X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2017] Twin Angel Break Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ツインエンジェルBREAK

A mahou shoujo show about two girls fighting evil after receiving powers and orders from a hedgehog.

Airs: Friday, April 7

Studio: J.C. Staff

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Two third-year middle school girls, Sumire and Meguri, fight evil as Twin Angels under orders from a hedgehog named Miruku-chan. The girls disagree, but as they work together, little by little they become friendlier with each other.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
    Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Wanna be a hero?

So it begins with an island girl coming to Tokyo, and out of nowhere some talking hedgehog makes Meguru a magical girl with her partner Sumire, who is socially withdrawn. And in typical mahou shoujo fashion, it happens when her friends are in danger as the shamisen player Garabushi has everybody captive, and while Meguru easily defeats his henchmen, Garabushi has her all wrapped up and she had to be saved by her partner. Well, that was pretty lame and conventional for magical girl show, something that has been used time and again. I'll probably watch another episode or two, but I'm just not feeling it with this show, especially since I didn't have any expectations coming in.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
    Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

I watched that Twin Angel show back in 2011 and it was pretty bad, but this was maybe even worse. Real bottom-tier stuff.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Yet another icy Kayano Ai-voiced girl who deep down is just so adorable and moe. Sumire particularly has a weakness for cute animals. Meguru is persistent in her befriending efforts, but for whatever reasons, she doesn't feel as overboard as they type usually is for me. M.A.O has a nice cheery voice, but I also love the nervous sounds she makes with her inadequacies and setbacks (gotten to hear so much of that with her role in Kuromukuro, and she's great at it). Huh, and I didn't even think at first how our leads are the voices of Papika and Mimi. Even have a similar color scheme going, though Cocona has ended up being a blonde trap instead. :D

School nurse... a sought after position for shady female characters. And this villain is the queen ant type. I realized in the credits how "Mary" is a pun ("ari" being ant. Hah).

We see with the animal race how the owners can be wilder than the actual animals. I was wondering if there was going to be something with Run-Run finally warming up to Sumire, but that will probably be saved sometime later. Focus here is more on Sumire warming up to Meguru. Nice that is going at a decent pace.

Miruku has the same VA as Kurumi from the original series and is an anagram of her name. Kind of wondering what significance we will get of that connection. Not that I would be familiar with much since I gave up on the original TV series (think I may have watched half of it) and forgotten about most of what I did watch. I'll be without a clue when they start throwing cameos at us.
        Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 04-14-2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Episode 3

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
          Miruku has the same VA as Kurumi from the original series and is an anagram of her name. Kind of wondering what significance we will get of that connection.
          Well, didn't take long to find out what's going on there. So the original heroes were beaten and Kurumi became the hedgehog creature. Wonder how long it will be until they're saved (including Kurumi back to her old self) and back in on the action. Probably going to be an endgame thing, though.

Miruku doesn't go about responding to the girls' lack of progress very well, though. Nice that Meguru and Sumire get to figuring out their strengths and developing their special abilities by talking it over together. They've come to a good place in the bond they've developed, and are able to surprise Miruku in the end because of it.

Comment

Episode 4

Well, Billy's idiocy actually does manage to accomplish delaying Twin Angel as he set out to do, even if he has no clue of how he accomplished it and is kicked out already. "This is surely a trap." And there also not the definition of trap he's actually thinking about. Yuuki's sweet charm is hard to resist.

Comment

Episode 5

Swimsuits! Also, Yuki raises too many questions. Well at least the twins are getting more involved now.

Comment

Episode 6
                Not Tuxedo Mask who has become Evil Not Tuxedo Mask makes his move finally. Also, Mary suspects things about Meguru.

Although rather than figure out Meguru is half of Twin Angel, she concludes that Meguru is a motherlode? I'm guessing they'll try to get a lot of energy from her in the next episode or two,.

Oh and Urara has a sister, in fact I was confused for a few minutes when I saw her.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X