X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2018] Junji Ito Collection Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    伊藤潤二「コレクション」

A horror series that features stories written by the famed horror mangaka Junji Ito. Definitely not for the faint of heart.

Airs: Friday, January 5, 2018

Studio: Deen

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

A collection of animated horror stories based on the works of Japanese artist Junji Ito.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
    Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Caught in a web of pranks.

So this horror story begins with Souichi playing pranks on others, and has some sort of fascination with spiders seeing that he tries to scare Sayuri with one, but Souichi himself is afraid of them while is father is not. And then inflicting that curse on one of his classmates making him believe that a spider attacked him when in fact it's just somebody attacking him with toilet paper, now that's scary. Deen is definitely the right studio for this show as they are great at adapting horror anime. Even though it wasn't anything special, at least it held my interest.

I'll give it another episode, but chances are pretty slim I'll continue to watch as horror just isn't my cup of tea. Still, I found myself more into this show than I was expecting.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
    Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Think there's even a single Ito fan who watched this and thought, "Yep, this is exactly what I wanted"? I highly doubt it. I really don't know who they expect to enjoy this in any way.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...