Blend S Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 7

The strawberry bit didn't seem like it would be that funny, but seeing how the girls used their characters to get around having people order strawberry dishes was actually pretty good. Speaking of which, seeing them lose their characters was also fun.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 8

Only knowing Hideri from the OP, I didn't see the trap angle coming. It's always a little frustrating to see Japan's less progressive views on gender roles manifest in jokes like this, but I think Hideri is a fun enough character that they treat with enough respect, usually as one of the girls, so it could be a lot worse.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 9

Things are dog-gone hectic.

Dino becomes the reluctant owner of Owner, an abandoned dog that Maika found, as by process of elimination, only he can keep it in his home. Not to mention, Owner has taken quite a liking to him to the point that he knows what his weaknesses are. Then Aika makes a visit to the place and she manages to be a better sadist than Maika is asking her way too many times. Seeing that eye comparison is pretty hilarious there as while they are siblings, there are big differences in the eyes. And then with Dino watching anime and eating too many sweets, he has packed on the pounds, which is bad timing with Maika bringing a cake she baked for him from home. So it's time for him to get some exercise. Things just never fail to be dull around Dino and he's having a hard time trying to keep up with it all that it's hilarious.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
        Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 9

Hah, poor Dino. He was not looking forward to having to take care of a dog, but when it comes to Maika, he melts into puddy. And Maika gives the dog a name that makes it look like he's the dog is the one actually in charge of the two. It really is too... the smart dog knows exactly how to threaten Dino into taking him out for a walk. And worst of all... Dino can no longer watch late-night yuri anime goodness because of this. There does seem to be a silver lining for him when Maika enthusiastically goes out of her way to make it up to him with homemade sweets. The earnestness with which she gets all of the various ingredients had me worried that she was going to spring a strange concoction on him. I like how she's actually gotten good at it, and that her sadism actually manifested in a different way in the end... fattening him up. Haha.

I knew there was no way Aika wasn't going to arrive in some kind of over-the-top fashion. It's amusing while she's enjoying the cafe, the SP outside actually have to deal with the police over their conspicuous presence in front of a store on a busy street. And Aika tries really hard to bring out her sister's sadistic side when she's not up to doing her usual character with her. With the drama over Maika being worried about her blood relations, I just knew the way it was going to be proven was sadism on the part of her sister. She lives up to both the overly-traditional and sadistic aura in how she has a naginata on hand to brandish whenever she thinks people are making her sister cry. There really can be no doubt they're related...

Comment

Re: Episode 9

I'm pretty much on the same page as Dino when it comes to owning pets. They're fun, but they're a lot of work and take away from the otaku life.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 10

Big sister power, makeup!

Mafuyu doesn't have a boyfriend and she rejects someone who wants her as she's sees dates and other stuff as something that eats away at her free time to watch anime and doing other things. Then Kaho flunks her math test as instead of studying, she's playing games. She's about to get a huge lesson from Mafuyu in makeup, in more than one way. She's studying hard for her makeup exam, and that causes her to come into work with bags under her eyes leading to Mafuyu to use makeup to cover them, and that leads to everybody else getting a makeover with makeup. But makeup is not for Kaho, and the only makeup she needs to worry about is her makeup exam. Quite a hilarious take that was on the whole big sister act.
              Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 10

Finally the show moved away from creepy manager-san and onto the girls. And the focus is mainly on Mafuyu, everyone's favorite not-loli.
                Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Episode 11

Turn the corner on cornering.

Maika and Dino go out on a date to the park with Owner, and it turns out that they are not the only ones thinking about love as so is the dog having found a love partner himself after a frisbee goes out. Too bad that dog didn't stand a chance against Maika's sadism. Then Kaho blows up over her game data being deleted, but just leave it to a certain keychain to cheer her up, and then after seeing Maika cornering Hideri by accident, Hideri gets Dino to corner Maika, and he's terrible at it. Maika, on the other hand, has mastered it. Pretty funny and awkward stuff once again as things that happen just don't turn out the way it was intended to.

Comment

Re: Episode 10

Very Mafuyu. I suppose she hasn't gotten quite as much attention as some of the others, and her gap is definitely something they can get a lot of mileage out of. She works well with Kaho, who is often the most likable of the bunch, serving an ironic big sister role. There were some lulls there with some of the makeup bits, but the Kaho/Akizuki pairing can always use more moments.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter
                    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 11

Oh hey, some more Kaho/Akizuki. The trained tsundere and the natural tsundere. Always a cute pair. Let's see how the main couple progresses in the finale.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 12 (Finale)

She's in love... with everybody.

Cafe Stile goes on a trip to the slopes where everybody is skiing or snowboarding. Mafuyu is a pro at it, while Maika is a klutz, and Hideri is one on purpose. Then after a long day of physical activity, Maika and Dino are incredibly close after a bath, and while Dino confesses his love to Maika, she was asleep when he said it. When Maika returns the feelings, she loves everybody. Adding that quick recap was pretty funny as well seeing that others are aware that it was totally unnecessary. And then it's all about reflections there at the end as it's Christmas and Cafe Stile is closed until the new year. Dino sure did aggressively go after Mafuyu, while Akizuki and Kaho approached him to work in an awkward fashion. Quite a nice way to wrap up this fun show.

Overall, this show is a whole lot of fun to watch as the comedy is great, the characters are nice, and the slapstick humor really works for the most part. The animation is another great job by A-1 as they deliver on their reputation once again. The show was not without its faults with the biggest ones being the tendency for the humor to get repetitive, and that some of the characters get largely ignored (more specially, Miu and Hideri), while the stuff between Maika and Dino got pretty old. In any case, it was a superb time watching this.

MAL Rating:

Comment

Re: Episode 12 (Finale)

Hah, I love how much Dino stands out with his garish itaboard. And while Mafuyu astounds with the fact she has elite snowboarding skills despite being an otaku, Miu more fits the mold of sitting back and not participating in outdoor activities. Rather, she's got some valuable use for her people watching. Who knows how many completely random people unknowingly have ended up as material for the most lurid doujins. Hahaha.

It's a pretty nice cap on the series how we get to find out how the early staff came to work here. It seems Akizuki and Kaho have always been rather adorably in sync. Shouldn't be surprised too, that Mafuyu was one of the most difficult to recruit. Heh, there was not enough of her. I liked she got some decent focus back in her and Kaho's interactions back in episode 10.

Comment

Re: Episode 12 (Finale)

I have enough snow and cold in real life...

About what would be expected for a "finale" of a slice of life show that can't change too much. Not too bad.
                            My Top Anime | Manga
                            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                            My FP Reviews | Twitter
                            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...