X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2017] Attack on Titan Season 2 Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    進撃の巨人 Season 2

Eren's quest to eradicate the titans that have been making humanity their dinner continues.

Airs: Saturday, April 1

Studio: Wit

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll / Funimation

Eren Jaeger swore to wipe out every last Titan, but in a battle for his life he wound up becoming the thing he hates most. With his new powers, he fights for humanity’s freedom facing the monsters that threaten his home. After a bittersweet victory against the Female Titan, Eren finds no time to rest—a horde of Titans is approaching Wall Rose and the battle for humanity continues!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 26

The walls are alive.

Last season ended with a titan appearing outside Wall Sina, and as it turns out the walls are made of titans and that guy is one of them. In the meantime, Wall Rose has fallen and the unarmed Survey Corps need to escape as a group of titans are targeting them. They are led by the beast titan who can talk and he attacks animals in addition to humans as that titan is there to take a soldier's maneuver gear before leaving him to become titan chow. It's great to be back, though I'm bummed that this is only going to be one cour seeing that a two cour season would mean adapting the Clash on Titan and the Uprising arcs with the end of the Uprising arc being the perfect stopping point.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 26

Well, hello there. Long time, no see.

Didn't realize it's been that long, but good to have this series back. The action is just as over-the-top as before, but the titans' designs are more hilarious this time around.
      I'm pretty sure they're modeled after some notable people, but again, the level of animation/detail is truly mind-numbing for a TV series. Good job WIT.

Looking forward to learning more about our favorite potato girl's past, as well as everything else left unanswered or newly unfolding- Wall Titan, Beast Titan, Annie....

Music is still top notch, and that ED song..creepily fantastic in matching with the equally disturbing visuals. A nice way to start on April Fools with the comical mix of titan parkour, intellectual primate titan, creeper-titan, et al. Definitely looking to deliver yet again with the high production values and engaging story.

Comment

Re: Episode 26

After four years, we're finally back. For only one cour...

Well better late than never, and better this than nothing. As expected, everything is as great as ever, just now with Wit completely on top on their game and not requiring any help from I.G.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 27

Just keep on running.

Sasha returns home only to find it abandoned with two people left in the village, a mother who stayed behind to get eaten by an abnormal titan, and a girl who runs away with Sasha reluctantly for some reason. Despite not being with her usual weaponry, she manages to stall the titan long enough thanks to some quick thinking by taking out the eyes. And while that is happening, Conny's village is decimated, and a titan is just laying at his house. Pretty nice to see Sasha get some attention here and while it wasn't a happy homecoming, she does meet up with her father again. Now there are questions about what exactly went on in Conny's village after what he saw.

Comment

Re: Episode 27

Of course even Sasha's backstory is filled with her stealing food. That girl has more of an appetite than a Titan. Some of the translation choices for that accent seemed a bit over the top. We'll see how the dub handles it. But once she returns to her village in the present, there's no laughing to be had. The scene she stumbles upon is utterly disturbing. I feel like that Titan's scale wasn't consistent between his time chowing down on the poor little traumatized girl's still very conscious mother in front of her and when Sasha was facing off against him with her arrows. Overall, the confrontation didn't feel as exciting as it could've, but that final strike with the direct hit of the arrow rather than risking its range was climactic enough.

At least she finds her father. Conny may not be so lucky...
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 27

Nice episode showing why Sasha continues to be awesome
              Curious as to why we're seeing more people turning into titans. Apparently these are coming from within the walls, giving the illusion they've been breached, and evident at the girl's house (I'm assuming that titan was her dad- reason why the lady seemed accepting of the situation and why the girl just watched) and at Connie's house (same eyes? his mom/sister/relative?..)

Comment

Episode 28

Poor Sasha. :D Cute seeing her go unnoticed when everyone was caught up in identifying Christa. It's only when Eren accidentally bumps into her they finally realized she was there. Nice to see Hange rightfully rewarding our favorite potato girl with the simple joys of life. :D

A lot more intrigue now seeing how Christa has a bigger role than I never expected. But that wasn't the only anomaly- Ymir's creepy expression (and Reiner's reaction to her) as the titans began attacking the castle ruins was a mystery as well. Really curious to know who these people really are and whether they've had connections with the Wall Church in the past. Looks like we'll be seeing a bit of Reiner's past next episode, which may just answer a suspicion I had in the first season.

Comment

Re: Episode 28

The mysteries are starting to unravel! There's something big going on with Christa, Ymir, and probably Reiner. We might find out somewhat about Reiner next time. Even outside of that, though, they have the most terrifying Titan of the season to worry about right now!
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 28

Everything they knew about titans is wrong.

Lots of suspicious things are going on with the titans that just doesn't add up. First, there's Connie's village being decimated without any bloodshed, then there's reportedly a breach in the southern wall that is nowhere to be found, and lastly there are titans attacking at night when it is believed that they only attack during the day. Just when they had the titans all figured out, there are a lot more anomalies. It will be interesting what the answers to these questions are as there's definitely something going on.

Comment

Episode 29

Live a life you're proud of.

The titans have broken through into the tower, and Reiner holds off the titans. But with the tower about to collapse and the soldiers dropping like flies that everybody is in a desperate situation. So Ymir decides to use her trump card as she reveals that she is a titan to fight back. Things just got ever so intense there with everybody's backs against the wall. Next time, the history between Christa and Ymir is revealed as having read ahead in the manga, Christa is going to be a very important character moving forward, as much as Eren and the others are in the first season.

Comment

Episode 30

The secrets are out.

As Christa promised, when Ymir reveals her secret that she's a titan, she reveals her's that her real name is Historia. Pretty interesting backstory there between those two seeing that Historia is much more than she looks. So thanks to Ymir, everybody got to safety, but Ymir herself is under attack and would have been dead meat had Eren and company not arrived when they did. Now that everybody is out of a jam and they learn that here wasn't any breach that now things are about to get even more hectic really quickly.

Comment

Re: Episode 30

A lot of uncertainties still unexplained, notably with Ymir's connection to Christa. Curious to know the real reason why Ymir decided to keep so closely-knitted to Christa despite knowing about her dilemma with the hidden identity. She could've left Christa alone to live her own life, but why did she avoid answering Christa's inquiries, hinting that they had similar backgrounds? Seems suspicious and almost sounds like Ymir was implying that Christa is also a titan-shifter.

Pretty intense episode, though a bit touching seeing Ymir end up like that (wow, need to hand it to Wit Studio for the impressive CG on Christa's crying face), despite being a jerk for most of her scenes before all this.

Comment

Re: Episode 30

Ah, we never get nearly as many revelations as the previews imply. They're really letting them out of the gate slowly. Still super exciting every time. Glad to see everyone back together.
                            My Top Anime | Manga
                            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                            My FP Reviews | Twitter
                            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 31

There are more titans among them.

After Ymir and Historia reveal their secrets, now Reiner and Bertholdt are revealing their's, and Eren and company are in for quite a shock. Reiner is the armored titan and Bertholdt is the colossal titan that started this mess five years ago. Seeing that there had been much more to the titans than meets the eye that I figured something like this was going to get out at some point, and that sets the stage for a clash of titans. Those two won't ever be looked at the same again after those big reveals.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X