Widgets Magazine

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? (SukaSuka) Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 11

Let's see if they can pull a happy ending out of this one...
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 12 (Finale)

Maxed out on happiness.

And so, it's a sad ending there as Chtholly, Nephren, and Willem all end up not returning. Nopht is fine, while Rhan nearly was eaten until Willem saved her. But then Nephren fell out of the airship that was going at full speed, and Willem jumped out to save her, which led to Chtholly using the last of herself to save those two realizing that she couldn't possibly get any happier. And then Chtholly goes into overdrive to slay those beasts. Then with the way the show has ended, it's ambiguous as to whether or not those three survived and at the very least, Chtholly and Nephren are no longer themselves. Pretty sad ending that was, but there was no question that the writing was on the wall.

Overall, this fantasy show was all about character relationships and it does a great job in making sure that it is developed to the fullest extent possible. The characters are likable and the show made sure that Willem and Chtholly were fully developed ahead of everything else, and while it could have gone overboard with the battle action, it's a good thing it didn't. The atmosphere and emotional stuff made this show stand out. That said, this show has a few problems with the biggest issues being the animation, the inconsistent pacing, and that some characters didn't get enough attention that probably deserved to have more of. But in the end, it had an objective, and that was accomplished.

MAL Rating:
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
      Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 12 (Finale)

Definitely some interesting musical choices in this show. That played a big role in the climax. The series has always had a pretty good sense of style for big stuff like that. I'm not blown away by the writing, but the concept and execution each have enough positive qualities to make it work, even if not to any notable extreme.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...