X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Hentai
    replied
    Episode 5

So, there I was watching Episode 5 of Train Wreck, er King's Train Wreck, when I had to remind myself of the following rule: Never think that a bad show can't get worse.

'Cuz this did.

When last seen, our MC and doomed compatriots (and no, no spoilers, because the UN Building doesn't have as many flags in front of it as the death flags flying for that pair), were headed out on a train. And without further adieu, and zero transition, we spend this entire episode in the past of our MC's first King's Game.

And yeah, I'm not bothering with spoilers any more, because someone might not look at them and not be warned. Right now we are having 3 King's Games, present, past and way past shown in a single cour show, and don't be surprised, no, I expect we'll get another one tossed in for good measure. This show is an utter and complete mess.

So if you don't mind trainwrecks that are beyond bad, take a gander; otherwise skip this worthless dreck.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied
    Re: Episode 4

There are plenty of other oddities, inconsistencies and major, logical gaps- like how is Nami able to find her way to the beach, text on her phone, and spell out the message in the sand when she just lost her eyesight?

And what's the deal about the trio going to the origins with the risk of being absent during the King's orders? Aren't they safe if nobody reads/acknowledges the orders? Couldn't one order the King to reveal himself otherwise the game ends or the King himself dies? Maybe not, because poor writing doesn't allow these possibilities. Might not be able to have a logical explanation for something that's illogical in the first place..

Leave a comment:

• General Hentai
    replied

So we've been going back and forth between past and present, and now we're tossing in a 30-year old King's Game into the mix.

Spoiler ->Yes, they've thrown in a THIRD series into the mix, the origin series, the manga of which is available on CR.

Really, Nami? How about "I declare the King's Game over and we are the winners in a tie, and none of us will ever play a game with this King again!!"

But that would make sense and be logical, and, of course, logic and sense have nothing to do with this show. This was an extended flashback, and the show is dropping the ball on telling its present tale, except that death flags are flying like mad for the cute girl and handsome guy who are going with our MC to this conveniently known village where the conveniently known King's Game first started 30 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

For shame Nobuaki; forget to lose the clothes on your back? Run around with your schlong for the whole world to see and verify if if there's confirmation. Isn't decency and respect something important? I know semantics and what not, but I would guess 'something' could be considered different from 'someone'...

Sorry to say, but Nami had it coming to her. Why risk her life for something as stupid as that order is beyond comprehension. I'm pretty sure it's not considered rude to be laughing through all this. And Ria is just plain strange...Curious to see if her stoicism shifts into manic hysteria after learning what's in store on her turn.

Leave a comment:

• Gildor
    replied
    Episode 4

Well just about everyone acting stupid, all around. Really Nami, you just took Nobuaki's theory as fact and ran with it? And Nobuaki going to pieces and shutting down all brain functions? <sigh>

Ria seems to be the only one acting level headed. I guess the king will have to eliminate her soon. Can't have anyone thinking calmly and rationally after all.

And how did Nobuaki know about the original village? I guess he did some research after his frist class went down. Hopefully we'll also get the answer why the game seems to be following Nobuaki around.

Leave a comment:

• Gildor
    replied
    Re: Episode 3
    Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
    I guess buttsecks between Naoya and Nobuaki wasn't possible. If he loved Chiemi so much, maybe a little self-sacrifice wouldn't hurt?..
    Yes, the same thought occurred to me. Also, the way the order was phrased, even Naoya going solo should have fulfilled the order.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied
    Re: Episode 3

I guess buttsecks between Naoya and Nobuaki wasn't possible. If he loved Chiemi so much, maybe a little self-sacrifice wouldn't hurt?.. ok, maybe not.
    Still, that bloody explosion from Kana throwing herself out the window..'I don't want to die! But let me throw myself out the window for good measure.' What a crock. Still watching to see how these dufuses cull themselves from the gene pool.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 3

If it's for a friend, then do it.

This show just continues to be messed up here. First of all, I'm pretty sure that a number of students have died, but somehow there are 31 votes that decided who's popular between Naoya and Kana, and for the third straight episode it says ten students have died even though two more have died since then. And of course, this game has brought out the absolute worst out of the characters, none more than Natsuko. So here, the order is to do a popularity poll between Naoya and Kana with the loser dying, and Naoya managed to win it after Nobuaki used his magic to get a number of students to switch their votes. Naoya is in the clear, but it turns out that Natsuko was given another order and because she died before she could fulfill it, Naoya has to have sex. While Naoya's none too thrilled, Chiemi saves the day by letting him have sex with her. So with that, Naoya is in the clear for now, but of course the game has only just begun, and while Nobuaki has Kenta to count on, Natsuko is determined to take him out.

So with that, I'm afraid I'll have to disobey the king's order to watch this crap show as there is just so much wrong with this show. So with that, it's game over for King's Game as I wasn't really all that excited about this show to begin with, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Gildor
    replied
    Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
    Re: Episode 2

huh. I see a lot of people comparing this show to Mayoiga.
    What came to mind for me was Danganronpa (the first one anyhow, since I didn't watch any of the follow-ons). That, and all those slasher movies where teenagers lose 50 IQ points just for being put in a environment where their lives are in danger.

Leave a comment:

• General Hentai
    replied

@Sensifu: Heh. I was just thinking how much better this would be if it were played for laughs. Mix this is a blender with Konosuba, and, oh the possibilities!

You're right, it's not good. I'm not sure how long I'll be staying, though I have a weakness for mysteries, but it's looking more and more like this is going to be train-wreck-watching-mode for me.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

huh. I see a lot of people comparing this show to Mayoiga. Personally, I find this to be on par with the likes of Pupa; Big Order; and Onara Gorou. Mayoiga is a masterpiece in comparison. That probably isn't saying much given the notoriety Mayoiga has among the fandom; but after two episodes in, this show has already seeded itself as so comically bad, it really should pass off as comedy. There's nothing shocking about it. It redefines schlock; with its puppet characters (at least Mayoiga's characters were fleshed out to some degree), poor direction, and nonsensical sequencing.

Really? "..dies unless he hang's himself." Okay...so the dude commits suicide by hanging because otherwise he dies anyway (most likely from hanging). Who writes this stuff? My Lord. Mayoiga wasn't that stupid. I'll take delusional people seeing monster penguins, over lame, characterless, caricatures acting stupid because hocus-pocus.

I'll continue to watch for now just for the laughs, but it's not promising. I doubt it'll turn 180 as I had initially thought of Brynhildr in the Darkness; so I not expecting it'll be any better than what we've already seen with these early episodes.

Leave a comment:

• General Hentai
    replied
    Re: Series & Episode 2

What I'm putting behind spoiler tags concerns the execution of this series, no plot details are revealed, but it does, I think, help explain the sloppy execution and structure of the series.

Spoiler -> This series is based on several properties which started with King's Game/Ousama Game. So far they have combined 2 of those series in the first 2 episodes, the original and the immediate sequel. I think this explains a lot about the problems I've been having with the structure and execution of this series so far.. If they're going to cram in things from other properties into the series, the content overload is just going to get worse, and would explain some of the unforgiveable shortcuts they've taken so far.

So, while what I put in the spoiler explains a lot, to me, about the structure and execution issues, it doesn't explain away all of the flaws. I think there's been sloppy work here over all.

I thought Episode 2 was better than Episode 1, although it kind of wandered off track with the sudden reveal of Natsuko's yandere side. The question becomes whether this is a split personality, she's the King, controlled by the King, possessed by the King, or if it's a hidden personality.

There's a rushed feeling to this whole series, with the class way too slow to grasp Natsuko's yandere nature, or the change from beating up a guy who she claimed was making advances on her, when just a minute before, she was stripping down to mount another guy in front of the whole class. And that was after she was completely fighting off the guy, which was after she was asking MC to take her first time.

So while Natsuko's all over the chart, her classmates' reaction to her is just absurd. But like I said, this was better than the first episode. The flashback sequence worked pretty well, although MC really needs to check his watch settings, as that's twice there's been a screwup due to an improperly synced clock.

Leave a comment:

• Gildor
    replied

So, the question is whether Natsuko really is a bad girl, or is she just under the influence of the King. The fact that her parents died violently only muddies the water. True, Nobuaki needs to get his act together if he truly wants to help.

I can take these kinds of shows only if the bad guy gets his ass kicked by the end. I hope it's a not some lame plot like Nobuake is really the King without knowing it. Or some other such nonsense...

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 2

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

This game just continues to be brutal, and even more so when there's so much hate going around. First, there's Shouta who hates Daisuke, and orders him to hang himself. Normally, an order to give an order would be a sigh of relief, but with Shouta giving the order it's something to be afraid of. Just when it looked like Nobuaki saw that Daisuke survived, it turns out that the clock was ahead and Daisuke ended up dying anyway. Then there's Natsuko who has turned the entire class against Nobuaki by making it appear that he's trying to rape her. While Nobuaki is trying to bring order and unity, these students want none of it, but Nobuaki made plenty of self-inflicted wounds along the way.

So with that, I'll give it one more episode, though it's unlikely I'll be watching this to the end. While the drama is decent, the other things are just irritating.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied
    Re: Episode 1

Yep, a decent concept, but messy execution all-around. Annoying characters across the board and lousy visuals.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X