Attack on Titan Season 2 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 35

The way one of Reiner and Eren's exchanges made me think had got me wondering if I'm becoming a fudanshi...

The revelations are really piling on quite interestingly. I just hope, like with Ginga, that they can reach a decent point to stop on.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
      The revelations are really piling on quite interestingly. I just hope, like with Ginga, that they can reach a decent point to stop on.
      There are three more chapters left in the Clash on Titan arc, so this season will probably end with that, and the next episode title is the name of second-to-last chapter of the arc. I was expecting this to be two cours with the next cour adapting the next arc, and having read ahead in the manga that would have been he perfect stopping point for this season. But the justification for having only one cour is because Wit is a small studio that can't handle too many projects at once and they are busy with Ancient Magus' Bride and the Kabaneri sequel.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
      Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Still a lot of mystery left unanswered and more accumulating just as we're ending the season...yet we still don't know what exactly triggers titan-transformations. From Ymir's flashback, it looks like they were injected something that alters their bodies...similar to how Eren's dad took a syringe to Eren in the first season..It didn't show Ymir's friend transforming, but it's obvious she did with the way the flash of light filled the area.
        Very curious, and hopefully whatever stopping point they end with is only temporary. So much good stuff; it'll be a pity if they'll completely end the animation adaptation this way.

Comment

Episode 36

Take charge!

That was very thrilling there with the scouts charging to get Eren back. Erwin ended up losing an arm in the fight, all while Mikasa and company flashed their skills there. But of course, Reiner and Bertholdt are not going down without a fight seeing that they are going to do whatever it takes to get back to where they belong. Lots of psychology there with Ymir's alliance with Reiner doing everything it takes to be with Christa. So with that, there's one more episode left and Eren comes face-to-face with the titan that ate his mother on that fateful day.
          Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 36

Truly an episode I have little words for. Epic all around...

Comment

Re: Episode 36

Jesus, we're really one episode away from the season finale? And then who knows how many years it will take to get any more? Well goddamn, this sure is eventful. I get the feeling there's not going to be much closure beyond Eren being back in the hands of his comrades. I wasn't sure if we'd actually see the Titan that ate his mom again, so I guess he must be a human.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 37 (Season 2 Finale)

Live with a purpose.

Just when Eren needed to become a titan, he couldn't and instead he sees Hannes die by the hands of the same titan that ate his mother. But even without turning into a titan he still is plenty strong and all it took was some words of wisdom from Mikasa. So with the other titans eating him, they retreat, but Ymir stays with Reiner and Bertholdt. While the mission was accomplished, Erwin and company lost quite a lot while learning that he can control the titans. After settling the conflict, it's a lot of setup for the next season as there are theories floating out there from the Ragako Village titans and Eren directing the titans.

Overall, this season continues to do everything that made the first season one of the best shows in all of anime. The drama is amazing and intense, the action scenes and music are at the top of its game once again, and the characters have a lot of intrigue. It was great while it lasted as the biggest negative about this season is that it's only one cour and the end of the next arc that would take a cour to adapt would have been the perfect stopping point. Thankfully, a third season is coming next year, so it won't be long before this show continues.

MAL Rating:

Comment

Re: Episode 37 (Season 2 Finale)

Another finale dropping strong implications of huge revelations and then ending on cliffhangers, but at least this time we don't have to wait three and a half years, probably just nine months. Good thing, because so many of the things introduced in this season hardly got any time at all. We finally got to see the Beast Titan at the very end after almost none of him since the first episode, along with another guest. So even though this was an all too brief one cour, at least we'll be seeing more relatively soon.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 37 (Season 2 Finale)

And good things always come to an end...at least there's the news of a continuation. I can't imagine how the series would feel without Sawano's score being as brilliant as ever, as well as the beautiful art/animation tied to the narrative. The haunting melody of the childrens' voice samples created the perfect combination of reprieve contrasting against what looked to be the end for Reiner, Bertholdt, and Ymir.

And just like that, there are more mysteries that unraveled despite the numerous ones still unanswered. Eren's dad was always suspect, but what a revelation hinting that something is yet too early. Curious to know what that is, though I'm guessing it's tied to what might've caused Erwin to bemuse at the thought that normal 'humans' were involved with titans all this time.

Can't wait for the upcoming cour/season, though hopefully they'll retain or improve on the animation as there certainly have been noticeable hits to the quality ever now and then.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X