Girls' Last Tour Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 10

Well that creature has to be the first thing truly out of this world in the series, even if the entire series is very surreal and impractical. And while everyone and everything in this series has a simplistic, SD-esque design, they must've been given a very inaccurate report on what cats look like to assume that thing was one. The cats in Aria are more believable than this. Given its otherworldly characteristics, I do wonder if they'll try to explain any more about it than the rest of the mysterious circumstances surrounding this setting. Perhaps something vague, but probably not anything too explicit.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 11

Let's blow up this joint.

The girls picked up a pretty useful companion that eats bullets as it can power up stuff and open doors. And once again, Yuuri is just having fun, but things go too far when she presses random buttons in that mecha causing widespread destruction which could have endangered them had they not been underground in a place equipped with sprinklers. And then the girls come across an old weapons facility that is equipped with nukes and is still running after all this time. It will be interesting to see where this leads to as the show has one more episode left, and the girls aren't exactly living in a place that can sustain them for very long.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
      Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 12 (Finale)

Onward and upward.

So it ends with Chito and Yuuri having photos and videos from the camera synced up with the computer to play the events that led to the world's destruction, and now they know the importance of communication as the lack of that led to a lot of conflict. Their first test with that is when they come across the same life form that Cut is, and they learn that they only eat unstable energy like weapons after it swallowed up Yuuri. Having met someone from its race that Cut goes along with them. And then the girls decide to go to the top of the surface in the end much like how those creatures went up. Pretty nice way to end this with some big truths about the world being revealed, though there are still lots of questions and mysteries that were never addressed.

Overall, this is a fun and amusing show that hits all the right buttons, and doing all this in a desolate environment just adds to the atmosphere of the show in a unique way. There was never a dull moment in this show as the two girls find amusing ways to do stuff in a place that's otherwise depressing. The animation is nice to go along with everything. Just about the only major issues are the show's tendency to be repetitive, and the fact that a story was established and never seemed to be moving forward as it would have been nice do answer the big lingering question at the beginning of how the girls came to be, but never really got to it. In any case, it was a nice show to watch in the end.

MAL Rating:
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
        Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 11

Okay, looks like they are doing something a little more... plot-related for the final pair of episodes? Maybe? Certainly some more weight than we've had so far with some of the discussions, the destruction, and the general tone that has overtaken the journey in this episode. And an actual to-be-continued!
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 12 (Finale)

Oh wow, that was quite an ending after all. After an entire series of solitude, a history of mankind is played out before our girls, its own self-destruction hauntingly poignant when interspersed with the joys of life. The world is ending, Chi and Yuu are all that's left, and there's nothing to look forward to except an attempt to climb higher, which may lead to nothing. But just knowing that the world has offered more than the limited scope of this journey, and more importantly sticking together as loyal friends who love each other, is enough to ensure that continuing on is always worthwhile, no matter where that leads.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...