X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2017] Sengoku Night Blood Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ブラッククローバー

A show based off an otome game about a girl thrown into an alternate version of the Sengoku era where the historic figures are all pretty boys and supernatural beings.

Airs: Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Studio: Typhoon Graphics

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Set in the flourish world of Jinga that was formerly a prosperous and peaceful realm, the female protagonist is deemed to be the key to bring back order and to rule this world. Chaos started when people, specifically soldiers, who has special powers like turning into a vampire and a manwolf, called the Getsugazoku, fight for their land. These soldiers of different species would put their life on the line and fight as they follow their own thoughts and ideals. Until one day, she was called by a mysterious lady named "Hime Miko" due to the protagonist's blood bearing a mysterious power to give strength, healing, and to awake Jingazoku's real form. This is a story of love and war that she must not miss in order to rule the world.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

This ain't history as she knows it.

So it begins with Mitsunari being thrown into the past where she's surprised that the historical figures she studied about aren't what the history books told her, especially with Hideyoshi being a vampire. But at least she has their protection seeing that the battlefield is no place for her, all while the morale improves after Toshiie screwed up the last mission. Could be interesting, but for now it remains a longshot to make the cut as I'm just not enthused about otoge adaptations, and this one certainly held to form in that regard. One more episode I shall give this, but at this point it will have to really impress going forward if I am to watch this.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Not just an otome game, but a smartphone otome game. And it even starts with her just getting sucked into her own smartphone. And then it's just further downhill with every moment. So bad.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Everybody's searching for the same thing.

So the girl's name is Yuzuki, and after all of the supernatural stuff in the first episode, none of that really comes into play here as Yuzuki is getting along with the other historical figures there. The village is being attacked by bandits, and the plan to chance them away is to flood the place, and that worked like a charm. Yuzuki is looking for a way to get back, and for that she's searching for Himemiko, which is convenient since everybody else is looking for her, too. Thus, the journey back begins together linked by a common goal. Well, at least Yuzuki manages to avoid the biggest trap of an otoge heroine, but at the same time she's really bland and not somebody I care much for, all while the story was just not doing it for me.

So with that, this becomes the second show of the season that's officially been dropped. I just didn't care for it, and while I would like to get an otome game adaptation on my watchlist for diversity, I only have room for one of them and Code:Realize shows loads more potential than this.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X