X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2017] Evil or Live Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    イービルオアライブ

A show about teens with internet addictions being thrown into a rehab center that is really just a prison.

Airs: Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Studio: Emon

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

In this modern society, a new kind of ?illness? is striking young boys and girls. Loneliness, disbelief and outrage are pushing this generation to become more and more attached to the Internet and technology. Experts call this symptom ?Net Addiction?. To prevent this, a Rehabilitation Facility has been set up to ?Lead the young generation back onto the right path.? Enrolled to treat his addiction, Hibiki has no idea that this Rehabilitation Facility is nothing more than a prison. In this place escape is not permitted, how will Hibiki challenge despair in this hell?

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Nothing but trash that needs to be thrown out.

So this show is about throwing kids into a prison environment if they get too attached to the internet. Hibiki is one such guy, and his mother is the one who made the request to have him live in this hellhole. He forms a pact with Shin to become his servant, and one of his friends from middle school in Shiori somehow ended up there even though she's an honors student. And of course, this place is just brutal.

Anyway, seeing that this is a Haoliners show that I was expecting it to be bad, and indeed it is with crappy animation quality, bland characters, and all the other things that they are infamous for. At least the story concept has some intrigue, especially with Shiori's story as to how somebody like her ended up in this place, so I'll give it another episode or two. But unless it goes far and beyond the product Haoliners typically puts out, it's as good as dropped.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

This is like if you took everything bad about Deadman Wonderland and nothing good about it, amplified all that bad to be much worse, and then filled an entire series with it. And with particularly abysmal animation, no less. I guess some people must like having no decent characters whatsoever and just seeing everyone get the shit beat out of them constantly, but I am certainly not one of those people.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Hold the phone.

I was expecting to get Shiori's backstory, but instead I got Jun's as she's here because she was conned by a supposed hot shot, and in turn, she ended up conning others. She managed to sneak a phone into the place, but Wudo found out about it, and while it was his duty to search her, he went too far with it. And then Shiori just adds fuel to the fire telling Jun that she could train to use that box cutter to kill herself. That was poorly paced as it doesn't do much to build off the first episode, all while there's a bunch of half-assing there. Sheesh!

So with that, I know for sure that this show is headed for the drop zone. I might give it one more, but that was just too painful to get through with the characters doing nothing good.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X