X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2017] Armed Girl's Machiavellism Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    武装少女マキャヴェリズム

A show about a school that was once an all-girls school until recently, and the girls are allowed to bring weapons in order to defend themselves from the guys, leading to all sorts of problems.

Airs: Wednesday, April 5

Studio: Silver Link

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Amazon

The Private Aichi Symbiosis Academy was originally a high school for high-class girls. When it became co-ed, the girls, out of fear, asked to be permitted to bring weapons to school. When that was enforced, a five-member vigilante corps-like organization called the "Supreme Five Swords" was also formed.

After many generations, the five swords eventually became a group which corrected problematic students, and the academy started proactively accepting such students in order to correct them.

Nomura Fudou was sent to this school after being part of a huge brawl. What will he do when the only options he has after enrolling are being expelled from that school or being corrected the way the rest of the male students there were...by being forced to dress and act like a girl!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 04-05-2017, 12:03 PM.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Armed and dangerous.

Nomura may be a strong brawler, but he ain't seen nothing yet as those girls sure are something else. He is given a choice between coexisting or leaving, but of course that arrogant man chose the only real option, which is both freedom and quiet. That was some nice action there between Nomura and Rin, though that accidental kiss at the end ruined the mood. It was entertaining, but so far it's just setting things up and it didn't really get far in that.

So now that I have Anime Strike and plan to keep it for this season that I'll be watching some more of this and apply my usual evaluation procedure before making a decision.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

I have a multitude of problems with the asinine premise, but once you accept that, there's some decent action choreography, and hints of a greater plot around the combat abilities of the protagonist and the others. But enough to make it all worth it? Nah, not quite there. I think I'll be sitting this one out.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Another show with a bastard protagonist facing off against schoolgirls irritated with him. I wonder if this is going to be a theme this season and we'll get yet another.

Comment

Episode 2

Who said two heads are better than one?

Nomura just keeps on falling deeper into the doghouse as he is now out to get permission to leave the grounds from the big five, but that isn't going to be easy with his reputation. He got Rin's approval, but it comes with a catch in that she's keeping an eye on him at all times. So after sneaking into Rin's dorm room, that turns into a battle against Nono and Choka, two of the junior division's big five, and unfortunately for those two Choka's weapon of choice is ill-suited for combat all while they don't fight well as a team. The fight is nice, but all of this perversion stuff, not so much.

So with that, I'll give it another episode or two. Right now, it's on the bubble, but I'll wait and see how it stacks up against other bubble shows before deciding on this.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Rin goes dere easier than expected, though of course her tsun side gets incited again by the end. I do wonder what's up with her need to hide her face with an oni mask. Something with her mother? In the flashback as a kid she had an even more obstructive mask.

Heh, and U Choka-chan is such a Europhile pretender ojousama. Disgracing U Choka means that the next of the Five Swords to have him in her crosshairs will be the senior ojousama.

Comment

Episode 3

Throw the book at her.

Next up is Mary, and Nomura is dealing with a fencer as her style is to pierce rather than slash, which is bad as his gauntlets only protect against slashes. So Nomura ends up using his thick manga book to protect him from a pierce, and then to extend his range for the win. In the meantime, he meets up with Amou and recalls the time she beat him to a bloody pulp. Since then, she has become more feminine and is somebody Nomura is trying to beat seeing that she took down the big five with ease. Well, that was a pretty lame fight, all while the part where Nomura forgot to put his underwear was just cringeworthy. But the history between Nomura and Amou is something that could be interesting.

Anyway, this show was entertaining for awhile, but I'm feeling less into this show right now, so chances are it's on the outside looking in. But I haven't decided if I want to pull the plug or not just yet.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                Rin goes dere easier than expected, though of course her tsun side gets incited again by the end.
                I like that there wasn't any bit of character regression in how she acknowledged the rumors. Nono is truthful to her, and the misunderstanding gets cleared up. Much to the point that she tries to keep Mary off of him, though that obviously fails. Got to have the next big one-on-one confrontation with the Five Swords.

Hah, and Mary having been fed into the rumors, is actually feeling more disgraced when she's defeated and Nomura doesn't act as the rumors say, despite her attempts to entice him. Almost works, but in the end Nomura acts in a way that finally gets even airheadedly proud Mary to look past those rumors and show a dere side. Going to be curious how the others react now that it looks like a harem is starting to form.

Comment

Episode 4

Bear down, Fudo Nomura.

Next opponent is Warabi, and unlike the other council members her test is an athletic competition where the events aren't part of a normal high school sports festival. She has Nomura, Rin, and Mary facing off against the three musketeers that serve Warabi in a sumo wrestling contest. But it ends up being a match between Nomura and a giant bear. Nomura sure had a tough time as most of his techniques were ineffective, but he was able to find a weakness in that the bear's mawashi wasn't properly tied, and as such he wins by fujomake. Pretty stupid how things transpired from all this, and Warabi isn't done yet.

So with that, this show is probably not giong to make the cut, I won't say just yet if this is it for me seeing that Warabi isn't exactly done yet.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine
                  Working...
                  X