Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beelzebub Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Anime adaptation of Ryūhei Tamura's manga of the same name. Get that kid some clothes, please.

ANN Entry
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Note
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Quick Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" to the post you want to reply to.
    maehara
    animevision - a casual anime fan's daily reviews & blog | lifestream
    Avatar: Myuseru, from Outbreak Company

Episode 14

Kanzaki's figured out that Beel is the key to Oga's strength, but doesn't go about copying him in quite the right way...

- you can't fault Kanzaki's eagerness, anyway...
    don't think a stuffed toy baby is going to have quite the same effect as a baby demon lord.
    - ah yes, I feel Oga's pain on this one.
    - sekuhara-sensei?
    - could Beel's nakedness be part of his power..? Shiroyama's about to help them find out. Until he's arrested again.
    - Kanzaki's given up. Can't say I blame him with those two trying to "help".
    -Oga, meanwhile,eventually has to take Beel out - and runs into Aya. Still hasn't drawn the connection between park-persona and school-persona. Hello? McFly!?
    - Kota's missing, and Kanzaki finds him. A genuine baby to carry on his back while fighting!
    - he eventually gets his double-heel smash off - but it all goes a bit wrong.

As with most Beelzebub episodes, needs more Chiaki. Needs any Chiaki, actually. Still, good fun once again, reinforcing just how thick Kanzaki and his sidekicks are - but you have to appreciate their effort..!
    maehara

Comment

Episode 15

- Freddie is sekuhara-demon, then? Poor Furuichi.
      - Furuichi pictures Hilda in a swimsuit. I'll be surprised if she gives up her dress.
      - yay! Chiaki! Boo! Not for long enough!
      - Toji has the same tattoo as Oga. So where his demon sprog?
      - it's not just Furuichi's dreams that are ever-growing, I'll bet.
      - Freddie in a mankini. MY EYES!
      - mistaken identity sees them working in a beach hut.
      - squid-flavour yogurty. That can't taste good.
      - and here's Aya, checking up on him.
      - what the hell is that outfit. Once again: MY EYES!!
      - 17mins in and no swimsuits yet. What the heck?
      - Letter of challenge, delivered via Aya. Who was just about to tear it up.
      - he's not going to get to fight Tojo either, looking at the time left.
      - back home. And that's an unfortunate set of white bits Oga's been left with...

Swimsuits next week, by the look of it, when we move onto a pool episode. But this week I feel decidedly cheated - no swimsuits at the beach, and the big showdown with Toji never happened. What's the point!?
      maehara

Comment

I knew that Tojo's badass entrance was going to be censored... but to the point where they put clouds over it... oh lordy, what a mess this anime has turned out too be. I honestly can't believe they delayed Aoi's entrance by drawing out material as well as having an anime original episode before it. Any competent director/writer would've got her into the series ASAP... waiting until episode 7 is a just utter incompetence. The overuse of Beels zapping was horrendous, must have gone over really well with their 3-5 year old focal groups. And now inserting so much filler material before the first arc that actually shows how good the manga can be... all I can say is thank fuck this team isn't handling SKET DANCE, now that's how you adapt a manga... and no it's not a 1:1 adaption, they have chapter skipped a lot to put more focus on popular side characters and they also mixed chapter 3 and chapter 28 into one episode with #5. Blue Exorcist is another well done adaption....

The Beezlebub manga while far from great is a good, enjoyable read, pity about the anime, I realize why the filler is being done, my issue is with the horrible placement of it.
        Last edited by Westlo; 05-08-2011, 04:05 AM.
        Sing your forbidden song, RahXephon.
        MyAnimeList Profile | Currently Watching
        Avatar: Hagoromo-Gitsune from Nurarihyon no Mago 2.
        Fav Current Shows: Steins;Gate, AnoHana, Blue Exorcist, Denpa Onna, Tiger & Bunny.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X