X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2018] The Seven Heavenly Virtues Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    七つの美徳

A short from the same franchise as the Seven Mortal Sins. This time, the seven chicks come from heaven and are out to lead humanity in the right direction and fix all the wrongdoings of the seven from hell.

Airs: Friday, January 26, 2018

Studio: Bridge

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    HIDIVE

The Seven Heavenly Virtues have descended to Earth, and the Angel of Faith already found her Messiah. He goes with her willingly, but will he willingly fight the Devil?

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

So it begins with Michael having chosen her Messiah is come ordinary Japanese boy, and she trained him until he was worn out, and then some, to lead humanity in the right direction. Yeah, not exactly the best choice of guys to turn to for that purpose. As it turns out that this is a short, so at the very least it isn't nearly as painful to sit through as Seven Mortal Sins is, but still it definitely is that gimmicky show meant to market its line of merchandise that I was expecting it to be. I'll give it one more episode given its late start, but at least being a short gives it a fighting chance of making the cut.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Well that was as bad as I expected, but at least it only killed my brain cells for five minutes and confirmed that I can drop my HIDIVE account again.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

So now, Uriel is up and she's training her Messiah by spying on him from the shadows. She has chosen a struggling salaryman, and he's just not fit for the job. Her presence isn't making matters any better as she's just being a nuisance for that poor dude. Once again, that was pretty bad, and at least I could withstand it because it's only five minutes long, but this continues to just be tough to watch much like with Seven Mortal Sins.

So with that, no more of this show. As much as I could keep going, it's still five minutes too long for me, so it's out.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Not even any censored nudity (though possibly the ED), to make it worthwhile. Here they went with the patience theme, riffing on her needing to be patient about going to the toilet (turns out it was because she didn't know where it was). Mildly amusing. I could really only watch the first (censored) episode of 7MS because it was so heavily censored (not that I had or have any great...make that positive...hopes about an uncensored version). I did find these first two episodes to be more bearable than 7SM...which isn't saying a whole lot.
          My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
          1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
          2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
          3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X