X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2018] The Thousand Noble Musketeers Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    千銃士

A show set in a post-apocalyptic world ruled by a tyrannical empire, and a bunch of pretty boys picking up antique guns are fighting to put an end to their rule.

Airs: Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Studio: TMS Entertainment

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    HIDIVE

The story takes place at the subsequent era after the whole world was devastated by the nuclear war. Under the strong rule by the World Empire, people are all suppressed and deprived of their own lives. A resistance team secretly keeps fighting to break the suppression while everyone is forbidden to possess any force of arms.

The team challenges the fight with the "antique guns" that were left as works of art, and the incarnations of those antique guns are called "Musketeers" appear and join the team, as if they responded to the soul of the team.

In their battles with the incarnations of contemporary guns who represent and are dispatched from the Empire, the "Musketeers" turn their "Absolute Noble" mode to give a powerful boost to themselves, and bring hope to the world!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Fight with nobility.

This is a show meant for the fujoshi fanbase as there are guys everywhere and anything resembling girls there are actually traps. The first half was just introductions and stuff and didn't exactly get me into things. But the second half when those boys embark on their mission got my attention. Kentucky sure can shoot and things were going well because of that, but of course when things go too well, more times than not something is amiss. As such, Brown takes charge and goes down for the count.

While this show has some intrigue, it's not really doing anything for me seeing that this show is designed for a specific fanbase for which I'm not a part of. I'll give this show a couple more episodes, but it's on the outside looking in.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Not noble at all.

Brown recovered from that hit, but now he just goes charging in and gets hit again, and he would have been dead meat had it not been for some timely reinforcements saving the day. Pretty much, more of the same bland and boring stuff from the first episode, without any of the intrigue. Not to mention, the CG usage in the gun fight was just out of place.

So with that, this show becomes the first casualty of the season. Pretty much, it's a ripoff of Touken Ranbu except that pretty boys are guns instead of swords, and at least both Touken Ranbu series had something to offer. This show, there's none of that.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X