Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 4

She'll be there, even from a distance.

The magic games are here, which is the just like a school's sports festival, and the queen is coming over to watch these students compete. As much as Alicia would like to meet Rumia again seeing she faked her death, she's have to settle for watching her compete. Glenn sure does have his class figured out putting all the students in the events they are best suited for, and that includes having Rumia compete in the mental breakdown competition seeing that she's been through a lot of pain in her life. And to think that all this is motivated by Glenn desperately needing money, well that's a pretty silly motivation. Nevertheless, Glenn continues to grow out of his lazy shell to become somebody who is looked up to by his students.

So with that, the trial period for this show has expired and after it looked like it would last very long based on initial impressions, this show has gotten better. It has a tough battle against another fantasy show, but it's in pretty good shape to nab one of the at-large spots should it lose out.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Damn, Glenn is just kind of purely likable now. What a transformation. He has his inner moments that make him seem less reliable than he appears on the outside, but it's a little too convenient that none of that ever works out for him. He's clearly just a good guy who's too proud to fully admit it.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Glenn has really gotten to earn the respect of the class, but I like how that respect ends up being a double-edged sword on his reasons for wanting to win the magic tournament. His class (particularly with Sistine) only sees the positive potential motivations (as Rumia keeps on saying, not on the same wavelength :D ) and end up just digging the potential pitfall of losing much deeper for him.

I'm very interested what we are going to get on the royal intrigue and Rumia and her mother's feelings towards each other.

Comment

Episode 5

A princess no more.

The queen has come to see her daughter, but Rumia acknowledges that she's just Rumia and not the princess that was apparently killed. And then an order comes to execute her, and Glenn knows that something is up there seeing that he knows that the queen just wouldn't order an execution without a trial. It turns out that Zelos is orchestrating some plot, and Re=L and Albert are tasked with snuffing him out. It seems to me that Zelos is using some kind of mind control spell on the queen to make the execution happen as if it here a direct order from her, but it remains to be seen what is going on seeing that Celica can't say anything about the situation.

So with that, while this show loses its battle to SukaSuka, this show does earn one of the two at-large bids as this show has gotten much better after starting off on the wrong foot.
          Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 5

How many anime girls are named Re-L?

And damn, things are getting real now!
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 5

I knew Rumia was not going to respond positively to her mother's attempts to connect to her again at first. But I like that it shows her feelings are rather complicated. She has the hope deep down that her mother is being sincere, but she also feels like she would be betraying her adopted parents who she really loves if it does happen. Really like the advice that Glenn is able to give her. But now there wound up fully in royal intrigue. Hoping it won't be a tragically too late kind of thing now. Even if it's likely Glenn will prevail in this crisis, I'm worried about things getting to a bittersweet note with the Queen's connection attempts.

Other than the intrigue, the minor bit with Lynn's concerns about her magic was pretty sweet as well. Glenn really has gotten to know his students well (the bit about her being enthusiastic about transmutation music) and it shows in being able to guide and encourage them so effectively.

Comment

Episode 6

Bastard save the queen.

So the ones behind this scheme are Eleanor, who made that choker that controls the queen's mind, and Zelos. Albert and Re=L are comrades from Glenn's days in the military, and with illusion magic, they trick the guards into thinking they are chasing Glenn and Rumia when in truth they are chasing Albert and Re=L. While that choker would have killed the queen had it been removed, Glenn's negation magic allowed it to be removed without the curse being inflicted, all made possible because he knew what the queen's true feelings are. Once again, Glenn comes through in a big way knowing full well that the execution order just felt out of place. In the meantime, there's this talk about Akashic Records, and it will be interesting to see what that's all about.

Comment

Re: Episode 6

I was thinking the maid was awfully fishy (even more so than the guards) when she did that necklace exchange. I was just focused on it being something to emotionally derail attempts to reconnect with Rumia. But it turns out there's a lot more to the necklace she gave her too which is what is keeping even Celica at unease.

The class is uncertain about the "unknowns" (turns out not so unknown: I figured something was up there, particularly in the scene with Lynn... all part of the plot), but I love how Sistine manages to get them fired up and out of their uncertainty. Heh, by reminding them of how much of a bastard Glenn is going to be if they lose. Of course they don't want to put up with that.

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                  So the ones behind this scheme are Eleanor, who made that choker that controls the queen's mind, and Zelos.
                  You've got a lot of that wrong. Zelos and the guards were shown to not be behind the scheme at all. They just played into it since they were OK with killing Rumia to end the curse and protect the queen. And it didn't control the queen's mind. She couldn't say what she wanted because the curse would activate if she did.

Well, things are tense for a bit, but like how Glenn is able to see through things as I thought he would. He had first-hand experience with the queen's sincere emotions, something that couldn't be doubted at all.

Yeah, Rumia, you've been saved again alright. And that's great and all, but I do hope Rumia gets to be the one to save the day at some point, or else this routine is going to get old.

Hah, I knew the promise of food and drink (getting minors drunk is OK: but you got to mix it that alcohol into food to get it broadcast ) to the class was going to come back to bite Glenn-sensei. He doesn't get to enjoy much of the reward he was hoping for. Back to being a hungry teacher. Re=L is shown in the infamous school uniform in the ED, so curious to see how that happens.

Comment

That had some decent twists in it. Glenn saves the day in a way that keeps him likable, but does allow for some moments of uncertainty, allowing us to see him struggle for a bit rather than just blowing through everything effortlessly. That's good to see, and his relationships with Albert and Re=L are a lot of fun.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter
                    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

The sounds Re=L make when getting hit with the beam, and being punish by Glenn is super cute. I've replayed it many times, always leaving a smile on my face. It is rather interesting but it would have been better to see the aftermath of the events right away, especially between Glenn and Zelos. Now that we know the Order is deeply rooted, it can get fun if the show continues to be vague with the villains the same way they did with their former sensei, and now the maid.

Comment

Episode 7

She's not your ordinary transfer student.

Re=L has transferred into Glenn's class to be an undercover student that protects Rumia, and she just doesn't realize that she's not supposed to let others know she's actually in the Imperial Army. So the class is taken on a field trip to the beach where an army research facility is, and that means swimsuits, though not much in the way of fanservice. Any chance at that was met with failure thanks to Glenn teaching those boys not only what they were doing is wrong, but their plan was flawed. As it turns out, Glenn used to be in the army, but he quit and that didn't exactly sit well with Re=L. It will be interesting to see why he left the army seeing that some evil plot is going on.

Comment

Re: Episode 7

And just like that, Re=L is part of the class! Antics surrounding that for the first half and standard class trip to the beach in the second, with some drama around Re=L at the end!
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 7

Usually I detest yanderes, but I'll make an exception with Re=L. She's just too damn cute for me to hate, especially with the way she scarfs down those delicious strawberry tarts.
                            Currently Watching | MAL Profile
                            Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Episode 8

Back from the grave.

It's no wonder that the girl's name Re=L if it is what I think it is, that she's the one who was brought back from the dead under Project Revive Life. And now, an evil plot is set in motion with Eleanor attacking with zombies, Rumia being kidnapped, and Glenn getting stabbed. But what was unexpected is that Re=L is the one who did all that. And then there is Re=L's brother who is also working for the enemy. That was quite a big turn of events there seeing that Re=L helped thwart the kidnapping at the game, yet she's the one doing the kidnapping.

Comment

Re: Episode 8

Re=L is perhaps a bit too naive and a bit too easy to manipulate, to the point that she nearly kills everyone she cared about an episode ago. Hopefully the resolution to this can offer some real growth, because Re=L hasn't felt much like a person in general.

Getting Sistine to "kiss" Glenn via CPR is in somewhat poor taste, but at least they aren't fetishising it as much as they could. We'll see if that changes any next time. Could be some goofy comedy from it that would be no more welcome.
                                My Top Anime | Manga
                                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...