X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2017] My Girlfriend is Shobitch Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    僕の彼女がマジメ過ぎるしょびっちな件

A show about a guy who is in love with the class rep, but it turns out that she is extremely tough to deal with.

Airs: Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Studio: Diomedea

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Amazon

After Shinozaki Haruka confesses to the Class Rep, Kousaka Akiho, he comes to find that the perfect class representative might be a little bit harder to handle than he previously thought!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Chise Hatori, The Ancient Magus' Bride
    Currently Watching: Fate/Apocrypha, Ajin, ID-0, Overlord, JBA-SC, OPC, DBZ-K, HXH, NAR-S
    Simulcasts: ALT, WBM, SOM-3, YYY-2, B3B-2, UMR-2, 3GL-2, KBW-2, AMB, UQH, IYK, GLT, BLS, KHK, AGT, NJU, CRZ, JBC, IDM-CGT, OSF, OYP
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Be careful who you fall in love with.

Haru sure is in for a surprise when he realizes that Aki is quite a pervert herself. Just when he thought he had found the perfect girlfriend, things get crazy from him, especially when his childhood friend is pushing him around. And of course, there are all those no-pan nonsense and stuff seeing that the promo poster had Aki going commando. Anyway, this show is pretty much what I was expecting, a guilty pleasure that's nothing more than that. It's funny at times, but nauseating at others to think that it will amount to anything substantial.

So with that, I'll give it another episode or two before deciding what to do with it. I intend to watch only one Wednesday show this season between this, Urahara, and Konohana Kitan. But in any case, I'll consider it if it turns out to be more than just a guilty pleasure, which knowing Diomedea's track record is probably not going to be that.
    Currently Watching: Fate/Apocrypha, Ajin, ID-0, Overlord, JBA-SC, OPC, DBZ-K, HXH, NAR-S
    Simulcasts: ALT, WBM, SOM-3, YYY-2, B3B-2, UMR-2, 3GL-2, KBW-2, AMB, UQH, IYK, GLT, BLS, KHK, AGT, NJU, CRZ, JBC, IDM-CGT, OSF, OYP
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Akiho is so full of ecchi weirdness, but she's rather charmingly sincere about it. This actually gets to feeling very heartwarming in places. Think I'm enjoying it a decent bit so far, so hopefully it can keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post

Akiho is so full of ecchi weirdness, but she's rather charmingly sincere about it. This actually gets to feeling very heartwarming in places. Think I'm enjoying it a decent bit so far, so hopefully it can keep it up.
        Quite so. If it shows how the characters and their relationships evolve and grow over time, and not just be a awkward/funny/weird situation of the week, the show can be entertaining. It appeals to me as a sort of/vague reverse of Hajimete no Gal. The latter I enjoyed because the MC did grow and mature over the course of the show. If that happens here, then I'll enjoy it too. I'll definitely keep watching.
        Avatar: Tanya Degurechaff from Saga of Tanya the Evil

Comment

Better than I expected, but a string of sex jokes only has so much staying power regardless. I'll give it a drop, but a less violent one than I expected to.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection
          My FP Reviews
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Well, that was something. Akiho definitely has sex on the brain. Her overactive mind contrasts with her stoic personality. Also, the screen transitions are...uh...interesting.

Comment

Re: Title

Haven't seen this yet, but just some FYI for those who don't know...

The translated title works out to "My Girlfriend is a Virgin Bitch". Where this gets interesting is the following information:

"Bitch" as used in Japan when talking about a human female, does NOT mean the same thing as when talking in English about a human female.

"Bitch" in Japan. It means someone who is sexually promiscuous, sexually active. Slut or slutty is a word often deemed accurate for this kind of case. Language being language, the meaning can have different connotations, since a virgin can't really be a slut. So if translated to "My Girlfriend is a Virgin Slut/My Girlfriend is a Slutty Virgin", it means "My Girlfriend is a Virgin who is very Interested in Sexual Things". I like that the title conveys a lot of different levels of meaning, as virgin conveys a certain level of both innocence and ignorance, which I understand come into play in this series. I really need to watch this.
              My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
              1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
              2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
              3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Episode 2

Cooking is sexy.

Here comes Kanata and she's quite a handful to deal with on top of Akiho being the slut that she is. And then things get out of whack during the trash pick-up event as while Haruka is serious about cleaning up the place, Akiho and Kanata are playing around using those brooms to play as magical girls. Then the girls engage in cooking, and Akiho is not exactly seeing things for what they are. Then it ends with walking under the umbrella on a rainy day after Akiho had previously said no to it. Once again, those girls are trying to create sexual situations out of everything.

So with that, I guess I'll give it one more episode since I'm giving most shows three episodes to prove their worth, but at this point it's going to lose out as the one and only Wednesday show of the season.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Hah, I love how we can tell the homemade bentou of Akiho's is bad before she even opens it, with it speaking in a demonic voice. Turns out the evil she has wrought is even greater than expected... it's Kyubey! (thinking of who Akiho's VA is, that's a fitting joke).

Kanata is kind of annoying so far. The oneechan osananajimi is much more preferable among the non-girlfriend companions than the imouto. She continues to be so much fun... best of all when she tries to phrase things to create the illusion of yuri. Illusion or not, Shizuku and Akiho are getting along rather cutely. It's sweet how Akiho gets her to helping out on her bentou skills.

Comment

Episode 3

Meet the parents.

Haruka meets Akiho's parents Fuyumi and Natsuo (and hence, completing the season-themed names), and they are just as quirky as Akiho is. Of course, Akiho continues to study up by using a romantic movie to determine what needs to be done on her next date, and that's just not the standard of dating. Then it ends with the two having a picnic to see the cherry blossoms, but they were a bit too late as most of them have been blown away. Things just keep on getting more bizarre here as if Akiho wasn't enough of a handful to deal with, her parents only add to it.

With that, I think that will be it for this show. It's a nice guilty pleasure, but it will be nothing more than that. So that means Konohana Kitan will be my only Wednesday show of this season.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Haha, absolutely hilarious how Akiho's mom is just like her. Yeah, it seems completely all on her, in both genetics and upbringing, how Akiho got to be like this, and despite dad's constant best efforts to steer things in a more wholesome direction with his family. Heh, while dad does the typical thing of worrying about his daughter at first, it seems he ultimately worries for the boyfriend with how much they have in common with reacting to the eccentricity. Parents have a nice relationship, though, and it's sweet that Fuyumi ultimately had that in mind with the way she wanted Akiho to grow up.

Akiho is still very self-conscious over her supposed missteps as she starts to go out on dates with Shinozaki. She was cutely into her "research", but got to thinking she had left Shinozaki out in the process. And nature kind of messes around with the next romantic outing that Shinozaki had planned, and Akiho had made herself sick in anticipation. Nice there's another heart-warming end with how she takes Shinozaki's promise to do it next year. Akiho is so insecure that it still feels like we have further to go in that regard.

Comment

Episode 4

It seems like pretty much any major female character in this series is the type to advance perverted misunderstandings. Shinozaki's work with the comebacks just keeps increasing. Though they all come at it from a different direction, Rina from the clueless-of-commoners ojousama angle. Amusing that part of it is how deeply the female-female bonds had gotten developed at our old school, and her not knowing how to approach male classmates. Amidst the string of quick jokes the series continues to be focused on, it is again heartwarming to see gets into the circle due to Akiho approaching her despite her eccentricities (well, with Akiho, because of it, really. Heh). I think I continue to have a bit of a soft spot for Shizuku.

Looks like another new girl we get happens to be a friend of Kanata. Was interesting getting that duo, and it's a bit more endearing than Kanata's brocon antics. Heh, and Fuyumi is at it again too, with all of the zoo material at her disposal. Akiho's parents are a fun bunch. Funny where bumping into daughter and boyfriend at the end leads them... They joke about love hotel visits every next-ep preview segment, but I think this is the first time where they actually end up in front of one in the "main show".

Comment

Episode 5

Akiho and Rina really do make the best pair as far as quirkily making everything suggestive. I love how Haruka is so used to all this that at one point he anticipates a sexual meaning from Rina talking about her new smartphone even when she wasn't. But just as he drops his guard, she does. Haha... I like how the yuri jokes with Rina can be rather subtle, and that there still are such jokes even beyond her initial background introduction.

Unsurprising to see that Igarashi is a student council pres and seemingly our first major female tsukkomi of the series. And like all of them so far, she gets to be rather hopelessly outnumbered. Akiho is not the only class rep on the council who keeps things from moving in the serious direction Igarashi wants. Everyone seems to join in with Akiho.

Kanata's friend Misaki looks to be the ultimate airhead of the episode. Her misunderstanding with the condoms went so long that it got to quite an embarrassing end.

Comment

Episode 6

Heh, Shinozaki is so quick to retort to all of the sexually suggestive jokes from the usual girls, but when it comes to Hoshikawa who seems to lay it on the thickest of all, it ends up all going innocently over his head. Akiho of course gets it and this has her in quite the shaky state wondering her boyfriend is already getting seduced by and going at it with a pretty boy. I do like how the comic misunderstandings of Shinozaki's baseball practice, rather than continuing to be dragged out too far, does eventually give way to Akiho getting to know Shinozaki's true feelings behind it.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X