X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2017] Seven Mortal Sins Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    sin 七つの大罪

A show about femme fatales leading humanity towards the path of sin. Not to be confused with the medieval fantasy show with a nearly identical name as this has absolutely nothing to do with Meliodas and company as the seven in question are all ladies.

Airs: Friday, April 14

Studio: TNK, Artland

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

You, will you be a worshipper of the devil lords? These beautiful lords lead humans to the seven deadly sins: pride, envy, wrath, sloth, greed, gluttony, and lust. A revealing fantasy that craves to corrupt and steal true happiness starts now.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
    Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Sin for the win, censorship for the loss.

Well, that was pretty trashy and unwatchable made worse by the censorship. I knew coming in that I probably was going to hate it with a passion, and indeed that is what I'm getting. I'll give it one more episode, but that will most likely be it. I get that it was made for fanservice, but even so that was tough to watch, all while the censorship ruins whatever watchability it had.
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
      Sin for the win, censorship for the loss.

Well, that was pretty trashy and unwatchable made worse by the censorship. I knew coming in that I probably was going to hate it with a passion, and indeed that is what I'm getting. I'll give it one more episode, but that will most likely be it. I get that it was made for fanservice, but even so that was tough to watch, all while the censorship ruins whatever watchability it had.
      I like my fan service shows to have a show. This isn't a promising start. And then there's the censorship up the wazoo. Literally.
      My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
      1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
      2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
      3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

This would be an entertaining orgy of borderline hentai if not for the censorship. It's generally expected that Crunchyroll will only get those versions except for special cases that they announce ahead of time, but it certainly undoes the entire point of these shows. A shame, since it's all quite well-animated. It's unfortunate to see that this is the work Artland gets after years of nothing. They could do so much more, and they're one of the least active studios in the business. Such a waste.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Mean with envy.

That is just all messed up there. At least Maria gets to live in luxury at a hotel seeing that her heart was ripped out, but nevertheless those devils have her targeted for some reason. Even though Leviathan's food looks toxic, it's actually pretty tasty. Leviathan goes overboard there using her water tentacles to rape Maria in the elevator, but at least Lucifer won't tolerate that. It's all about envy as Maria is way too close to Lucifer, though in Maria's case it's not by choice. Next up, they are taking their sinful talents to South Beach as there's something going on in Miami.

So with that, I'm finished with this show as I wasn't planning to stick with this censored crap, and everything that happened here was simply cringeworthy.

Comment

Episode 4

Pretty surprising (and of course in the nature of this show, quite weird) what they gave us with Mammon's backstory. I guess the thing about her motherhood could be a pun on her name. Any excuse for breast sucking fanservice, though...

Lucifer and Levithan still continue to be quite cruel to Maria. Even as Maria conflictingly comes to be a little more accepting of the demons, her tormenters are not moving towards the middle at any comparable speed. Leviathan's rare moments of acknowledgement don't seem to add up to much when she's back to tearing into Maria even harder the next scene or episode. So far, it seems the Sins that they are confronting are more redeemable than the ones Maria's trapped with.

Comment

Episode 7

Here's another episode with a rather surprising turn, this one right at the start. I had an (thankfully rather brief) experience with how hospitalization sucks before. Even in a crazy, weird show like this, there were a few things that felt rather familiar. Maria can be playfully sweet when Lucifer's in a vulnerable state like this. It's hard to see if there's any evolution that can make up for how utterly distasteful it all started out with them, though. Maybe with this latest plot development, though, they are going to just why Maria was so important as a target in the first place since Lucifer seems to point out there's some significance to Maria's heart that Belial does not yet realize.

Comment

Episode 8

We did get some bonding moments of them in the end with the previous episode, but I'm a bit surprised Beelzebub is there continuing to stick by Lucifer's side since none of the other Sins she beat got to doing that. At least not right away: I assume perhaps more will become allies by the end.

Satan gets to siccing a navy on Leviathan, and then they go to battling on the moon. I guess I'm continuing to watch this show for the weird stuff like this.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X