Akkun to Kanojo: My Sweet Tyrant Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 15

Doing things as told by shojo manga isn't exactly the best way to go about it. And it's pretty hilarious to see the girls trying and failing, especially with that wall slam. Those kids just want to act crazy for the sake of being crazy.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 16

Homemade lunches are always such a big deal to these kids, and that's exactly the case here. Akkun has a normal lunch, all while Matsuo's is pretty girly, all while Chiho decides to get pretty wicked about her's. Crazy things happen when making lunches that involve more than just eating great food.
      Last edited by Buckeye; 08-05-2018, 08:57 PM.
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 17

And everybody is spending the night together under one roof. A sudden rainstorm that lasts through the night will do just that given that everybody had already gathered before it happened. Everybody sure was having a good time given the situation.

Comment

Episode 18

And it's the most wonderful time of the year as the four are spending Christmas together. Meanwhile, Irie is dressed up as a reindeer to help out at a shop, and she made her presence well-known. So they exchange gifts, and afterwards, they make snow bunnies as it's a white Christmas. Really cute seeing them getting so romantic like that on a special day.

Comment

Episode 19

So after Christmas comes New Year's Day, and just like people in Japan typically do, they go off to the shrine hoping that the next year will be great. The girls sure are looking great in their kimonos, and while Nontan got great luck, Akkun better watch out.

Comment

Episode 20

Akkun's class is picking up trash around the city, and while Nontan is into it, Irie is just there to impress the teacher. And Chiho happens to come across them cleaning up the place and tells her friends from school that Matsuo is an enemy of mankind. Once again, things got pretty awkward, and all these people are trying to do is clean up the place that's in need of it.

Comment

Episode 21

And so it tells the story of how Irie first fell in love for Kubomaru-sensei as this one-sided romance started in an alleyway. Since then, she had been doing whatever she can to get his affection, even getting wet trying that wet t-shirt trick that ultimately failed.

Comment

Episode 22

Chiho sure is such a scaredy cat. While she is understandably afraid of roaches, the way she freaks out is just hilarious and totally chaotic, from the way she lets Matsuo know about it to tell Akkun and Nontan that home is unsafe to enter. Quite an overreaction that was.

Comment

Episode 23

That green onion plush sure is weird, and even more so when Nontan bought Akkun one while he was sick some time ago. But these are all good memories seeing that she was quite thoughtful there. And here they are passing by that store again, and this time Akkun has a much more pleasant time seeing it.

Comment

Episode 24

Akkun might want to think about when he should say the word hate because he picked quite a bad time to do it. Nontan was around her, and by saying it things got ugly there. Not to mention, there's video recording going on.

Comment

Episode 25 (Finale)

And in dramatic fashion, Akkun finally says Nontan's name after he jumped through the window while everybody was watching the video they filmed with the camera. Pretty funny seeing Akkun saying non-something-or-others seeing that he had a falling out of sorts last time. That was good to see them making up.

Overall, this show is pretty much what I was expecting out of a short. It has fun characters, solid humor, and decent animation quality for a short, which made it worthwhile for its run length. The biggest issue this show has is its repetitive humor as the show just didn't have the variation all while relying on overplaying some of its cards. But in all, it's something that made it worth putting up for three minutes a week.

MAL Rating:

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X