Airs: Sunday, April 2

Studio: Zero-G

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Fandom Post News & Reviews

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.

Episode 1

I was thinking based on the key visual that this looked more like a 00's-style shounen romantic comedy that we don't tend to see animated as much nowadays, with the effeminate-looking male protagonist and all. He's even voiced by a female seiyuu expected. And then I saw the manga actually started being published in 2007, so my feeling was more on the mark than I thought (rather than just being a recent work more in that style).

First threat to Kazuya comes in the form of a wig. I like how it all makes even more sense when we find the identity of the classmate who has a crush on him is a trap trying to be more girly. But he already looked like a girl without the wig. Amusing how he's in the ending credits as 女生徒? (Schoolgirl?) Though I guess not having a name we're not really going to see this trap again.

I'm liking how adorably feisty and haughty Kiriha is so far. Even better that I think of Satania when she speaks. Love the classic Street Fighter II reference when she was getting frustrated with games. Kazuya thinks he's going to get the cliche "you're a pervert" backlash in the bath, but I had a feeling that kind of cliche would just be reserved for the megane childhood friend. Kiriha is the type who playfully wants him to join her. Nice and sexy.

Curious to see what we are going to get with the other major female characters (all going to have a crush on him? Even his oneechan seems to brocon at least...) and supernatural plot.

Comment

Episode 2

Heh, I love the way Kazuya is able to fool Kiriha to avoid having to deal with her at school. Yeah, Kiriha having Satania's voice really couldn't be any more perfect. Though I figured she actually wasn't going to stay bound like that... she shows up at school just in time to help deal with the next amasogi incident.

First time I saw Kiriha in school uniform I though it was cute how she didn't wear socks with her school slippers. But turns out that wasn't the only thing she wasn't wearing. Hahaha...

Chisato is yet another victim of protagonist denseness. Though she's so overbearing and overreactive that I'm not sure I'm going to warm up to her just yet even if we see a little bit of her sweet side. Kazuya insisted on Kiriha giving Chisato a fishy cover story about who Kiriha is, though interesting she already knows about supernatural stuff now since they talk freely about amasogi and whatnot in front of her. I wonder how much longer Kazuya is going to be able to keep Kiriha a secret from his sister.

I guess we'll finally find out about the miko that's keeping an eye on them next episode. She seems connected to the Kukuri person Kiriha mentioned.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

How I wish the pudding song she was singing was the Pururin theme from NHK.

So maybe about half action, half ecchi harem tropes. Not something I'm going to check out any more of. The latter part is more annoying, but the former is probably more boring.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 2

I can't listen to Kiriha without hearing Satania.
          Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Can't smash the sash.

And so it begins with Kazuya treasuring his late mother's precious obi, and it becomes a kimono-wearing tsukumogami, and she takes out a wig demon that had possessed a schoolgirl at the school. Then she ends up appearing out of nowhere in Kazuya's bed where things get quite out of hand. Well, I got some good laughs out of this, but overall things were just unimaginative here throwing a lot of cliches commonly seen in harem stuff. While I certainly can enjoy these types of shows, this one didn't exactly catch my attention. I'll watch some more of this before writing it off, but I'm almost certain it's not going to stay.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
            Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
            Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Trapped in the library with a childhood friend.

Kazuya's childhood friend is introduced, and Chisato is not exactly pleased that he has been blowing off studying, all while Kiriha is the reason Kazuya has been tardy due to her smashing his alarm clock. As such, one of those evil spirits activates where the only way to defeat it is for Kazuya to study. And as such, the library is back to normal. Pretty stupid how things developed, but nevertheless it goes to show just how pathetic things have gotten for Kazuya.

So with that, I'll give it one more episode, but it doesn't look like I'll continue to watch this for much longer. Things are just not clicking as the characters have gotten on my nerves time and again.
              Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
              Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 3

This is how they wrestle.

Here comes Kokuyou, and she's a glutton who totally puts Shirou in the red after he treats her to a meal where she orders everything on the menu. And then she comes to school to eat everybody's lunches and then has an arm wrestling battle with Kiriha, to totally owns her. Then there's Kiriha facing Kukuri-hime at the shrine, and then the two battle with Kukuri totally having Kiriha cornered. Things sure are getting more out of whack.

So with that, I think I'll just go one more just to see how this plays out, but in any case I have decided to write off this show as I just wasn't getting into it.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Hah, Kokuyou ends up being a weird one, in an amusingly deadpan way. I was wondering if she was just getting back at Shirou for wasting her time, but no, she's really that danged hungry. Turns out she's very poor with her god apparently not being in the record. Kind of makes me think of Noragami. Though when Kiriha comes to face them later on, it doesn't seem like she's such a pushover at all... Kiriha's been teasing around the first two episodes, but it seems she is quite sweetly earnest in protecting Kazuya from whatever Kukuri is trying to get him wrapped up in. There seems to be a bit of dark past that's been sealed off from Kazuya and curious to see just what we get revealed of it. Maybe not so soon.

Comment

Episode 4

Use her as a weapon.

In the end, Kukuri made Kazuya her malison cleaner, but the main purpose is to get him to use Kiriha as a weapon as Kiriha had been protecting him all this time, all while those blasts drained Kiriha of all her power to force Kazuya into a tight spot. Just when Kukuri had her way, the mask falls off and her true form is revealed to be that of a little girl. So after all that, it ends in pretty silly fashion, and speaking of fashion there's Osamu being quite the pervert there giving Kazuya girls clothes that aren't made for everyday wear as Kazuya needed some clothes after Kiriha shrunk.

So with that, I decided that this would be it for me as the comedy is just cliched and mostly irritating. This episode didn't exactly change that perception, so it is time I put this under wraps.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Kazuya has his mom appear before him in some way when they get in a tight spot. She is quite the quirky one. I wonder what we're going to discover about what happened to her.

I like how Kiriha's quirky interactions show through quite nicely even when she is in obi form.

The way Kiriha bursts out laughing when Kukuri's true self is revealed... I still can't get over the fact how perfect it is to reuse Satania's voice here.

While it seems Kiriha's lolification is not permanent, it does not look like it is going to be undone as immediately as it happened. It does not look good for him asking for clothes from people who are not aware of the situation. I knew what kinds of clothes otaku Osamu was probably going to provide him with.

Comment

Episode 5

Poor impoverished Kukuri. Needing to make flowers to sell is such a sure sign of that, reminding me of the Kurosaki family in Mahoraba. Except in this case, it's the other way around: the small, energetic one is much less dependable than the big, subdued one. And not being able to afford proper repairs, she only ends up having to make due with a shrine that is sure to get Kiriha making fun of her.

Kazuya is forced into training, since he hasn't been able to duplicate the feats he did in the desperate situation with the Kukuri fight. Kiriha really seems to love the bathing setting as the place to bond with and teach him.

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                        First threat to Kazuya comes in the form of a wig. I like how it all makes even more sense when we find the identity of the classmate who has a crush on him is a trap trying to be more girly. But he already looked like a girl without the wig. Amusing how he's in the ending credits as 女生徒? (Schoolgirl?) Though I guess not having a name we're not really going to see this trap again.
                        So it looks like he does have a continuing role after all, being the student council president even. Hah, well, nice to hear even more Komatsu Mikako this season. Now he's on the other side of an amasogi problem, with a tabletop RPG nerd being the culprit. Osamu seems to be in on things now as with Chisato.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                          Episode 5

Poor impoverished Kukuri. Needing to make flowers to sell is such a sure sign of that, reminding me of the Kurosaki family in Mahoraba. Except in this case, it's the other way around: the small, energetic one is much less dependable than the big, subdued one. And not being able to afford proper repairs, she only ends up having to make due with a shrine that is sure to get Kiriha making fun of her.
                          I was sure they were going to wind up at Kazuya's place. And they still might. But Kiriha's reaction to the playground shrine was priceless though...

Avatar: Tanya Degurechaff from Saga of Tanya the Evil

Comment

Originally posted by Gildor View Post
                            But Kiriha's reaction to the playground shrine was priceless though...
                            Hah, yeah, I loved that facial expression.

Comment

Episode 6

So now even a galge has become an amasogi (and with an owner with a particularly slimy personality) and makes the whole school experience in real life play out like one.Interesting how it gives some random girl classmates full names and more of a role to compensate for not really having any school girl rivals at this point. And how many games actually have time limits to answer like this? The free response thing seems even more unlikely (how would that even work?), but the complicated quirks of the game give Kazuya a chance. I just knew he was going to turn to Osamu for help. There's a price of helping out with manga when Osamu is involved, but as expected, he knows his stuff.

I had a feeling that doll Chisato brought out early on was going to be key. First thing that came to mind when Kazuya was needing something that used his childhood friend status. Though he's been so thick-headed with that stuff it's a wonder he was even able to think of it (only when a crisis comes up). Of course the ability to "steal" a girl away could only be a "bug" in games like this. Even with things seemingly having gone well, there's one more twist. Hah, I think "is this actually an eroge?" and then Osamu knows the truth as soon as the words "PC" are uttered. Interesting thing there is how Kiriha seems so overly concerned. I think as far as Chisato is concerned, she's been so complacent because she knows how clueless Kazuya is about her, and that being overridden by eroge logic may have had her in a bit of panic.

Looks like we're going to meet some new divine characters next time. Curious to see what we get with them.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X