Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 9

Originally posted by Momoka Kibi View Post
    That the girls don't just magically get back the same set of powers except this time with no cons. I mean get that as normal humans, they might not be able to defeat the Shrimp by just talking to it, but if they are going to go the powers route, give them different ones. Or wait, what if Misa was the one who created the Shrimp and her coming to terms is what makes the Shrimp vanish from existence? That might actually work.
    Yeah, I do wonder just what they are going to do with no way to forcibly resist the Scoopers now that they don't have special powers. More and more feels like Misa is going to be the key in some way, whether she is able to have some power over the Shrimp/other Scoopers or activate new powers for the main trio.

Comment

Episode 10

So Misa is getting to really sympathize with the girls' position, even going as far as saying she won't do what is supposedly "in her DNA" in stealing culture. I suppose they are trying to put out a message there that genetics is not everything. And I love how Ebifurya is reacting to all of this. When he's angry, he actually sounds like he's sizzling on a frying pan.

Things seemed set to end a bit too quickly with how Misa was on their side now... but then... So there's still more to the truth that was withheld from the girls, and this means they perhaps still have powers. But Misa did not really seem to be telling them maliciously. Do wonder just how they're going to take this and follow up on the big reveal.

Comment

Re: Episode 10

So glad to see things pan out with Misa. The flashback stuff was nice. Plus how she went from Princess to Misa is quite telling. Sure, she took the name from something else, but all of us or most of us are named after something else. Also, the scene where the Scoopers couldn't figure out how an object works is telling of another idea. That stealing an idea is not the same as being able to implement. That you need to have plans for it.

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
        Things seemed set to end a bit too quickly with how Misa was on their side now... but then... So there's still more to the truth that was withheld from the girls, and this means they perhaps still have powers. But Misa did not really seem to be telling them maliciously. Do wonder just how they're going to take this and follow up on the big reveal.
        A lot of this is going to depend on how much time they want to dedicate to things. We have the issue of how to escape the fantasy. The status of reality once they get back to it. The aspect of rebuilding things. One thing I am going to predict is that during at least episode, there will be a flash forward scene. One that will give enough time to Misa to have spent sometime on Earth learning from the girls. Well learning more than she already has.
        "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
        Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Episode 11

Aww... even though Misa doesn't fully understand at first, it's nice how they all get to come to such a nice understanding of how they feel over the truth of what's gone down. There seems to be a lot of what the show is trying to get at thematically there, like with the girls in turn trying to be understanding of Misa in that her original line of thinking is what she was brought up with. But she can change... Heh, it becomes apparent that Ebifurya, even though he is supposed to be the subordinate here, is not really loyal at all when Misa goes against what he believes is the Scooper identity. As a villain with not much left to hide, Ebifuya seems quite dumb. The girls make the most of what they now know about their situation and utilize their creativity, and Ebifuya finally goes full angry power-up at the end (no idea why he didn't try that earlier).

It's nice to see the speculation about Misa getting to be behind new powers to fight turn out to be true in a sense. I assume because she's got a sense of creativity now from being around the girls, she can now use the Amatsumara power. Hopefully now we can see her wipe the floor with Ebifurya and the bad side of the Scoopers next time, perhaps with some support in some way from the girls.

Comment

Re: Episode 11

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
            It's nice to see the speculation about Misa getting to be behind new powers to fight turn out to be true in a sense. I assume because she's got a sense of creativity now from being around the girls, she can now use the Amatsumara power. Hopefully now we can see her wipe the floor with Ebifurya and the bad side of the Scoopers next time, perhaps with some support in some way from the girls.
            It's going to be a long wait, there's so much to speculate about how things will go in terms of the final battle. Right now my most major fear is that Misa will at most just give them new powers and sit out the battle. That would be a potential let down that I hope they can avoid.

Misa finding personal and sentimental value in her own creation vs Ebi being angry she no longer wants to steal everything under the sun does bring to mind a simple question. What type of value do Scoopers seek out of the items they steal anyway? I can't help but feel that for some Scoopers, it's less a case of what they have vs how much they have.

In other words, they really only want this, that, and the other to make their collection larger and because someone else has them. Granted it's possible that not all Scoopers are like that. Well, there's obviously "Reformed Misa", but I mean aside from her. Ie that some of the other Scoopers might at least have a personal interest in specific items.

One thing that will be interesting to see is what happens after they get out of the bubble. How destroyed will the word be? Will Misa be able to influence any of the other scoopers to change as well? Now that I think about it, Episode 12 will have things to answer so hopefully the battle portion is only 3-5 minutes. Also they should skip the Opening and Ending Animations. We'll need those extra few minutes.

"So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
            Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Episode 12

The extent of Misa's powers are shown to be the extent of what she's gotten to be creative with, so just beads. But working together with the others, they can come up with a powerful bead design to defeat the shrimp. There's the theme of working together, but also when things look desperate, getting Misa to believe in her own creativity that has her winning out in the end. The lessons that the girls have learned over the course of their friendship and creating things for Park parallel the path Misa and the Scoopers need to take. Ebifuya "sees the light" in the end and becomes a reformed retainer, though I think he deserved to be eaten. Not on a parfait, though: that sounds like a rather unappetizing combination. Speaking of a parfaits, I love how they finished that off by literally sticking a giant fork in it.

Misa has to return to lead the Scoopers in a better direction, so we have to get the sad goodbyes, but of course also promises to see each other again. I love how Mari thinks becoming an internationally-acclaimed actress will entitle her to go to space. I still love how everything she thinks is so randomly quirky. And the Scoopers didn't seem to go through the trouble of dropping things off in their specific locations. Harajuku now the ultimate cultural landmark/trash heap. They've got a lot of work both rebuilding and getting things in order. Haha... I'm not surprised to see Sayumin ultimately back as a real person. During their imagination time, it was supposed to only be the cat who was their only "real" companion. Nice that they spun a message out of that point in that creativity in the real world still starts with the imagination.

Still, it feels the series kind of went on too long for its simple plot and message. Besides the start being slow going, it felt rather stretched even as the plot kicked in. I wonder if they could have managed well enough just doing this in 6-8 episodes.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X