Attack on Titan Season 2 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 31

NOW THESE ARE THE FUCKING REVELATIONS I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

Whew, that was exhilarating. I'm sure if I went back to the end of my Season 1 posts, I'll see mentions of my suspicions of exactly this, and here we finally are. And to think of how close we were to finding out story-wise, yet how long we'd have to wait to actually get to that. Well that can easily be the plot of the rest of the season, if not a hell of a lot more. Annie managed to keep herself from being killed or really even captured in any useful sort of way, so who knows how this will turn out?
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

..this show.... :D

So my suspicions about those two were correct...The evidence was clearly there, but how it was revealed and confirmed was pure gold. The writing allowed us viewers to build our theories and suspect those two (even the OP gives away that hint) for so long, so by now it was seemingly obvious they'd eventually confirm the truth. But it's not the fact we've 'known' it for this long, rather, it's how they revealed everything so unconventionally and comedic in tone. There was none of the expository, histrionic drama in the revelation that tends to patronize viewers; instead were treated with hilarity that sounded like this: "Oh, by the way, this dude is Collossal and I'm Armored...as you might've already guessed". Reiner's casual simplicity was so unexpected yet amusing while the rest of the group walked away...Hah!

Very meta, yet relevant to how important it was for Eren to actually hear the truth from the two themselves (after prior knowledge/suspicion they were tied to Annie's attack). To script it so everything plays nonchalantly yet dire at the same time, in contrast to the characters' plight and motives on both sides, is really captivating. This show never fails to entertain on a wholesale level.
      Last edited by Sensuifu; 05-07-2017, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Reiner just goes and spills the biggest plot reveals all in the most unassuming casual way possible. That was one the most hilariously unconventional huge reveals I think I've ever seen. And he's just going right off and telling the one person who is not only the most diametrically opposed to their apparent goals but was also the most willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as suspicions from others were mounting. All this while Berthold seems rightly in a "What the heck are you doing?" kind of mode. There seems to be a lot under the surface for Reiner, and I'm very curious to see what that is as it all comes bursting out (both literally and figuratively. Hah...) now.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
          Reiner just goes and spills the biggest plot reveals all in the most unassuming casual way possible. That was one the most hilariously unconventional huge reveals I think I've ever seen.
          I can't think of any other show that's had that kind of reveal either. I mean, I've seen a lot of pretty shocking revelations, but this has to be the most unique one. If I had to make a comparison in gauging how much emotional intensity it provided, it would probably rank just as high, perhaps even higher (in a good way that is) than the contrasting, complete annihilation/regression/reset of Machi's (Kumamiko) character. Both out of nowhere, one being praiseworthy; the other, full of damnation.

Comment

Episode 32

Getting up close and personal.

Now that everybody knows who Reiner and Bertholdt really are that a battle breaks out. Bertholdt eats Ymir, and he uses his steam to render the ODMs useless, while Eren and Reiner have an MMA battle seeing that Eriner's armor is too thick to defeat the old fashioned way. Just when it looked like Eren had the upper hand, in comes Bertholdt to turn the tables as their goal is to kidnap Eren. That was quite a fight there going to show that Eren will stop at nothing to rid the world of those titans.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
            Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
            Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 32

Reiner is already one of the strongest and most skilled fighters, and as a Titan, he's nearly impossible to lay a scratch on because of all that damn armor. If they didn't have Eren as a Titan who could control himself at this point, they wouldn't stand a fucking chance. Mikasa and Armin are as powerful and smart as ever, but Reiner may be as hard to fight as Bertholdt but, unlike Bertholdt, is actually fighting back, making him the biggest threat.

Speaking of that other guy, remember how the Colossal Titan was the most iconic and terrifying enemy in this entire series? Yeah, this CG puppet they replaced him with takes a lot of that feeling away. He looks like they plopped a video game model of him into this world.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 32

Hah! Hange's hard work and research finally pays off as she's rewarded with a titan acknowledging and obeying her order (even if it's really Eren).

I was waiting for something to happen between Reiner's legs, but alas, behind the knees sufficed. Then again, shows how consistent the writing is since they're supposedly immune to that kind of thing (lacking reproductive organs and all).

Looks like Mikasa conscientiously objecting to murder Reiner and Bertholdt shows she still has her human side, but soon realizes that's ultimately the wrong decision knowing humanity is now one step closer to death. Kind of eerie seeing that trauma in her eyes, though thankfully she's reminded Eren is one hope she can fall back on. Wondering how they'll manage to take down Reiner and Bertholdt, or even attempt to save them if they do succeed. Could be they just vanish again, like they did with their initial attack. Which is interesting in of itself since that introduces yet another mystery...can titans teleport? Seems like that was implied in S1, so I'm guessing that still holds true..wow..

And poor Conny, on vacation and missed out on the details... :D

Comment

Episode 33

They're at a loss.

After that epic battle, Eren gets kidnapped as Reiner regenerated himself while Bertholdt put the finishing moves on him. And then it goes into flashback mode when the main trio caused quite a lot of trouble in town as the scouting unit recovers from the battle. Pretty much, it was all about trying to get back up after suffering that debacle, and now they have reinforcements to go after Eren with Erwin leading the way as Hange's intuition has correctly located them.
                  Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 33

Very much an in-between episode, but it sets up some more exciting developments to come. The next episode may be nothing but the Titans of the 104th talking, but after several episodes of exhilarating action, I'm ready to spend some time delving into just what the hell is going on, at least with regards to these two iconic Titans.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter
                    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 33

Yeah, pretty much a filler episode flashbacking to their younger years...which isn't unexpected seeing how it sets us up for what lies ahead, especially now that Erwin's back in the picture. Looks like we'll get more comic relief as well since Jean is also makes his return.

Slightly ot, but I'm still amused over what influenced the writer to include the Giant Sequoia trees in a setting where they would normally be impossible to exist. They only thrive in the Sierra Nevada mountain range in California, so seeing them incorporated in the story seems interesting if only because the author wanted some other thing massive enough, if not a wall, to scale the titans against.

Comment

Episode 34

Neither warriors nor soldiers, but murderers.

So after Eren and Ymir got kidnapped Reiner and Bertholdt, they are stranded on the top of a tree surrounded by titans on the ground waiting until night. It's pretty much all talk here as what Reiner does is contradictory leading Ymir to believe that there are two sides that are at conflict. Those two destroyed the wall as warriors, yet protected them as soldiers and Eren just isn't convinced that they are on humanity's side. And then there's the sensitive subject of Christa as well. Eren is so pissed at what has happened now that he's about to lose it, but he can't transform into a titan, all while the soldiers are out to rescue him. Interesting to see how all this plays out.

Comment

Re: Episode 34

This episode ended up adding more questions than answers, but the one big answer it did provide is one I've been needing since I started suspecting Reiner and especially since the reveal came. It does in fact make sense that we've been seeing into his mind and he hasn't let on his secret, because he didn't know about it himself at the time.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 34

It's interesting to see the composure between Reiner and Bertholdt, with Reiner's trauma causing psychological inbalance despite experiencing the same situations as Bertholdt. Curious to why Bertholdt isn't as affected, or at least, better retains his memories than Reiner, who's obviously split when his traumatic episode subsides.

The writing is pretty interesting here, with Reiner educating Eren that whatever attempts at attacking both him and Bertholdt and escaping with Ymir, is futile. Makes sense if he's talking through his 'soldier' perspective and not as the warrior identity, (and benefits both parties, since all of them would be at a disadvantage if Eren Leeroy Jenkins'ed his escape). Otherwise, Reiner wouldn't have casually divulged that strategy and could've easily pushed off both Ymir and Eren to their deaths. Instead, this warning only reinforces that Eren needs to survive, seeing he is taken hostage for some unknown reason. I'm wondering if Ymir also knows the truth but refuses to answer Eren, and for what reason if she really is holding a grudge against him..

Comment

Episode 35

Very interesting... learning quite a bit about Ymir and the Titans in general here. I really hope this season reaches a good point before it gets cut short.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 35

It's all for her sake.

This episode is all about Ymir here, and seeing that Christa is her reason for living that it's only natural that she wants to bring Christa with her. So Ymir lived a life of a lie before meeting Christa and from there, she had been living an honest life. Ymir did lots of bad things like eating one of those guys as well as stealing and lying about her identity. Now that Christa has been captured that everybody is getting away, but the rescue team is in pursuit. Things are really out of hand now that Ymir decides to run away with Reiner and Bertholdt.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X