Two Car Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 4

Ouch. Team Alsvid is pretty messed up. Interesting how masochist Nagisa fantasizes a role-reversal over Izumi, the hardcore sadist. Curious if Izumi really did know what Nagisa's thoughts were, though I'm guessing not, since she shows little to no mercy for Nagisa's welfare. Loved how all the other teams were getting on Nagisa's case about their 'spousal abuse'. As far as I'm concerned, everyone is pretty normal, even the lovebird pair (Mao and Hitomi), except for Nagisa and Izumi, whom are really two mentally disturbed people comprised of an abuser and pitiful masochist possibly with Stockholm syndrome.

Megumi and Yuri quarreling over pudding and snacks is immature and juvenile, but they're sure normal compared to Team Alsvid where abuse is the norm. Yikes.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Hah, Haruka and Michiru... err... I mean Mao and Hitomi already have their rings. Will be interesting to see what we get when they have the focus, but for now my favorite pair of lovers has still got to be Misaki and Chiyuki. Even though their story has passed, I liked that we still got some ultra-sweet moments with Misaki's thoughts here. I really want to see them get their rings too.

Unlike in other shows this season, Izumi's brand of sadism is not really endearing at all. Perhaps underlying it all is even some resentment at Nagisa, who seems more balanced compared to her. She handles herself well even with a different partner. Nagisa even seems to deep down dream of being the sadist herself. I'd like to see that happen in reality as Izumi needs to be straightened out. I'm not so sure the basic shtick with them will change, but hopefully it will take a more palatable form after their turn of working through their issues.

Comment

Episode 5

hah, so it's Izumi's turn having the S&M role-reversal this time...
        Hitomi and Mao...what a pair :D Reminded me of this memorable scene

At least we can thank the crows for creating a stronger bond between team Alsvid. Interesting that Nagisa basically affirms being held captive by Izumi's abuse, and accepts it. And again, the teams and pit crew just don't understand their relationship. I suppose if a couple has that tendency/quality of life, that's between them, although it's pretty awkward and cringey. But if that's what makes them click as a stronger team...

Nice to see more of Tsugumi and Hibari. Nene and Ai are amusing as usual, though moreso for Ai this time as she hilariously commentates over Team Alsvid's accident.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X