X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2018] How to Keep a Mummy Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ミイラの飼い方

A comedy about a high school student who is suddenly tasked with taking care of a tiny mummy his father sent home from Egypt.

Airs: Thursday, January 11, 2018

Studio: 8-Bit

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

When high school student Sora Kashiwagi finds himself staring down a mysterious oversized package sent to him by his self-proclaimed "adventurer" father, the last thing he expects is for it to be opened from the inside... by a little mummy so small it can fit in the palm of his hand!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Treat it like a pet.

Sora's father sure is a crazy guy there sending his son all sorts of weird things, and he just sent him the weirdest one of all in that tiny mummy. Pretty funny seeing Sora trying to figure out how to take care of Mii-kun seeing that nobody sane person has that for a pet. And while he could turn Mii-kun into BB-8 with a bath, that's just not healthy for him. The comedy is pretty decent here, but in other places it just falls flat while there are stretches of dull stuff that was quite boring to sit through.

So with that, usual trial rules apply and I'll keep going, but so far it hasn't really done anything to stand out.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

That is an impossibly adorable "mummy" that makes no sense in so many ways that it's obvious you're not supposed to think about any of it. And that's fine; this is all very cute and funny, so I have no problem with continuing to watch it for the time being. Maybe it won't amount to much, but it seems like an enjoyable viewing experience at the very least.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

The mummy comes to school.

Seeing that Mii-kun couldn't survive being home alone while Sora was at school that he had to come. While Tazuki is keeping things under wraps, in comes Motegi having spotted him and wanting to take him home. Good idea: making a plush of him so that she believes that the doll is a plush. Bad idea: putting the real Mii-kun out there. And by chance, the real one is taken. Pretty funny seeing it being chased out of the vents by a rat, but in the end the secret is kept under wraps. Speaking of which, Tazuki is curious as to what's under those bandages, but that's something that is for nobody to know about.

Well, this has been pretty funny, but I can't see much upwards mobility with a show like this. In any case, its trial continues before I decide whether to wrap it up or toss it out.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Okay, this is really going nowhere, and is just getting more and more boring as it goes on. I can't see myself getting anything out of this at any point. I'll have to call it quits for this one.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 3

In sickness or in health.

Kaede comes out of her room at long last, and she's having quite a fun time with Mii-kun. Sora sure is surrounded by a bunch of weird things there, and her aunt just adds to it all seeing that she's putting on the gas mask to enter Sora's room while he's sick. Next time, another tiny animal comes into Sora's life.

So while that was a better episode than last time, I pretty much had decided to write off this show seeing that it's one of those where it's funny the first time, but not so much moving forward with it. So that's a wrap for this show.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X