X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2017] The Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls Theater Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    シンデレラガールズ劇場

A short about the girls of 346 Productions doing cute things.

Airs: Tuesday, April 4

Studio: Gathering

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

The girls sure act cute and silly here. There's Miku going all cat crazy, Chieri being into rabbits, and Takumi being like a lion there, except that she's not hunting rabbits. Then the web-only one has Yumi singing in a flower field and creating a buzz. It's nice to see these girls again.

With the way this show is structured, episodes consists of three minute-long skits with one more that's on the web only.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

That was exactly what I expected. I never even liked Cinderella Girls enough to watch it fully, so of course this wasn't going to have any appeal to me, but I was still curious enough to check it out. I am somewhat fascinated by these franchises that extend to the point of having spinoffs of spinoffs. By the time you get that many levels deep, there's rarely anything of value to be had, so not even being that into the top level left me with no real chance to enjoy this.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

The girls head out to the beach where Uzuki has everybody disappointed wearing a school swimsuit to the beach. That's not exactly what she's supposed to do, but that's what happens when the girl just didn't have the time to go shopping for one. And then there's Chieri wondering what to wear. In the end the producer picks out a wedding dress, which is just too much for her. Those girls sure are too fashion-conscious for their own good.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Mika is still one of the best Cinderella Girls idols. I love sexy gyarus, and of course she has the bikini to match. Hilarious that she was shaking up her can so much as a part of her sexy teasing act, and didn't think about that at all when she went to open it.

Heh, and I love Kaede too. Mayu is admiring the cool, elegant aura as Kaede sits on the pier, not knowing Kaede is coming up with a stream of ridiculous puns in her head. "Umi wa tanoSEA" "Umi wa ureSEA" :D

Chieri is still oh so sugary sweet in her shyness over what to wear. I completely forget that she's voiced by Oozora Naomi. She may be reusing her Satania voice elsewhere this season (to good effect), but dang, does she have a lot of range too.

Comment

Episode 3

The girls are now doing impersonations with Syoko going overboard with her "Go to Hell" saying and Rin trying and failing to be like Kirari. Those girls sure did put the dere on. Then there's Miho getting chewed out because she called her teddy bear Producer, and by saying that she slept with Producer made it ripe for misunderstandings. These girls continue to do crazy things.

Comment

Episode 4

The way those girls approach marriage is really something. As much as they would love to marry the Producer, they are just wearing the dress and playing the part of the bride. Ranko is especially into this going all chuunibyou about it. And then there's Haruna there as her glasses make quite a statement. That, and the cat as well.

Comment

Episode 5

Kaoru sure loves going flower viewing and she's totally bummed that the cherry blossoms are long gone. But Sae and Syuko are there to find a different kind of flower for Kaoru to see and she's all happy again. And then there's Koume as she's into horror stuff with the abandoned school building. She's really scary when she gets into that kind of stuff. So now the scene shifts to all the minor characters that are not part of the Cinderella Project.

Comment

Episode 6

It's off to relax at the hot springs, but those girls aren't exactly taking it that way. There's Ranko wanting someone to take care of her wings, something that nobody else knows where they are if she does have them, and then Mio and Rin aren't getting what they had hoped for with this trip to the onsen. And then there is a photo shoot at the harbor where one of the idols is thinking of the idols as the ship and the producer as the harbor. Well, there's some validity, but not exactly a good analogy.

Comment

Re: Episode 6

Happy to see some Mio since she was one of my favorites. And her ample cleavage as well... I don't think I realize that point much with her usual persona, but I can't argue with her sex appeal potential. Doesn't gel well with either of the two units she's associated, though.

Hah, and Rin's so sweet. Her nice quiet time was really more momentary than she could have thought. But she enjoys fun time with friends too.

I almost didn't even realize it was Kanade with those glasses. She can look cool in so many different ways. I like that's she's a bit embarassed by her hazukashii serifu.

Comment

Episode 7

The Producer sure goes through a lot here with these girls. First, there's Mika having a night together with watching Rika perform not realizing that it is a recording and not a live performance. Then there's Kirari putting on all those hair decorations not knowing that she's going to bed, and then there's Momoka whose doing whatever she can to stay awake seeing that she's really busy all the time. And then there's Miria as together they get soaked playing in a fountain.

Comment

Episode 8

Those girls sure love to be maids and dressing up the part. While everybody else is wearing the Western style outfit, Anastasia is wearing the Japanese version. And then there's Shiki obsessing over anything that the Producer wears as she dons his blazer, while the Producer becomes the Professor with that white lab coat. Those girls sure are into fashion.

Comment

Episode 9

It's Yuko, Shizuku, and Sanae starring as the Three Sisters Detectives to save the princess that had gone missing. Except that they aren't actually doing the rescuing themselves as they have a fake princess lure out the kidnappers all while the real princess is found by somebody else. Those three did such a great job in being detectives. And then there is Anzu being the producer and making herself known by having her plushie mass-produced, and that's something that she certainly would like to happen to get her name out.

Comment

Episode 10

Mizuki is someone those girls are trying to be like when they grow up, and they talk about it in the hot springs after a long day doing work at an amusement park. Then Karen is out sick and in bed with the Producer so worried about her. Those girls sure do think in interesting ways.

Comment

Episode 11

Kirari is out to save the world against the Glassy Empire with her mecha, who is out to conquer the Earth by making everybody wear glasses. Not if Haruna has anything to do with it as the two clash on mechas. That is quite a silly trailer, but nevertheless it made for a good laugh. And then Minami is at a resort wanting to play tennis with the producer. Of course he just doesn't have much athletic ability, and Minami wants to keep on going on the golf course. Miami sure puts her athleticism on full display.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X