X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2017] Inuyashiki Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    いぬやしき

A show about an old man who has fallen out of favor of his family on the verge of death. But by chance, he turns into a cyborg and decides to become a hero instead with his new lease on life.

Airs: Thursaday, October 12, 2017

Studio: Mappa

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Amazon

Inuyashiki Ichirou is down on his luck. While only 58 years old, his geriatric looks often have him written off as a pathetic old man by the world around him and he's constantly ignored and disrespected by his family despite all that he's done to support them. On top of everything else, his doctor has revealed that he has cancer and it appears that he has little time left in this world. But just when it seems things couldn't get any worse, a blinding light in the night sky strikes the earth where Ichirou stands. He later wakes up to find himself unscathed, but he soon starts to notice that there's something... different about himself. However, it turns out that these strange, new changes are just what Ichirou needs to take a new lease on life and now it seems like there's nothing to stop him from being a hero worthy of the respect that he never had before... unless, that is, there was someone else out there with these same changes...

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Chise, Princess Principal
    Currently Watching: HOTD, Blood-C, M3, Wixoss, Flying Witch, JBA-SC, OPC, DBZ-K, HXH, NAR-S
    Simulcasts: ALT, WBM, SOM-3, YYY-2, BLF-2, UMR-2, 3GL-2, KBW-2, AMB, UQH, IDM-CGT, OSF
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Make a machine out of this man.

Ichiro sure is such a sad sight to see, and while he's not dead yet, in three months he is. At least until he gets struck by meteors and now has died and been reborn as a cyborg with all sorts of powers there. He sure showed those bullies who tried to burn that homeless man with fireworks that no evil deed goes unpunished. Pretty solid start here as Mappa comes through again with some great visuals. The story was a bit sloppy, but it still works.

So with that, the usual trial rules apply. But so far, it has made a favorable impression, so it's on solid ground at this point.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Chise, Princess Principal
    Currently Watching: HOTD, Blood-C, M3, Wixoss, Flying Witch, JBA-SC, OPC, DBZ-K, HXH, NAR-S
    Simulcasts: ALT, WBM, SOM-3, YYY-2, BLF-2, UMR-2, 3GL-2, KBW-2, AMB, UQH, IDM-CGT, OSF
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

That was actually quite good. I don't know how much confidence I should have from the Gantz guy, but this was a very promising start, and MAPPA is killing it so far. I'm surprised by how okay I am with all the CG; they manage to handle it well.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection
      My FP Reviews
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine