X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensuifu
    replied
    Re: Episode 37 (Season 2 Finale)

And good things always come to an end...at least there's the news of a continuation. I can't imagine how the series would feel without Sawano's score being as brilliant as ever, as well as the beautiful art/animation tied to the narrative. The haunting melody of the childrens' voice samples created the perfect combination of reprieve contrasting against what looked to be the end for Reiner, Bertholdt, and Ymir.

And just like that, there are more mysteries that unraveled despite the numerous ones still unanswered. Eren's dad was always suspect, but what a revelation hinting that something is yet too early. Curious to know what that is, though I'm guessing it's tied to what might've caused Erwin to bemuse at the thought that normal 'humans' were involved with titans all this time.

Can't wait for the upcoming cour/season, though hopefully they'll retain or improve on the animation as there certainly have been noticeable hits to the quality ever now and then.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied
    Re: Episode 37 (Season 2 Finale)

Another finale dropping strong implications of huge revelations and then ending on cliffhangers, but at least this time we don't have to wait three and a half years, probably just nine months. Good thing, because so many of the things introduced in this season hardly got any time at all. We finally got to see the Beast Titan at the very end after almost none of him since the first episode, along with another guest. So even though this was an all too brief one cour, at least we'll be seeing more relatively soon.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 37 (Season 2 Finale)

Live with a purpose.

Just when Eren needed to become a titan, he couldn't and instead he sees Hannes die by the hands of the same titan that ate his mother. But even without turning into a titan he still is plenty strong and all it took was some words of wisdom from Mikasa. So with the other titans eating him, they retreat, but Ymir stays with Reiner and Bertholdt. While the mission was accomplished, Erwin and company lost quite a lot while learning that he can control the titans. After settling the conflict, it's a lot of setup for the next season as there are theories floating out there from the Ragako Village titans and Eren directing the titans.

Overall, this season continues to do everything that made the first season one of the best shows in all of anime. The drama is amazing and intense, the action scenes and music are at the top of its game once again, and the characters have a lot of intrigue. It was great while it lasted as the biggest negative about this season is that it's only one cour and the end of the next arc that would take a cour to adapt would have been the perfect stopping point. Thankfully, a third season is coming next year, so it won't be long before this show continues.

MAL Rating:

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied
    Re: Episode 36

Jesus, we're really one episode away from the season finale? And then who knows how many years it will take to get any more? Well goddamn, this sure is eventful. I get the feeling there's not going to be much closure beyond Eren being back in the hands of his comrades. I wasn't sure if we'd actually see the Titan that ate his mom again, so I guess he must be a human.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied
    Re: Episode 36

Truly an episode I have little words for. Epic all around...

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 36

Take charge!

That was very thrilling there with the scouts charging to get Eren back. Erwin ended up losing an arm in the fight, all while Mikasa and company flashed their skills there. But of course, Reiner and Bertholdt are not going down without a fight seeing that they are going to do whatever it takes to get back to where they belong. Lots of psychology there with Ymir's alliance with Reiner doing everything it takes to be with Christa. So with that, there's one more episode left and Eren comes face-to-face with the titan that ate his mother on that fateful day.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied
    Re: Episode 35

Still a lot of mystery left unanswered and more accumulating just as we're ending the season...yet we still don't know what exactly triggers titan-transformations. From Ymir's flashback, it looks like they were injected something that alters their bodies...similar to how Eren's dad took a syringe to Eren in the first season..It didn't show Ymir's friend transforming, but it's obvious she did with the way the flash of light filled the area.
    Very curious, and hopefully whatever stopping point they end with is only temporary. So much good stuff; it'll be a pity if they'll completely end the animation adaptation this way.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
    The revelations are really piling on quite interestingly. I just hope, like with Ginga, that they can reach a decent point to stop on.
    There are three more chapters left in the Clash on Titan arc, so this season will probably end with that, and the next episode title is the name of second-to-last chapter of the arc. I was expecting this to be two cours with the next cour adapting the next arc, and having read ahead in the manga that would have been he perfect stopping point for this season. But the justification for having only one cour is because Wit is a small studio that can't handle too many projects at once and they are busy with Ancient Magus' Bride and the Kabaneri sequel.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied

The way one of Reiner and Eren's exchanges made me think had got me wondering if I'm becoming a fudanshi...

The revelations are really piling on quite interestingly. I just hope, like with Ginga, that they can reach a decent point to stop on.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied

It's all for her sake.

This episode is all about Ymir here, and seeing that Christa is her reason for living that it's only natural that she wants to bring Christa with her. So Ymir lived a life of a lie before meeting Christa and from there, she had been living an honest life. Ymir did lots of bad things like eating one of those guys as well as stealing and lying about her identity. Now that Christa has been captured that everybody is getting away, but the rescue team is in pursuit. Things are really out of hand now that Ymir decides to run away with Reiner and Bertholdt.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied
    Episode 35

Very interesting... learning quite a bit about Ymir and the Titans in general here. I really hope this season reaches a good point before it gets cut short.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied
    Re: Episode 34

It's interesting to see the composure between Reiner and Bertholdt, with Reiner's trauma causing psychological inbalance despite experiencing the same situations as Bertholdt. Curious to why Bertholdt isn't as affected, or at least, better retains his memories than Reiner, who's obviously split when his traumatic episode subsides.

The writing is pretty interesting here, with Reiner educating Eren that whatever attempts at attacking both him and Bertholdt and escaping with Ymir, is futile. Makes sense if he's talking through his 'soldier' perspective and not as the warrior identity, (and benefits both parties, since all of them would be at a disadvantage if Eren Leeroy Jenkins'ed his escape). Otherwise, Reiner wouldn't have casually divulged that strategy and could've easily pushed off both Ymir and Eren to their deaths. Instead, this warning only reinforces that Eren needs to survive, seeing he is taken hostage for some unknown reason. I'm wondering if Ymir also knows the truth but refuses to answer Eren, and for what reason if she really is holding a grudge against him..

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied
    Re: Episode 34

This episode ended up adding more questions than answers, but the one big answer it did provide is one I've been needing since I started suspecting Reiner and especially since the reveal came. It does in fact make sense that we've been seeing into his mind and he hasn't let on his secret, because he didn't know about it himself at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 34

Neither warriors nor soldiers, but murderers.

So after Eren and Ymir got kidnapped Reiner and Bertholdt, they are stranded on the top of a tree surrounded by titans on the ground waiting until night. It's pretty much all talk here as what Reiner does is contradictory leading Ymir to believe that there are two sides that are at conflict. Those two destroyed the wall as warriors, yet protected them as soldiers and Eren just isn't convinced that they are on humanity's side. And then there's the sensitive subject of Christa as well. Eren is so pissed at what has happened now that he's about to lose it, but he can't transform into a titan, all while the soldiers are out to rescue him. Interesting to see how all this plays out.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied
    Re: Episode 33

Yeah, pretty much a filler episode flashbacking to their younger years...which isn't unexpected seeing how it sets us up for what lies ahead, especially now that Erwin's back in the picture. Looks like we'll get more comic relief as well since Jean is also makes his return.

Slightly ot, but I'm still amused over what influenced the writer to include the Giant Sequoia trees in a setting where they would normally be impossible to exist. They only thrive in the Sierra Nevada mountain range in California, so seeing them incorporated in the story seems interesting if only because the author wanted some other thing massive enough, if not a wall, to scale the titans against.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X