Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 8

In another world with Kurisu Makise.

So Kurisu's surprise appearance means Okabe has found himself in another timeline, one where Kurisu lives and Mayrui does not. Okabe is just a total wreck there seeing that now he's feeling the guilt over letting Mayuri die. This Kurisu knows that Okabe is not from this timeline, so she said all the right things there. That was quite a emotional reunion there, especially with that kiss at the end seeing that he won't be able to see her again when he goes back.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Fukaziroh, Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
    Watching: Tales of Zestiria the X, Kabaneri, Alderamin, Gintama, Buddyfight X, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: CCS, DFX, RGW, MHA, SOM, AMC, WIX, TGL, STG, FMP, SAO-G, CTH-U, CLG, UMA, GKY, LGH, TDK, D23, WOK, JOE-MB, HMR, DEL, NBS, IIZ, AKJ, AOA, FKJ
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 8

What a fucking incredible episode all around. From the initial shock to the reminder of what this world line represents to Okabe taking Mayuri's place of mourning, with all the beautiful imagery involved, and finally Kurisu helping Okabe sacrifice her once more, tying back into those original scenes set to the visual novel ending. Just brilliant.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes | Twitter | Facebook

Comment

Episode 9

On the eve of destruction.

Things were so nice and well for Okabe in the other world, save for the fact that Mayuri is dead there, but back in his original world, all hell is about to break loose, starting with the earthquakes in Russia as they are out to steal Kurisu's time machine research, and more specifically Amadeus, and then World War III starts. Things are about to get ugly, and in fact it already has with Suzuha demanding Okabe to come back with him to the past threatening to kill him if he doesn't. I had a feeling things would quickly get out of hand once Okabe returned, and things have been set into motion.
        Watching: Tales of Zestiria the X, Kabaneri, Alderamin, Gintama, Buddyfight X, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: CCS, DFX, RGW, MHA, SOM, AMC, WIX, TGL, STG, FMP, SAO-G, CTH-U, CLG, UMA, GKY, LGH, TDK, D23, WOK, JOE-MB, HMR, DEL, NBS, IIZ, AKJ, AOA, FKJ
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 9

Great confrontation between Okabe and Suzuha, paired with some great music to make it even more effective. Even better material for each of them and their respective closest people after that. Very much looking forward to seeing how this develops in the near future.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection
          My FP Reviews | Twitter

Comment

Episode 10

If you die, you can't listen.

This episode focuses on Maho as she had quite a close relationship with Kurisu to the point where she's giving her mother a replacement plushie even though Kurisu herself is never going to get it as things stand. And then comes the end there where Okabe can inherit all of Kurisu's research, but by doing so he's opening up Pandora's Box as he puts it, as it was that research that started WWIII in those other timelines. Okabe sure has quite a big decision on his hand as the research could be the key to traveling into Steins;Gate where both Kurisu and Mayuri are alive, but at the same time WWIII is always on his mind.

Comment

Re: Episode 10

Well damn, that was quite the slumber party. I think I have a new love of Moeka, which I never thought I'd say. And Nae was also super wacky. What a change from the much more serious material around Maho, both from her old memories with Kurisu detailing the inferiority complex she held for the genius and from her dark date with Okabe that leads to a very troubling revelation.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection
              My FP Reviews | Twitter

Comment

Episode 11

What will Okrain do?

In the end, Okabe decides that it's for the best to destroy the laptop with the research to stop WWIII from starting, but before that could happen those masked goons come back to try and steal it before it got destroyed in a shootout. At this juncture, they played it safe seeing that there could be another chance to fix the world, but starting WWIII was the last thing they wanted to do. So with that, winter break has ended and Maho and the professor are back in America to start up the next semester. The decision was pretty much expected, but how it was decided for them was really something. It will be interesting o see what happens next now that Maho has gone back.

Comment

Re: Episode 11

Although it has seemed pretty obvious that Leskinen and Judy are among the villains all along, they do seem to be playing with us a little by showing Yuki with some injuries, albeit not on the level that Judy appears to be covering up. I would guess that's just a red herring, but there's always room for more surprises relating to the established cast. That is very much Steins;Gate at its core. Looking forward to seeing where this second cour takes us. Should be lots of new developments after perhaps a more extended period of apparent peace? They have plenty of years to work with, so I'm very curious. Certainly not the last we've seen of any of those characters.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine