X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2017] Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    血界戦線 & BEYOND

The sequel to Blood Blockade Battlefront. Leo continues to do his job as a photographer in New York City that has since been taken over by supernatural monsters that are mostly living in harmony with humans. More bizarre adventures await for Leo and Libra.

Airs: Saturday, October 7, 2017

Studio: Bones

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Supersonic monkeys, vampires, talking fishmen, and all sorts of different supernatural monsters living alongside humans?this has been part of daily life in Hellsalem's Lot, formerly known as New York City, for some time now. When a gateway between Earth and the Beyond opened three years ago, New Yorkers and creatures from the other dimension alike were trapped in an impenetrable bubble and were forced to live together. Libra is a secret organization composed of eccentrics and superhumans, tasked with keeping order in the city and making sure that chaos doesn't spread to the rest of the world.

Pursuing photography as a hobby, Leonardo Watch is living a normal life with his parents and sister. But when he obtains the "All-seeing Eyes of the Gods" at the expense of his sister's eyesight, he goes to Hellsalem's Lot in order to help her by finding answers about the mysterious powers he received. He soon runs into Libra, and when Leo unexpectedly joins their ranks, he gets more than what he bargained for. Kekkai Sensen follows Leo's misadventures in the strangest place on Earth with his equally strange comrades?as the ordinary boy unwittingly sees his life take a turn for the extraordinary.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Leo's Bizarre Adventure

It sure is great to be back with this show, and it's just how I remember it. Leo has a job to deliver the head of a cyborg politician, and along the way he's getting caught up in one crazy thing after another. His fellow Libra comrades are there to show what they are made of, all while enemies just keep showing up one after the other. In the end, the job is successful, but unfortunately Leo doesn't have his home to go back to, nor his poor X-Station. Once more, the quirkiness is in full swing, and it didn't take long for me to be reminded about that.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

This show is as fucking bonkers as ever, but what a fun time with great production values and endless style. The amount of music in just this episode is insane. Also, this new Unison Square Garden OP is a great song with amazing visuals, but it just can't compare to the fun of that old ED.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

This is a place for treatment.

Zapp is down, and he's taken to the hospital to get treatment, one that Klaus and Steven had been searching for three years. And one of the doctors there is Estevez, who can use can not only use the shadow clone jutsu, but make her shadow clones a younger version of herself. That fiend that Klaus and Steven fought, he is back and is out to make some hell, but Klaus comes through and shows just how badass he is. Quite a great way for Klaus to reconnect with somebody who he met three years ago as once again Zapp continues to make a fool of himself. Things are extremely unstable seeing that these buildings are being treated like Lego bricks.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Damn, DAOKO is suddenly in everything this year! Pretty awesome to see (hear).

Nice to get a look back at some of what happened three years ago. Not quite as wild and exciting, but I'll take this more grounded material.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 3

They like to party.

And here, there are three things going at once. There's Leo getting his wallet stolen, Zapp hanging out with the chicks and looking for his cat, and Steven and Veded hosting a party full of demons in disguise. Things get wild in all three places as Chain ended up getting the money back, while Zapp goes crazy, and Steven was well-prepared for the situation secretly throwing some of his blood inside those guests. Once again, this show never fails to amuse me with all of the bizarre situations these Libra guys get themselves into.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Lots of Steven being a badass lately. Also always nice to see Chain being ultra-cool. If nothing else, this is a remarkably likable cast of characters. They don't always feel like people, but they sure are entertaining in their various ways.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 4

Chain's Angels

After being largely ignored in the first season, here's an episode that focuses on Chain as this werewolf belongs to a secret service team of other werewolves in addition to working for Libra, and boy did her powers come in handy in this mission bulldozing through security and giving that evildoer a smackdown. She's a total badass, especially while wearing those leather outfits, and it's wise not to get on her bad side. Too bad for Steven once he peaked into her messy room as she's quite busy to the point where she just doesn't have any time to keep her place in order. And then there's that burger-loving mushroom guy that's back and hilarious as ever. Excellent stuff that was and I certainly on board with the Chain Gang after seeing that.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Now there's our Chain action. Pure badassery. Not a ton of characterization necessarily, but again, this show can still be fun with a bit lacking in that department as long as it's fun, and this was still plenty fun.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 5

He's simply one Hellsalem's Lot of a butler.

Now, it's an episode about Gilbert, who is much like Batman's butler Alfred, and Libra sure is glad to have him around. And then there is Philip that has come wanting to work for Libra. His brain gets stolen, but thanks to his brain and Leo's eyes that they know where exactly to go. From there, Gilbert and company kick ass. That Batmobile sure is a real work of art with all those features and other things that carried this crew to victory. Another great episode there, and Libra has a new member with Philip joining, though he has a lot to learn if he's going to be a butler that serves this organization well.

Comment

Re: Episode 5

Sebastian who? These are the most badass butlers around.

Fun times as per usual. Looks like some real Leonardo focus next time.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 6

Now entering the no-fly zone.

Some backstory is given about Michella as Leo makes a visit to the hospital. Then after that, Libra's headquarters gets invaded with a horde of flies prompting an evacuation order, and these are no ordinary bugs as they have taken control of the building's security system. So to get the building back, they bring in Yurian to hack the security system, while K.K. provides some long-distance help, and Leo uses his eyes on Klaus as he scales the wall, and then deliver divine punishment to the lord of the flies. Then to finish the job, Chain and Steven take out those bastards responsible and the day is saved. These guys aren't getting locked out of their own building.

Comment

Re: Episode 6

So not so much of a Leonardo episode outside of the very beginning and end. More of a full-team Libra episode for the most part, with some focus on Leonardo, Klaus, and Steven in particular. I have to say, bugs in that quantity make some of the most terrifying enemies. Bugs that can gain enough intelligence to lock Libra out via their own security system, and could conceivably reach godly levels within a few hours? Fuck that noise. Of course, no bugs are going to beat this group, no matter how advanced. Another fun ride. Not necessarily as strong in the character development department as some of the recent episodes, but it's good to get the gang all together for a coordinated effort like this, and having them on the defensive is a nice change of pace, even if there's really no doubt how it's going to end up, just how stylishly it will be executed. That's this show, after all, and I'm fine with it.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 7

Sorry to crash the party.

And now, an episode focused on Zed as he's looking for a job, but just isn't qualified for anything. So he decides to get drunk, and his breathing device gets stolen by someone who thinks that those are the latest headphones. While Libra was willing to replace them, not so much with Leo as he wants Zed to attend the New Year's party that he so carefully planned. So Chain teaches that thief a lesson not to take other people's property as Zed needs that to live. In the end, Zed ends up becoming a street performer and he is already a huge hit, to good for him.

Comment

Episode 8

All things big and small.

The bizarre just continues to be ever so present as Leo is talking to a microbe through a device, while his friend Riel becomes the victim of bioterrorism as he becomes a huge monster that is just wrecking the place. Just when it looked like Brody and Hummer took down that thing together, that didn't exactly do much. Things took quite a turn there as the problems just keep swelling up, and Leo is dealing with guys of all sorts of shapes and sizes.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X