Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 7

The troubles of an immigrant trying to find a job in the Land of Opportunity. It's a little bizarre how racist so many of these people and creatures are considering how diverse the city, but hey... that's all too realistic, isn't it? At least he gets to feel a little more at home in the end, even if Zapp could cut the tsundere tendencies down a bit.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 8

Ah, this show's incredible all-star cast was missing a Koyasu, wasn't it? Nice to have a multi-episode story for a change.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 9

Cutting him down to size.

So in the second part of this, Riel is given shock therapy, and that worked as it got Riel from a giant down to being the size of a bug. Just when it looked like Leo wouldn't see him again, he accidentally squashes him, and thus they meet again. That was pretty funny to see those hoping to see an epic fight get disappointed when Riel refused to fight. While that was going on, Chain and Zapp were nowhere to be found as Chain was drinking all the booze at a restaurant with her werewolf friends, and Zapp was at the clinic hitting on the ladies and getting hit himself. Not exactly Libra's finest hour, but nevertheless all is well. Pretty entertaining how that whole sequence of events turned out. Next time, the episode is about K.K., the last member of Libra that needs to get some attention.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
        Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 9

Not a bad conclusion this little two-parter. I could use some bigger stories now and then.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 10

It ain't easy being a mother.

And now, it's an episode about K.K. as she's the last member of Libra who yet to have an episode. When she's not on the job as a sniper, she's a mother, and with her job making her miss parent-teacher day at her son's school that she's determined to make it this year. An important mission happens to be on the same day as the event, one that could result in soldiers being killed, but she found a solution to this conflict by making a drone that can be controlled remotely through a VG controller. As it turns out, there's something about that teacher as he's not quite the run-of-the-mill teacher as he's a Blood Breed. Even though he has run amok with the law, he's still a parent. This show just keeps on piling on these bizarre situations, and it turns out it was beneficial that K.K. was at school with that teacher being connected to the mission. Next time, it's a two-parter to end this season.
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 11

The eyes have it.

And to end this season, it's a two-parter involving Michella as Leo's sister has come over to Hellsalem's Lot in order to get married. But it turns out that the person she's married to is after Leo's eyes as he realizes just how frightening the truth is. A blood breed attacks, and Leo was quite hesitant to use his power seeing that it was needed in order to trap that monster, and the mission nearly failed because of it. But after using it, that guy now wants that power for himself and will stop at nothing. Looks like Michella has gotten herself into a bad romance, and it will be interesting to see what comes next to finish off this season.

Comment

Re: Episode 10

One more Libra slice-of-life one-off before getting into the climax of the season. Fun and decent for character development if ultimately not particularly consequential in the long run, as per usual. K.K. is a dork, which is enjoyable. Too bad only her one son got any attention, though.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 11

Suddenly, all the plot! Well, this is exciting enough. Interesting to see Black again at the beginning. I wonder how much of this was in the manga. Maybe they just needed a climax?
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 12 (Finale)

Never underestimate the human spirit.

Gamimozu sure had Leo cornered there and forcing him to obey his every command having taken Michella hostage, which includes tossing his cell phone so that he wouldn't have any backup from Libra. But while he isn't as tough as his comrades, he has a ton of willpower, and that saved the day as somehow Libra knew something was up and was there to clean up the mess Leo got himself in. Leo sure did get himself quite banged up after those headbutts. So with that, this case is closed, and it's back to the bizarre dealings of everyday life as Black happens to be working at Dianne's Diner, which is destroyed again. While not as grand as the first season finale, it definitely pushed Leo to the next level with his character.

Overall, this season is more of the same from the first season, which is a great thing. The entertainment value is greater than the first due largely to the Libra guys getting a lot more focus to showcase how awesome they are, but at the same time the storytelling takes a hit as there's very little upwards movement. So those two things pretty much counteract each other putting this on par with the first season. Other than that, this season continues to do what the first season did so well with the amazing action courtesy of the reliable Studio Bones, a great soundtrack, and a goofy atmosphere that made it such a pleasure to watch.

MAL Rating:

Comment

Re: Episode 12 (Finale)

This show is such a production masterpiece that it's almost tragic that the material is essentially mediocre in comparison. If truly great source material got this kind of treatment, it could become one of the best. And to be fair, that happens frequently enough that I feel very lucky to be so entrenched in this medium in this day and age, but there are many unique elements to this production that could be utilized on something with a bit more substance. Still a hell of a fun ride, that's for sure. I'll miss all this music immensely.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...