X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2018] Tada Never Falls in Love Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    多田くんは恋をしない

A comedy about a guy who is romantically inept.

Airs: Thursday, April 5, 2018

Studio: Dogakobo

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    HIDIVE

In the story, Mitsuyoshi Tada, a boy who has never known love, is taking pictures of the cherry blossoms in full bloom when he meets Teresa Wagner, a transfer student from Luxembourg. Upon arriving in Japan, she got lost, separated from her travel companion. Mitsuyoshi helps her and brings her to his grandfather's coffee shop.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Lost in the scenery.

So it begins with Tada meeting Teresa after she got separated from her fellow companion from a small country in Europe who is a big fan of the Rainbow Shogun, and that is what motivated her to move to Japan. This foreigner certainly has some screws looses, but nevertheless she's easy to get along with. And of course seeing that this is by the same guy who did Nozaki-kun, there are lots of funny situations there from Tada's failed attempt at speaking English to the way he reacts when Teresa and Alec end up transferring into his class. While not over-the-top like in Nozaki-kun, it still looks like it will be a fun show.

So with that, the usual trial period rules apply and I'll take a couple more before deciding.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

It's a photo finish.

Needing to join a club, Teresa and Alec end up joining the photography club, and they have a contest to see who can take the best pictures of the other team. Alec shows just how much ninja training she has taken, and int he end she leads Team B to victory with a photo of Tada and Teresa. What a nice way to welcome Teresa into the club there seeing that everybody got to know each other better. That was quite a crazy game there with Alec pulling all the stops. Even though she's a class rep and not really a member of the club, Hinako sure acts as if she is one of them. And then there's Yamashita, being such a faithful dog it's funny.

So after a nice beginning, this show has a pretty solid chance of making the cut, and with the way Thursdays are shaping up, I plan to keep no more than four shows.

Comment

Episode 3

He and his cat.

That was some pretty amusing narration there by Tada's pet cat. Seeing Nyanko Big jumping only to realize that because he had packed on the pounds that he falls not once, but twice, that was quite hilarious. While that's happening, some family history is explained as Tada's parents are dead, while Teresa and Alec go way back. Then there's Ijuin, who Tada has known for awhile now, and he has some screws loose. Pretty good episode that was, and to see Teresa and Alec lending a hand at the show is nice.

So with that, the trial period continues for this show. But from the look of things, I'm leaning towards staying with this show as the comedy has been pretty good, and the story is full of intrigue. My plan is to have four Thursday shows, and this is in pretty good position to be one of them.

Comment

Episode 4

She's closer than he thinks.

Here is an episode about Hajime and Hinako as these two are childhood friends. Hajime is quite a huge fan of Hina not knowing that the fashion model is actually Hinako as she takes on a different persona while doing fashion modeling, which runs in the family. Hajime sure went crazy there, and he even went as far as to try and script his line during a meet-and-greet event where he ended up exceeding his allotted time window. Of course, Hina isn't going to ever tell him, but nevertheless they have feelings for each other and that would come under fire should he know the truth too soon. Quite an amusing episode that was going to show that once they fall in love, it's all over as Alec puts it.

So with that, this show has made the cut for this season's watchlist as the third of four Thursday shows.

Comment

Episode 5

There are not kappas in the bathhouse.

It starts off with some not-so-pleasant memories with Tada and his sister as it was quite a tough time for them when their parents died. And then Ijuin goes nuts with his show, and everybody is cooking up quite a big feast there. Then it's off to the bathhouse where Teresa experiences it for the first time, and Ijuin goes crazy once again with the stuff about kappas. That was nice to see everybody getting along so well, and Ijuin totally stole the show here. Next time, Teresa's royal lineage is revealed as somebody comes over to remind her about it.

Comment

Episode 6

Prince Charming is here.

Charles comes to Japan, who is a college student on summer break, and Teresa's fiancee. The way Charles reacted to the Photography Club is pretty funny, especially when he sees Hina's photo putting Hinako on edge. As he is a big celebrity back in his home country, that comes with a ritzy party requiring formal attire, the way Tada and Ijuin behaved there is pretty awkward. And of course, Teresa gets sidetracked when she sees something out of her favorite samurai drama. While Teresa is engaged with Charles, I just can't help that she's much closer to Tada, but of course given the title of this show, I'm not expecting Tada to end up with her in the end.

Comment

Episode 7

Cat got his tongue.

This episode is all about Nyanko Big as one night, he went missing. Tada and friends go frantically searching for him, though Ijuin sure is taking the opportunity to enjoy himself using selfies with the cat in it while asking around. In the end, Charles ended up being the key to finding him as somehow, he can talk to animals. As it turns out, Nyanko Big fell in love with a cat owned by Chia, who is Kentaro's friend who graduated last year, and he was going to present her that treasured foxtail as a gift, but of course it would be unrequited. That was quite a bizarre adventure that turned out to be, but at least it was all good in the end.

Comment

Episode 8

The stars will come out.

To mark the end of the summer vacation, Tada and company go to Mt. Fuji, and then to stargazing to capture some really breathtaking pictures for a photo contest. It was cloudy during the day, and that threatened to derail things, but the skies cleared up overnight and they enjoyed their night under the stars. Quite a breathtaking trip that was as everybody had a good time together. So with that, Charles goes back home, and it's onward with school life and the photography club stuff. Those guys sure are having fun there, especially Ijuin with all of those selfies and totally waxing everybody in table tennis.

Comment

Episode 9

On sick leave.

The prologue there is foreshadowing something big there as Teresa is headed home pretty soon to marry Charles and become the queen of Larsenburg. But her feelings are conflicting there as she has taken quite a liking to Tada. Those the show's title suggests that it won't happen simply because Tada just isn't interested in romance. Anyway, that was a solid episode there with Tada out sick with his friends coming to his side, and there's just so much on Teresa's mind. But for now, she's enjoying a live performance of her favorite show, as well as all the photo club activities right before the she makes her big decision that seemed to be clear cut at the beginning.

Comment

Episode 10

Somewhere over the rainbow.

Teresa and Tada have their date as Teresa is a huge fan of Rainbow Shogun, and the event pretty much had everything in rainbows. They had such a great time together, and then it rained reminding Tada of the circumstances in which his parents died. They were suddenly called to leave earlier than expected for work in the middle of a downpour, and that's when the accident happened. While they had a great time, reality sets in with Teresa and Alec returning home. Just what will Tada do now?

Comment

Episode 11

Get over and go over.

Tada misses Teresa a lot more than he realizes, and even more so since she suddenly left Japan. He just couldn't stop thinking about her seeing that he's always being reminded that she has been quite a huge part of his life. So in the end, he decides to go to Larsenburg himself to look for her. Pretty much, this episode is all about soul searching as Tada had one more important thing to say to her. One more episode left, and it will be interesting to see just what it is he has to say to Teresa, but given the title of the show I'm not expecting a full-blown love confession.

Comment

Episode 12

Royal ties run in the family.

It's no wonder why Teresa came over to the Tada family coffee shop as Rachel used to work there with his grandfather Shozo while as a college student before going becoming Teresa's caretaker in Larsenburg. And that trip to Japan is part of the family's requirement to study abroad and broaden her horizons as Teresa chose to go there. But now, the time is coming where Teresa marries Charles as arranged by her family and to succeed the throne as the next queen. And that conversation left both Teresa and Tada in emotional turmoil. One more episode left as now those two need to sort out their emotional baggage that they have suddenly acquired, but knowing Tada and the show's title, I'm expecting Teresa to fully accept her marriage with Charles since Tada just wants her to be happy, all while Charles is the type of guy who is willing to make it happen.

Comment

Episode 13 (Finale)

Whatever makes her happy.

So it ends with Tada confessing his love to Teresa at the party, and the feelings are returned. Charles is fine with all this as he lets her know that whatever she decides, he will support it. As such, the marriage is off as Teresa just isn't ready to become the queen just yet, and she returns to Japan for in the spring at the same place as Pin-senpai graduates, and Tada is the new president of the Photography Club. I had a feeling that the romance would end up unrequited with the show's title, but it ends up not being the case (or at the very least Teresa hasn't fallen in love with anybody just yet). Charles is such a gentleman realizing that Teresa can't be a queen the way she is.

Overall, this is a fun time to be had with some solid storytelling and comedy. The characters are great, the romantic aspect is solid, and the chemistry between the characters is exceptionally done, all while the artwork and soundtrack do a nice job to support this show. However, it's bogged down by a few major issues as I felt that the comedy had the tendency to be repetitive and stale, and the story just felt too uneven to really work with the story not really doing a whole lot at the beginning. In all, it's a fun show that's worth watching, especially for those who enjoyed Nozaki-kun.

MAL Rating:

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X