X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2018] Hakyu Hoshin Engi Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    覇穹 封神演義

A remake of Soul Hunter about a young boy who is out to hunt demons having been trained by one himself.

Airs: Friday, January 11, 2018

Studio: C-Station

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

When his clan is wiped out by a beautiful demon, young Taikobo finds himself in charge of the mysterious Houshin Project. Its mission: find all immortals living in the human world and seal them away forever. But who do you trust?and whose side are you really on?when you've been trained to hunt demons by a demon?

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

He needs allies.

That was an interesting start there with Taikobo out to make a difference in the world. But just he and Supu aren't going to do it alone, and he gets a lesson in that when he sees so many people getting slaughtered by Dakki, who has the power to charm others and control them, and a pit of hungry reptiles awaits those who were unfortunate to cross her. They managed to make it out thanks to a couple of rivals there, and that ought to serve a lesson in humility. Well, I didn't watch the original Soul Hunter series, but so far things are looking promising here, from the catchy opening to the sense of adventure, and the fact that Taikobo has a long road ahead.

So with that, trial rules apply. I have become quite interested in this show, so for now I'm watching on.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas! Instantly recognizable, even without any screaming.

Pretty standard shounen fare as expected, but decent enough to stick with it for the time being. We'll see where it goes.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Honor thy parents.

Taikobo gains an ally in Nataku, an artificial human who died and was reborn to take out his vengeance against his father Li Sei. But her mother is determined to protect him, as is Taikobo. After convincing him about what his true feelings are, he calls off his revenge and decides to train to become Taikobo's right hand man. That was a quick turnaround there, and in typical shonen style, Nataku joins the party.

So with that, I'll give it another episode, but it doesn't look like the show will stay. My interest level coming in was pretty low, and while I liked some parts of it, it has a tall mountain to climb (and one that can't be done riding on that flying hippo) if it were going to make the cut.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Man, I don't know how I got through an episode of this and thought it was worth checking out more. This show is garbage. Probably the worst of the season for things that seem like they should have a chance at actually being good. A damn shame.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...