X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2018] Steins;Gate 0 Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    シュタインズ・ゲート ゼロ

An alternative timeline for Steins;Gate. Things take a different turn here towards the end game.

Airs: Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Studio: White Fox

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

The dark untold story of Steins;Gate that leads with the eccentric mad scientist Okabe, struggling to recover from a failed attempt at rescuing Kurisu. He decides to give up and abandons his lively scientist alter ego, in pursuit to forget the past. When all seems to be normal, he is seemingly pulled back into the past by meeting an acquaintance of Kurisu, who tells him that they have begun testing a device that stores the memory of a human and creates a simulation of them with their characteristics and personalities. Okabe begins testing and finds out that the simulation of Kurisu has brought back anguish and some new unexpected tragedies.

Zero is a side story that explores events from the Beta Attractor Field's future that contribute in making the end of the original story possible.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Watching: Forest of Piano, Seraph of the End, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

The good times won't last for long.

Just when Okarin was going to live a normal college life having moved on from Kurisu's death, things are about to get serious once again with the appearance of Maho there at the end, as well as AIs creating havoc. This feels just like how it was in the original season, but with one tragedy already being experienced by Okarin coming in. And now, Okarin is losing his mind once again. Quite a great start to this season seeing that this takes place in a different timeline, one that wasn't so pleasant as the endgame of the original season.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Ah, that was everything I hoped it would be. An Okabe so broken from his trauma that he couldn't be further from his past self is a fascinating starting point for this version of the story, and I'm extremely excited to see where this all goes to lead to the outcome that the Okabe we know eventually benefits from.

Good luck dubbing that interpreter scene, Funimation!

"Amadeus" is a good song, but I'm looking forward to the actual OP.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Talking into the past.

Kurisu may be dead, but that doesn't mean Okabe can't talk with her again. With the Amadeus system that the professor and Maho help invent, that was made possible. That definitely raises a lot of questions seeing that there's a lot more to quantum physics than Okabe realizes, and it got me to thinking that this was what Kimijima used in Robitics;Notes in order to create havoc. This is definitely something to think about seeing that this device is having Okabe talking with a version of Kurisu that has never met him before apparently. Should be interesting to see what comes of this.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Seriously, Funimation, that dubbing is going to be rough.

I love the new OP and ED and look forward to really getting to know them.

Amadeus material is fascinating. I even love that it's CG, because it fits the situation perfectly.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 3

He's having himself a merry little Kurisu-mas. Or maybe not.

That was pretty amusing with Amadeus-Kurisu's response to all of those things that Okabe said as he forgot to turn off the device. So it's one of those typical Christmas parties, but of course after that it's back to reality as the Kurisu he is talking to is really Amadeus and the real thing is long dead as Maho puts it. Pretty festive all things considered, but now it's back to reality.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Yep, Okabe has completely lost himself in his waifu delusions. It's funny to think about those parallels, but it is a really powerful exploration of that concept, especially with the PSTD triggered at the end.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 4

Spoken like a real dad.

Here comes Kagari, who is Mayushii's adopted daughter as her real parents were killed in World War III, and then when Mayushii bit the dust she was taken in by Suzuha shortly before she went on her trip into the past. Pretty much, this is all info dumping as it sets the parameters for something big that's about to go down.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Whoa, Future Daru is skinny. That may be the most mind-blowing revelation of all.

I had seen the name "Kagari Shiina" thrown around in pre-production material, so I knew we'd have a new major character related to Mayuri, but what we learned about her here was still basically all new to me. With her possessed by something enough to point a gun at Suzuha by age 10, I can't wait to find out what kind of person she is after spending most of her life in a time before she was born, apart from our crew entirely. And there may be even more to tell from before Mayuri came across her.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 5

Who'll find her first?

Kiryu is back, and while this isn't the same person who tried to kill Mayuri, Okabe is still approaching her as if she is that same person. And then comes another professor from America as Reyes chased Maho all over Akihabara. And then comes the big twist as Kurisu has arrived, who is supposed to be dead in this timeline. Well, as it turns out, that's not Kurisu, but Kagari. That leads me to believe that Kagari is actually Kurisu's daughter from that other timeline where WWIII happened. The mysteries just keep on piling.

Comment

Re: Episode 5

Hmm... I don't know how it could possibly work in the world line she's from, but she certainly looks like Kurisu...
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 6

A new year, a new mystery.

So it turns out that Kagari lost her memories, so Okabe and company aren't going to get any straight answers about show she really is at the moment. Everybody is in a great mood there to ring in the new year, and the professor might want to get his priorities straight seeing that he missed the mikos because he was overdoing it with the shopping. And then the Amadeus version is turned on with the Kurisu there revealing that she was created using copies of her memories. Just when things were going well, out of nowhere the apartment was stormed by a bunch of masked men. It was only a matter of time before that moment happened where Okabe is sent scrambling for answers just like in the original series. It looks like in that regard, the moment of truth has arrived.

Comment

Re: Episode 6

Not a ton of new information on Kagari despite spending the full episode with her, mostly due to her amnesia and a lack of any leads on her whereabouts since separating from Suzuha, but I'll bet that changes before long. Seems like some of the shadier figures have their eyes on her. Her connection with Kurisu is definitely something I'm as curious about as I'm supposed to be. With both Okabe and Maho constantly noting it, there's no way it's going to end up a mere coincidence.

And we close off with the classic line that summons ultimate doom. How much will this predicament have in common with the Rounder attack of the first series? At least nobody died yet! However, Okabe also doesn't appear to have a time machine at the ready, so whatever triggered his Reading Steiner recently may have to come to the rescue.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 7

Protect the girl.

Braun arrived just in the nick of time to stop those masked thugs from taking Kagari, or rather codename K-6205, away from them. So a crisis was averted, but at the same time Braun is now a target for elimination after seeing everything going down, all while something is happening with Amadeus. All of the sudden, Kurisu (at least I think that's her and not Kagari) arrives out of nowhere. The mysteries just keep on coming as there's the question of who that woman in that motorcycle suit is (it's not Moeka because of Braun's involvmenet), what K-6205 means, and how Kurisu suddenly showed up. But all hell didn't break loose, at least yet just when it looked like it was going to happen.

Comment

Re: Episode 7

Well that was resolved a lot more easily than last time, but the fact that Mr. Braun was the one who saved the day does change things significantly. Is SERN truly not involved at all? Who's the replacement for Moeka? Judy seems like the most likely unless it's some other version of another character we already know, but considering Leskinen is probably one of the main enemies, Judy seems the most likely. Lots of questions to ask, even more once the world line shifts to significantly that the real Kurisu is back!
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine