Widgets Magazine

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoria Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2017] Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoria Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか外伝 ソード・オラトリア

A side story of Danmachi where Aiz is the MC doing the dungeon exploring.

Airs: Friday, April 14

Studio: J.C. Staff

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Amazon

Sword princess Aiz Wallenstein. Today, once again, the strongest female swordsman heads to the giant labyrinth known as the "Dungeon" along with her allies. On the 50th floor where mysteries and threats such as a decayed dragon's corpse that crumbles to ash and an irregularity that creeps ever closer to the party loom, Aiz calls for the wind and heads deeper into the darkness of the Dungeon. Eventually, she finds herself meeting a boy for the first time. In the Labyrinth City of Orario, the contrasting stories of the boy and the girl intersect!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

So this side-story with Ais as the MC begins with a typical dungeon quest where the enemy is a bunch of acid-shooting giant caterpillars. While the party gets overwhelmed, Alf proves her worth in a big way. That was a close one as the party nearly went down had it not been for Alf, but they live another day and need to retreat after suffering all that damage. And that's where the original Danmachi started with Ais saving Bell from those minotaurs. Ais and Lefiya sure are building an interesting relationship, all while it's nice to be back with this show.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

I didn't think I'd like a DanMachi spinoff all about Ais that much, but I loved that connection at the end.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
        I didn't think I'd like a DanMachi spinoff all about Ais that much, but I loved that connection at the end.
        That's because it's not only about Aiz. It's about the beautiful love between her and Lefiya. Or I want to to be, at least.
        Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
        Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Those Amazon twins are the best. The whole team is pretty badass all around, but those two are particularly fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
            Those Amazon twins are the best. The whole team is pretty badass all around, but those two are particularly fun to watch.
            No argument here. At this point the twins are definitely carrying the show.
            Currently Watching | MAL Profile
            Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Originally posted by Jun Kuga View Post
              That's because it's not only about Aiz. It's about the beautiful love between her and Lefiya. Or I want to to be, at least.
              Even if I was coming into this completely blind, Lefiya alone would have convinced me to keep watching. Here's hoping they do get married in the end. Yes, I hope for the impossible.
              "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
              Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Is this the yuri version of Danmachi then? Lefiya's crush on Ais is pretty cute.
                Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Originally posted by Momoka Kibi View Post
                  Originally posted by Jun Kuga View Post
                  Even if I was coming into this completely blind, Lefiya alone would have convinced me to keep watching. Here's hoping they do get married in the end. Yes, I hope for the impossible.
                  I can personally think of at least one goddess who would be fine with this scenario.
                  Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
                  Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Episode 2

All in the familia.

After their adventure that included saving Bell from those minotaurs they chased up the stairs, things get out of hand with Loki being a pervert, Lefiya daydreaming about being with Aiz, and of course Bete getting drunk and saying all those mean things about Bell indirectly that led him to scram without paying his bill. And then everybody goes shopping for clothes and having dirty thoughts about Aiz in those risque outfits. Pretty much, it's a laid back episode where the familia just came back from an exhausting dungeon quest and they need a break, especially since Aiz's sword needs maintenance on it.

Comment

Episode 3

Putting all doubts on ice.

It's onto Monsterphilia where Freya caused quite a mess there unleashing the beasts all over town during this coliseum fighting event. Bell had his hands full using his new weapon to save the day, and now Aiz is in a big jam herself. While most of those monsters were not match for her, that giant plant boss gave everybody trouble and seeing that Aiz was using a replacement sword that she was helpless. But then Lefiya shows why she's a strong mage with that rare spell to freeze that monstrosity. Pretty nice to see Lefiya being useful here seeing that it was a gamble with that monster able to stop magic before it gets cast.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

So when it's not just pure fanservice, it's basically just Bell's story with Lefiya in his role, nobody as fun as Hestia, and Ais somehow less of a character than ever. I've definitely lost all hope now. Dropped.
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 4

There's a killer on the loose.

Aiz and her familia are now searching for a killer who murdered a Ganesha familia adventurer to steal something, and it turns out she's connected to that plant monster fought at Monsterphilia. So after searching around, Aiz stumbles on someone named Lulune who the killer is after as she holds a jewel with a little creature inside that reacts to Aiz. That is some mystery there, and it will be interesting to see who the killer is and what she hopes to accomplish by doing all this.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Things are definitely starting to get much more intriguing here than in the first three episodes. Particularly curious to see what we find out about Ais and her past.

Comment

Episode 5

Beast unleashed.

The killer happens to be a red-haired beast tamer who has some history with Aiz's mother Aria. There was quite a lot going on here from Aiz battling that tamer to Riveria and Lefiya beating that plant monster that just wouldn't die, and then there's Uranus up to something given everything that happened back at Monsterphilia. It all started with a murder and it ends up turning into something much bigger. And then Aiz is taking on the floor boss alone (though with Riveria there as a spectator). It will interesting to see just who Aria was and what kind of connection he has with that tamer that is out for blood.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X