X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last anime you watched in 2017, first anime you watched 2018

Widgets Magazine
    Happy new year, everybody.

A Fandom Post tradition at the start of the new year.

What was the last anime you watched in 2017, and the first anime you watched in 2018?

Last one watched for 2017: First episode of Battle Angel just before midnight.

First one watched for 2018: First episode of Amazing Nurse Nanako a couple of hours ago (Thought I'd end the old year & begin the new year with titles that I hadn't watched in a long time).

BTW, Happy New Year everyone!
    Last edited by Jimmie M; 01-01-2018, 12:46 PM.
    Avatar: The Atlanta Falcons (NFL-NFC South)
    FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
    Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

2017 ended with Pokemon Sun and Moon ep. 35. It looked like I was going to end it with One Piece ep. 516, which is a perfect place to leave off as the time skip happens afterwards. As for the first of 2018, it's My Love Story!! ep. 18, the New Year's episode that I watched for the past three New Year's Days. And then from there it's the start of my annual winter bingefest that begins with Gatchaman Crowds Insight.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
      Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

As usual, I don't have any special anime viewing at the new year, so it's just whatever happens to be up in my rotation. This year it was:

Last of 2017: Brynhildr in the Darkness OVA - A harem fluff sidestory which added nothing to the plot or characters, but was just a comedic (and fanservice-laden) diversion.

First of 2018 will be: Magic Knight Rayearth episode 41 in my series rewatch, now on blu-ray. The fate of Cephiro hangs in the balance!
        Matsuri intently studies! || my avatar library
        ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon S; Ronja, The Robber's Daughter
        ~ Last Watched: KanColle; When Marnie Was There; The Tale of the Princess Kaguya; The Wind Rises; From Up on Poppy Hill; Wandaba Style
        homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

I rang out the old year by finishing the latest Love Live Sunshine series, and rang in the new by opening up a movie that just happens to be fifty years old this year and watching Discotek's Blu-Ray of Horus: Prince of the Sun. It first came to my attention when Mike Toole put it at the top of his list of "The Other 100 Best Anime Movies of All Time," and it was pretty interesting to watch.

Comment

Closed out 2017 showing FLAG on DVD on my big theater screen to my next door neighbors, we finished off the last 6 episodes Wednesday evening. An awesome anime series. The first anime I happened to watch in 2018 was finishing Kino's Journey: A Beautiful World Eps 10-12 this morning on CrunchyRoll, while eating breakfast.

Comment

Finished Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season on Saturday. Not sure what my first anime of the year will end up being. With the way things are going, maybe nothing until the first Winter 2018 shows.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...