X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2017] Sagrada Reset Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    サクラダリセット

A show set in a seaside town where the people have special powers, with one of them having the ability to rewind time by three days and another being able to remember what happened those three days.

Airs: Wednesday, April 5

Studio: David Production

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Amazon

Nearly half the population of Sakurada, a small town near the Pacific Ocean, has some sort of unique power. These powers range from being able to enter the mind of a cat, to resetting the world back to a certain point in time in the past. There is a group known as the "Kanrikyoku" that controls and monitors the use of these powers. Asai Kei and Haruki Misora work for their school's club called "Houshi" club, which execute any missions received from the Kanrikyoku. Misora has the ability to reset the world 3 days. This means that all events and any memory of the past 3 days that "could have" happened, never happened. Kei has the ability to "remember" the past. Even after Misora uses her powers to reset the world back 3 days, Kei will retain those 3 days in his memory. Combining their powers, these two solve missions issued by the Kanrikyoku.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
    Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Hit the reset button.

So it begins with Haruki and Kei explaining their special powers that are only good while in town as Haruki can turn back time three days ago with some strings attached as she can only use it if a save state is established, she can use it only once and after those three days are replayed she can't use it for a day, and she forgets everything that happens, which is why Kei is there as he remembers it all. Quite an interesting start here, and the first case involves a lost child whose mother committed suicide. There's so much intrigue going on with this show.

So with that, I'll watch at least through the end of this case before deciding since I'll be on Anime Strike for this season, but seeing that this is a two-cour show that it could very well be on the outside looking in so that I won't be pushed into keeping my subscription for the summer season.
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

An interesting concept, but so far it's been way too boring and expository for me to be excited to see where it goes at all. A shame, but it's just so damn dull.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Some things that are lost that stay lost.

It turns out that it is Mari who is actually dead and the girl Misora had been talking to is just a clone created by her mother's special power. So using Misora's reset, Kei takes this opportunity to get Mari's mother to appreciate her more. While that case is squared away, tragedy strikes as Sumire is killed, and unfortunately it comes at a time when Misora's reset can't be activated. I figured things would get emotional, and that is what happens here. So now, the story progresses two years and Misora and Kei are now detectives.

So with that, I'll give it another episode or two, but at the moment I'm just not getting into this show.

Comment

Episode 3

Find the cat in the bag.

Next case is to use the reset to stop a cat from being road killed. It sounds simple, but there's much more to the case as something happened that wasn't experienced in the previous timeline, all while Murase has some ulterior motive for wanting to reset. So a save point was created 24 hours after reset was used, and Murase is floating away. Well, that was a rather yawner of a mystery, but there is drama going on here.

So with that, I guess I'll finish this case that should wrap up next week, but pretty much I have decided to hit the reset button and not load this show from the save point again for this and season.

Comment

Episode 4

One stone to rule them all.

And so, the question that holds the key to everything in this mystery is answered as the MacGuffin is a rock that holds key to the powers in this town. As for how Minami died in this timeline, some guy named Yoshi did it, and everything just went south from there before the reset happens as Murase was about to kill Kei by using her power to make objects disappear. Then Murase does land one on Kei, but even so a reset undid that attack going to show that Murase just can't outsmart Kei. Well, that was rather dull how this mystery was solved.

So with that, I hit the reset button on this show and move onto other things as this show has failed to keep my interest.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X