X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2018] Sanrio Boys Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    サンリオ男子

A show about a high school boys who love Hello Kitty and the Sanrio line of animal mascots. While intended for girls, there's nothing wrong with boys liking them.

Airs: Saturday, January 6, 2018

Studio: Pierrot Plus

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

The project's premise follows Kouta Hasegawa, a high school boy that loves the yellow Pom Pom Purin dog. By mere coincidence, he ends up attending the same school as Yuu Mizuno, a boy who likes the bunny My Melody. Yuu tells Kouta that there's nothing to be ashamed of for liking Sanrio's cute characters. Together, Kouta, Yuu, Shunsuke Yoshino, Ryou Nishimiya, and Seiichirou Minamoto learn to accept their love of the characters instead of feeling embarrassed.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Who said boys couldn't like girly stuff?

And so it begins with a stage play, as a sign of things to come, but before that, those boys met through their love of Sanrio stuff and more specifically, Pompompurin, who he got from his grandma. And he got bullied for loving such a girly thing and because of that he never saw grandma again. Hase sure is such a wuss there never seeing somebody special in his life again over a plushie. Well, it's pretty much what I have come to expect for a show like this, all about pretty boys getting into girly stuff, which throws together fujoshi bait along with girls toys to create what should in theory be the ultimate experience for fangirls, as well as an advertisement for Sanrio merchandise. But for me, nothing doing.

So I'll give it another episode per my usual trial policy, but it's pretty unlikely I'll continue on with this.
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

What sells cute mascots like hot dudes loving them and bonding over their love of them? Ah, Sanrio, you have no limit.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Don't throw it away.

Kouta meets more friends who are into the Sanrio stuff. And then he totally falls into despair when his Purin is accidentally tossed into the recycling pile as somehow it ended up in the trash and his mother saw that as not wanting it anymore not realizing the sentimental value. But his friends are there and he goes to get it back. So crisis averted, but a new one has arrived in the form of the sister who doesn't approve of the hobby. Yep, that was some more stuff to advertise Sanrio, while feeding the need of fangirls.

I wasn't planning to stay for long with this show given my low interest level, and as I thought, nothing doing. So drop zone it goes.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X