King's Game Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 4

So we've been going back and forth between past and present, and now we're tossing in a 30-year old King's Game into the mix.

Spoiler ->Yes, they've thrown in a THIRD series into the mix, the origin series, the manga of which is available on CR.

Really, Nami? How about "I declare the King's Game over and we are the winners in a tie, and none of us will ever play a game with this King again!!"

But that would make sense and be logical, and, of course, logic and sense have nothing to do with this show. This was an extended flashback, and the show is dropping the ball on telling its present tale, except that death flags are flying like mad for the cute girl and handsome guy who are going with our MC to this conveniently known village where the conveniently known King's Game first started 30 years ago.
    My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
    1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
    2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
    3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

There are plenty of other oddities, inconsistencies and major, logical gaps- like how is Nami able to find her way to the beach, text on her phone, and spell out the message in the sand when she just lost her eyesight?

And what's the deal about the trio going to the origins with the risk of being absent during the King's orders? Aren't they safe if nobody reads/acknowledges the orders? Couldn't one order the King to reveal himself otherwise the game ends or the King himself dies? Maybe not, because poor writing doesn't allow these possibilities. Might not be able to have a logical explanation for something that's illogical in the first place..

Comment

Episode 5

So, there I was watching Episode 5 of Train Wreck, er King's Train Wreck, when I had to remind myself of the following rule: Never think that a bad show can't get worse.

'Cuz this did.

When last seen, our MC and doomed compatriots (and no, no spoilers, because the UN Building doesn't have as many flags in front of it as the death flags flying for that pair), were headed out on a train. And without further adieu, and zero transition, we spend this entire episode in the past of our MC's first King's Game.

And yeah, I'm not bothering with spoilers any more, because someone might not look at them and not be warned. Right now we are having 3 King's Games, present, past and way past shown in a single cour show, and don't be surprised, no, I expect we'll get another one tossed in for good measure. This show is an utter and complete mess.

So if you don't mind trainwrecks that are beyond bad, take a gander; otherwise skip this worthless dreck.
        My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
        1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
        2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
        3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X