expected from otoge adaptations.

Comment

Episode 4

Setting sail.

It's now off to Ancura where the Princess gets an invitation for a fancy dinner cruise, but it turns out that they are cruising on a ghost pirate ship. But these guys are actually princes who are making them welcomed guests there. They are quirky in their own way considering that one of them is a coral and one is a merman, but they are out to fight dream eaters. Of course, there's that black butterfly that's causing trouble again as the ship is navigating through a storm.

So with that, the trial period has expired for this show. While it's a show to snooze over just as I was coming to expect out of shows like these, it's decently entertaining that I don't mind watching it seeing that I want to get more mileage out of my HIDIVE subscription with Revue Starlight looking like the only other show I'm watching this season. So I'm leaning towards keeping it.

Comment

Episode 5

Walking the plank.

Things could have turned out disastrous there, but everybody is still alive after that experience. Kihel walked the plank and jumped off the ship seeing that there's something important waiting for him all while he doesn't realize the situation he is in. But thanks to all of those princes on board this pirate ship that everybody was saved, and that dinner they were invited to is to honor the dead members of the crew. There's quite a lot going on there that the characters are still in the dark about, but their adventure continues as they continue to travel the land.

Comment

Episode 6

Frozen in place.

Next destination is a place where it is cold as the Princess arrives to meet the snow princes Frost, Graysia, and Schnee. Usually, the snowstorms don't happen during this time of year due to the snow ceasing ceremony that usually takes place, but it has yet to happen, and the dream eaters are the reason why. There's that, and the fact that Graysia messed up the ceremony that Frost had to pick up the slack. While Graysia has that inferiority complex feeling, the Princess is there to let him know that he has some special qualities that he should be thinking about instead. Pretty much, it's just another case where guys are not exactly feeling right, and the Princess is there to change all that. The ice skating scene there was really nice, though.

Comment

.Episode 7

Won't be left out in the cold.

The princess finally meets the ninja dude sending out the butterflies in Kegaremaru. He and Setiq had been keeping close watch on her, and it remains to be seen what exactly they are seeking by causing all sorts of trouble for everybody. But whatever it is, getting rid of the princess is part of the plan as they trap her and Graysia in a frozen chamber, but they were saved by Frost and Schnee in a true showing of brotherhood. So the ceremony goes on with all three brothers taking place, and all is well. And with that, it's off to the next world, which is going to be modeled after Alice in Wonderland.

Comment

Episode 8

The mystique of Setiq.

And now the show finally explains what Setiq and Kegaremaru are up too, as well as the connection with Kihel after he nearly bit the dust back on that pirate ship. It turns out that Setiq initially had a pretty noble cause to bring back the light to his kingdom, but of course things just don't always go as planned. Kihel happens to be the son of the noble Yuan, who Setiq was really close to. It's about time that this important piece of information comes out, but with not much real estate left and an adventure through Wonderland on the horizon, I'm not getting my hopes up over this reveal.

Comment

Episode 9

Not quite Alice in Wonderland.

The next kingdom is Wondermere, and it's not what she thought it would be as it looks just like Tokyo rather than something resembling the story. It turns out that they had to take an elevator to get to a place more representative of the story as they go searching for answers regarding Setiq. And there, they run into guys taken straight out of the story as princes, all while the ninja is stirring up trouble once again. And things get out of hand there when the Cheshire cat kidnaps the Princess, and the device manipulates time in the kingdom. Those guys just don't realize the mess they got into.

Comment

Episode 10

He's got the wrong girl.

So in the end, the Cheshire catboy thought that the Princess was Alice, but once he realized the mix-up that she was returned. While everything is all squared away, Kegaremaru is up to no good once again, all while a painful memory reawakens for Kihel. As it turns out, things aren't exactly all well and good between Kihel and Setiq as there was that time when Setiq tried to get rid of him. Things took quite a big turn there with what was just revealed.

Comment

Episode 11

One kingdom giveth, another kingdom taketh away.

The party finally makes it to Atlas, Kihel's hometown, where the truth behind everything Setiq has been up to gets explained as the kingdoms Traumere and Atlas are like oil and water. Traumere gives dreams, while Atlas takes them away, and Setiq became who he is because he felt too weak to protect Yuan. As such, he has been sending out those dream eaters with that ring so that he could revive Yuan and realize his dream. It also turns out that the ninja boy is actually a shadow born out of Setiq's grief after Yuan died. I was expecting things to come down to that as things just wouldn't have added up otherwise. One more episode left to go.

Comment

Episode 12 (Finale)

There's light at the end of the dream.

So in the end, Setiq realized his real dream, which is to be with Yuan, but in a much different way than he originally dreamt it up. He had Kihel try and revive him, but that just wasn't possible, and Kegaremaru took advantage of the situation. It was the prayer from the Princess that saved the day, all while Setiq is happy to see that Kihel is continuing his father's dream. So with that, the journey comes to an end for Kihel, but it continues for Avi and the Princess. Pretty underwhelming way to end this, but pretty much it couldn't have ended any other way seeing that this was all about misplaced feelings more than anything.

Overall, this show is the standard otome game adaptation, which is not exactly a good thing. The story is just lacking, all while the animation quality is pretty typical of this low-budget studio. Not to mention, it focused more on showcasing the pretty boys to the fujoshi fanbase than putting together a good story. But at the very least it was watchable as the lead is stronger than the typical otome game heroine, all while character development was nicely done making them more interesting than what boys in these kinds of shows usually are. It's pretty clear that there was a specific audience in mind when this show was made, and it does the job in catering to them. In the end, it's another generic otome game adaptation that at least does a few things better than than what most of these kinds of shows do.

MAL Rating:

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...
                          X