X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2017] Infini-T Force Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    インフィニティフォース

A CG superhero show about characters from Tatsunoko shows coming together to save the world.

Airs: Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Studio: Tatsunoko

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Tubi TV / Viz

The original manga follows a young girl who summons a team of superheroes to save others. The anime adaptation will not adapt the story exactly. Promotional materials indicate heroes from the Tekkaman, Casshern, Gatchaman, and Hurricane Polymar franchises will appear.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

That's no ordinary pencil.

And so it starts with Emi having a chance encounter with Takeshi in the streets of Shibuya, and all hell breaks loose. It turns out that she possesses some kind of special pencil that isn't exactly a pencil. And so, lots of weird things are happening as that pencil is quite a powerful tool that can write and erase dimensions. So after meeting Gatchaman, Polimar, and Tekkaman that saved Emi from that attack, now she's up against Casshan who wants that pencil for himself. I'll give Tatsunoko credit for the concept here to bring in the superheroes from their shows together like this, but the CG animation is a putoff and not to mention, there's not exactly much in the way of an established story.

So with that, onto the next episode that also airs today.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

All in the family.

After everything that happened in the first episode, now things are getting explained as last time things just suddenly happened. As for Casshan showing up at the end attacking Emi, it turns out that he was being controlled and he's not from this world as Tetsuya is a projection of his past self. The villain known as Z is Emi's father and he's after that pencil that only Emi can use. Then it ends with Takeshi and Dammy fighting each other as while they are both out to put a stop to Z, their end games are quite different as Dammy wants the power for himself. Thus, it ends with a fight between Polimar and Dammy.

Well, it was a good thing two episodes aired this week as there were a lot of questions from the first episode, and a good number of them get answered here as to just what exactly has been happening. I'll give it another episode as I'll at least see how the fight ends, but nevertheless it has quite a ways to go if I am to watch this as the CG stuff didn't really get me enthused about this show.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Tubi TV? Come on, Viz. Well I won't be sticking around for long anyway. I wanted to like this kind of true crossover that we basically never get in anime, but it's incredibly hard to look at before you even get into the other factors. The writing leaves a lot to be desired in this first episode, as well. It's bad enough that I don't have any need to watch another.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 3

It all comes crashing down, or does it?

Damian sure is quite the twisted man there, all while Z is just insane, all while Emi simply wants nothing to do with everything going on that she's willing to do whatever it takes to rid herself of that pencil. But of course, things are only getting even more messed up as there's a meteor headed straight for Emi's house, and then it gets deflected to hit Shibuya. But thanks to the heroes, they were able to stop the threat. They live another day, but of course, Z is making his next move. Pretty intense action that was.

So with that, I guess I'll go one more episode, but it's highly unlikely I'll continue. I do like the story idea to bring the heroes of the Tatsunoko shows together, but the CG animation and a lame MC doesn't do many favors for this.

Comment

Episode 4

Feeling bewitched.

Here comes Belle Lynn, another one of Z's minions, and she definitely made her presence known. It all starts off with Emi going to a Halloween party as her friend just wouldn't take no for an answer, and there she dresses up as a witch. Then comes Belle and the heroes square off in an alternate dimension. Just when she was about to be killed, the heroes opted not to, which is a great thing. Belle sure did make a great impression there, and is certainly a far more interesting character than Emi ever will be.

And with that, it's time I pull the plug on this show. It has been entertaining, but unfortunately there are so many other shows I would rather watch this season than this. This show could stand to use a better MC as Emi is simply a bland person who hasn't really done anything.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X