X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2018] Killing Bites Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    キリングバイツ

A show about genetically-engineered humans who can transform into beasts. These hybrids battle each other as a form of entertainment for big businesses.

Airs: Friday, January 12, 2018

Studio: Liden Films

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Amazon

People have been created that are human-animal hybrids, and powerful businesses bet on the outcome of their duels. College student Nomoto Yuuya's casual acquaintances ask him to drive them around to pick up girls one day, which he soon finds out means by force. The girl they kidnap is an animal-human hybrid named Hitomi, who slaughters all of them except Yuuya. Hitomi is a honey badger, which has been called the most fearless of all animals. Now Hitomi is assigned to stay with Yuuya, for his protection!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Hitomi Uzaki from a whole pack of badgers.

So it begins with Yuya taking a job from a bunch of kidnappers, and those guys got slaughtered not knowing that Hitomi is actually one of those beast guys in the form of a badger. Hitomi sure did show that lion dude not to mess with her, and then some. And then Yuya gets dragged into the whole shady business of these guys in beast mode battling it out, and then gets attacked by another one of those monsters at the end. Well, that was full of gimmicky stuff as it has action, fanservice, and a lot of other stylish stuff, while having just about nothing in the substance department. So yeah, it was just as I was expecting it to be as it's all about these girls going beast mode, and not much else outside of it.

With that, I'll keep going with my usual trial process, but at the moment this one is on the outside looking in.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

On the fast track.

So Hitomi faces off against that porcupine and she didn't stand a chance, especially with a burly guy coming in to take her out without transforming. And then the cheetah Eruza comes in and steals Hitomi's panties and using her speed to get away leading to a fight, but of course with a tournament coming that they can't go off killing each other. That was pretty much what I was expecting to see out of this as it continues to be generic and filled with action and fanservice, and not really doing much for me.

I'll give it one more episode, but but it doesn't look like it has enough bite to stay on the watchlist.

Comment

Episode 2

Yet another anime with an over the top premise. It's quite ridiculous and nothing we haven't seen before. But what can I say? I am quite enjoying it. So far there seem to be several guilty pleasure shows this season, but this and FrankXX top the list for me.

Avatar: Tanya Degurechaff from Saga of Tanya the Evil

Comment

Episode 3

She mustn't run away.

Good grief, Nomoto. He's just a wimp that I can't stand there not knowing when to back off knowing full well that Hitomi is currently commando, as well as not getting involved with the Destroyal. But he still insists that in go through with this fighting tournament even though he isn't the kind of person who could do anything in this tournament. And on top of that, he needs to find one more teammate, and it happens to come in the form of a rabbit who is only good at running and hiding. Ui sure is a coward, but being a part of the team, her running might prove to be useful. That was just painful to watch things go down the way they did.

So with that, this show clearly doesn't have the bite that's needed for my watchlist, so time to kill it.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X