Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2018] Hugtto!Precure (Pretty Cure) Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    The 2018 Precure series because there is no such as enough pretty magical girls.

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site

This time around the cures must protect the future. Also raise a baby who is thaankfully one of the better ones.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread
    "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"

Episode 1

The best part of this episode was watching Hana prepare to cut her hair. Also the shocking plot twist. Cures can have tits! If you've seen enough precure and are familiar with how some anime of this genre like to make all the girls "flat" to avoid the issue, you'll know why it's so shocking.

Episode 2

Precure has recaps of the previous episode now. I guess that's better than trying to kill the time in silly ways. Saya joins as the second cure.

Episode 3-5

To make a long story short Cure Etoile gets the "I need a few episodes to become a cure" arc. I guess this time they decided that Yellow would be the one with the severe issues. I wonder if they've done every color by now for this arc. Not complaining, just curious.

Episode 6-8

Pretty much example episodes of the formula. Not to say they aren't worth watching, but I'm trying to catch up here.

Episode 9

Hugtan does the recap. Is your anime recapped by a cute baby? Your anime sucks then. Also we meet Emiru. Emiru is going to be glorious.

Episode 10-11

Basically Hana goes through a crisis of character. Where first she can't transform and has to be saved by Hugtan. Then later on she gets a Sword and prepares to strike down her enemies. Then she stops. I've seen commentary that perhaps the series is making a state about how certain series feel the need to be dark for the sake of being dark.

Precure can get dark sometimes, but getting dark doesn't have to be mean giving up your ideal or being swallowed by it. In any case, I'm going to make a separate post for the next batch of episodes. This has gone on long enough.
    "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"

Comment

Episode 12-14

Basically the start of the Lulu arc. Ie she makes her move to be part of Hana's family. Also interesting thing about her is the actions she takes. Which I'll talk about a bit more in episode 15, the real reason for me being brave enough to talk about this series again.

Episode 15

So then Emiru and Lulu are both clearly going to be major characters. This is the episode where they meet. And dear lord, they might be my favorite potential pairing. Emiru might as well having asking Lulu to make out with her. I'm sorry, but due to so much "Yuri subtext" in these shows, some words now have double meaning.

Fantasizing aside. The real fun is with Lulu. Now to be fair one can argue Lulu is being influenced by those around her. To say otherwise would be. We are all influenced. Even if we "disagree" we are still influenced. However the key with Lulu is this. It feels like her good deeds are a result of her making her own choices based on information she's gathered.

In other words, she's not being "good" or "kind" simply because someone else "ordered" her to or hit her with a stick of good +10. It makes her scenes feel a lot more interesting than they'd usually be for the arc she's going through.

In any case, hopefully both Emiru and Lulu will be the next set of cures. Even better I want them to have a Black/White or Egret/Bloom couple transformation. Like I said this pairing is amazing. Maybe not as strong as the one from the previous season for obvious reasons, but that one raised the bar.

Comment

Episode 16

So now the big moment. Lulu gets to be the victim of a favorite moment of "anime targeted at young girls" which is "Time to scar your audience!". Sheesh that was painful to watch. Especially with the view from her eyes and her just being pushed over.

The characters of the week this time were nice. Heck I wouldn't mind a series starring a couple like those two girls. The way they were introduced could have tricked me into thinking they were the leads. You know if this hadn't been episode 16.....

In any case, it will be curious to see how they resolve the Lulu isssue. If they're planning to resolve it in 17, it will probably be either due to a speech from Hana or because of Hugtan. Eitther Hugtan will do magical baby stuff or Lulu will suddenly "remember" in order to save her from err random threat.

If they plan for Lulu to be "remember" or in general be saved in 18 or later then there's a good chance, Emiru will be the reason. Ie she'll catch wind of things and then "sing" for Lulu. Which would make episode 15 foreshadowing. Of course an Emiru scenario requires more set up than 17 alone would allow.

Regardless, it's going to be a long wait each week. Waiting for Lulu to be saved. Waiting for Emiru to become part of the main cast fully. Waiting for Emiru and Lulu to get married. Just for the record, my shipping of the two is why I want Emiru to be involved in this arc or get involved soon. Now then to find things to pass the time with.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X