X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2017] Anonymous Noise Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    覆面系ノイズ

A show about a girl wearing a surgical mask who made a promise to two boys telling them to find her voice and until then, she would keep on singing. Years later, all three are in the same high school.

Airs: Tuesday, April 11

Studio: Brain's Base

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Amazon

Nino, a girl who likes to sing, experienced two farewells in the past. First, with her first love, Momo, and second, with Yuzu, a boy who composes music. But upon those two farewells, she made a promise with each of them: to continue singing until they find her voice again. Time has passed, and now these three are in high school...?!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
    Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Found by the voice.

Nino is quite the riot there with that performance, covering her ears and singing so out of sync that the band had to adjust to cover for her. But now she has found Yuzu and Momo again after not seeing them for six years. Pretty solid start to this as Nino has some pretty interesting relationships going on, all while her passion for singing really is something that is motivated by the promise she made.

So with that, I'll continue for now, and the coming episodes will determine what I do with this show as at this point, it could go either way.
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Ugh, that flipping between the awkward CG models and mostly stills really kills any performance scenes. I already don't like the aesthetic. I want to like this show for its theme, but no such luck.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Waiting to hear his voice again.

The backstory is explained as Nino and Momo used to be next door neighbors, and the two were really passionate about singing. But then Momo's family moved away, and that left Nino wanting to take her voice to the next level so that he could hear Momo's voice again. Since then, she has been wearing that surgical mask. And then she met Yuzu at the beach composing in the sand. So back to the present, it turns out that the voice she thought belong to Momo wasn't his, while her voice has been noticed. Pretty interesting backstory that was and it goes to show just how desperate Nino is to see Momo again.

So with that, I'll give it another episode seeing that this was just backstory and I would like to see things really build from the first episode. At this point, either this show or Royal Tutor makes it as I want a Tuesday shoujo title to crack my watchlist.

Comment

Episode 3

May her voice reach the world.

Nino now has a lead on Momo, but to know for sure if he's that Momo, who is using his mother's maiden name as his stage name, she will have to meet him and she can only do that by auditioning. While waiting for the results, Nino is being blamed for causing Yuzu to stop singing, but Yuzu himself is encouraging her to keep on singing. Well, that was some pretty sappy drama there with one thing leading to another, all while Nino's head continues to be in the clouds. But in any case, she is about to meet up with that Momo after so many years.

So with that, I have a decision on my hand whether this show continues or not. The decision will be based on how well it stacks up against two other shoujo shows this season in Starmyu and Royal Tutor, and at this point I have no idea which way I will go.

Comment

Episode 8

Things get to suddenly being bitter between Momo and Yuzu with the reveal. No surprise there, but it might be thing I'm saddest about here. They had gotten to be such bros the previous episode, both getting away from crappy mothers.
            Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 05-30-2017, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Episode 10

I continue to like some of the nice moments Miou gets with Nino, with her blushing reaction to Nino's acknowledgement of much Miou cherishes the band she started. They've developed into sweet, rather than bitter rivals so far. Drama over Yuzu may make it bitter later, but I like how things are now, unlike Yuzu and Momo who got their bromance instantly and completely derailed. And Momo just keeps ramping up the assholishness at practically everyone. Something's got to give with him eventually, but for now he's making it so hard to sympathize with him. I like that rather than just mope around as Nino has gotten so accustomed to doing when he's done this before, she's finally also starting to get really angry about it and ready to show him up.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X