Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 9

Quality over quantity.

Teams have joined forces to take out Pito, but even with a 29-6 advantage, they are all just schmoes who just don't get it. While that's happening, LLENN finds some much-needed supplies as she's running low on bullets, and they got out of one jam thanks to Fukaziroh's pink smoke bomb that provides a perfect cover for LLENN. That was some pretty perverted stuff that Clarence said to LLENN, but even those she ended up kissing her to seal the deal, it's not happening IRL. It will be interesting to find out just what kind of person Clarence is in real life given that she's acting like a man. In the meantime, LLENN is in another jam and they are still alive thanks to Clarence taking the blow seeing that she had decided to waive the white flag.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 10

Death only belongs inside the game.

LLENN is saved by SHINC, and while the two agreed to a rematch, there are bigger problems to worry about, so they team up considering this is a mater of life or death in the real world. Pito nearly bit the dust there after being shot in the eye, but M stopped the bleeding just in time, and she has had time to recover. And it turns out that Kirito isn't the only one who uses a lightsaber as Pito also us skilled with the weapon. That was some great action once again, and now the one-on-one showdown between LLENN and Pito is coming.
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 10

This latest arc has just been outstanding. It has successfully managed to, in a very believable way, make the preceding portions of SAO extremely relevant, without once having a cameo from those shows, believably putting itself into the world of SAO, yet being entirely its own creation.

And now we're down to the finals, with the non-essentials largely taken care of: LLENN vs. Pito!
        My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
        1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
        2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
        3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Episode 11

Battle of the psychos.

Things really got heated here as Pito showed off her sadistic side in the gaming world using her lightsaber to wipe out that squad, all while M took out SHINC leaving only the four combatants left. Fukaziroh charged in recklessly and would have bitten the dust if it weren't for LLENN provoking Pito to come out and fight her, and for some dumb reason opted not to finish off Fukaziroh when she was a sitting duck. That's a decision that will come back to bite them as she came to the rescue in that vehicle when it looked like LLENN was down for the count, and now that the weapons have been knocked away, it has devolved into a fistfight. That was some dumb action there, but it was all fun to watch. One more episode left to go.

Comment

Episode 12 (Finale)

Remember folks, this is only a game.

After an action-packed leadup, the contest ends with LLENN biting Pito after her hands were virtually amputated, and then the last remaining squad comes in to finish everybody off and as such, LLENN's team finishes second while Pito's team finishes third, and as promised they get to meet IRL. It was pretty obvious that Elsa is Pito's player as the fan letter was a dead giveaway, all while Goushi is her manager. It turns out that missing out on playing SAO actually drove her to want to experience death, and the M stands for masochist. So now that they are gaming buddies who also know each other IRL, Karen won't have any trouble getting tickets to her concerts from hereon out. Pretty silly way to end this, but it's all good. I'm hoping to see another season of this show as it has been lots of fun to watch all while this is part of the uber-popular SAO franchise even if Reki Kawahara has no direct involvement in this.

Overall, this show is a satisfying side story that will please SAO fans as it gets all the entertainment aspects down with great characters, nice animation, incredible action, and decent character development. Above all, most of the aspects that dogged SAO after the first half of the firs season are largely absent. Unfortunately, the show is far from polished when it comes to the more critical aspects of the show as the story was just silly in structure and doesn't add up to anything substantial, all while this show feels like it was catered more towards fans of the franchise. In all, it was an entertaining show to watch and definitely worthwhile for fans of the franchise even if it isn't up to snuff substancewise.

MAL Rating:

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
              Episode 12 (Finale)

Remember folks, this is only a game.

After an action-packed leadup, the contest ends with LLENN biting Pito after her hands were virtually amputated, and then the last remaining squad comes in to finish everybody off and as such, LLENN's team finishes second while Pito's team finishes third, and as promised they get to meet IRL. It was pretty obvious that Elsa is Pito's player as the fan letter was a dead giveaway, all while Goushi is her manager. It turns out that missing out on playing SAO actually drove her to want to experience death, and the M stands for masochist. So now that they are gaming buddies who also know each other IRL, Karen won't have any trouble getting tickets to her concerts from hereon out. Pretty silly way to end this, but it's all good. I'm hoping to see another season of this show as it has been lots of fun to watch all while this is part of the uber-popular SAO franchise even if Reki Kawahara has no direct involvement in this.

Overall, this show is a satisfying side story that will please SAO fans as it gets all the entertainment aspects down with great characters, nice animation, incredible action, and decent character development. Above all, most of the aspects that dogged SAO after the first half of the firs season are largely absent. Unfortunately, the show is far from polished when it comes to the more critical aspects of the show as the story was just silly in structure and doesn't add up to anything substantial, all while this show feels like it was catered more towards fans of the franchise. In all, it was an entertaining show to watch and definitely worthwhile for fans of the franchise even if it isn't up to snuff substancewise.

MAL Rating:
              I rate this higher than you. This was a very worthy addition to the SAO family. The ending was not much of a surprise, although I was glad that they did try to hide it with a twist...one that Karen saw right through.

The result is a show that ended with a bang, literally. I love how everyone was booing the result of Squad Jam 2. The contest's end sucked, but that was working as intended.

Best part: M actually meant M! ROFLMAO!
              My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
              1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
              2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
              3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X