X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2017] Angel's 3Piece! Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    天使の3P!〈スリーピース〉

A show about a hikikomori who uses his time to compose music, and ends up becoming the manager of a band that consists of three orphaned elementary school girls.

Airs: Monday, July 10, 2017

Studio: Project No. 9

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Kyou Nukui is a first year high school student hikikomori. His hobby is making Vocaloid songs and uploading them online. One day, he receives a message from a fan asking if they could meet up with him. At the meeting place, three elementary school girls were waiting for him. The three of them want to form a band and ask for Kyou's help.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Make music and they will come.

It begins with Kyo ditching school altogether and composing music on line while he's not at school. Just when it looked like things are going to stay the same, in comes three girls who are big fans of his music and now those girls are forming a band with Kyo as its manager. The music is great, while the girls are cute and the concept has promise, but at the same time this just stitches a bunch of cliches together all while the characters can be pretty irksome. I'll keep going for now, but chances are I won't be staying with this show to the end.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

No, you're not forgiven. Do you have to be so explicit about literally viewing elementary school children in a sexual light? If it weren't for that factor, I'd literally like everything about the show, but that part is so extreme (and the main baby being so utterly unbearable in general) that there's no chance. Blech.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Hmm, hikikomori who likes to make music. At least he's not completely shut out of the world as he does try to interact a bit by uploading his music. I like the girl in class who stands up for him. Maybe this won't be the horrifying SquickFest that I expected from the key visual and the episode title.

Oh, wait...his internet fan is an elementary school girl. And she's accompanied by two more. Eh, this was expected, considering the writer for this thing. Wait...why are they positioning the viewer between her legs? This...this doesn't look like it's going to go in a good direction. But...the dialogue is not worrisome yet.

So, they're orphans and they want to put on a concert. That sounds innocent enough even if they are holed up in some underground room hidden under a statue that looks like it was created for "other" kinds of activities. Gahh, these girls are such pandering stereotypes. And the music...eh, does nothing for me.

......wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Did the obviously tsun one just say what I think she did? Eww.

And then that post-credits scene.

This will be the second time I've had to call upon this judgment this season:

Kill it with fire!

Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
        Scratchy for Tama is angry.
        Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Coming from the same guy who did Ro-Kyu-Bu, this show has the same plot. I could have done without the last part and the after credits scene. What I don't understand is why they need his help. They seem fine as it is.
          Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Episode 2

God save the orphanage.

Not long after meeting those girls, Kyo is now tasked with spreading the word as they want to perform really soon. And the reason being that their orphanage is on the verge of shutting down with those three being the only orphans remaining. While the girls are cute and the story concept could work, the pedo vibes are just way too strong. More cringeworthy things are going on here with the girls becoming sluts to promote their concert and Kurumi walking in the bath while Kyo is there. At least the part with Sawatari explaining how he went from priest to provider is interesting, but nevertheless it continues to be tasteless.

With that, I might give it one more episode, but that will almost certainly be it after that as this show, just kill'em with fire. If the pedo vibes were purged, then this show might have been worthwhile. But of course, with little girls and a teen scumbag that it has to turn out this way.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

On one hand, I will admit I want to see the imouto meet the trio. On other hand, did we realy need to set the stages for a brother complex and potential jealousy? It would be nice if the show could learn to hold back a bit more. That's going to be the main issue.
              "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
              Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Episode 3

They're not strangers.

So it turns out that those three girls are in the same class as Kurumi and she's the class president, while Toriumi is also living at the orphanage and works at Sanois, so it's no wonder why Kyo was approached to be their manager. And then Kyo's reason for ditching school is explained as he was bullied and made fun at for being a poet. What that stuff was at least decent, the part before that with the lolis approaching Kyo in the nude was just irritating. Not to mention, the girls are starting to get on my nerves putting Kyo through a lot of needless problems.

With that, I'm finished with this show. As much as I want to like it, I the direction is just one misstep after another as the pedo vibes were overemphasized, and while the story had potential it just doesn't work when all of that other needless fluff is involved.

Comment

Episode 4

That felt like an ending. Kyo gets over his fear of school, and the girls put on a great concert. Where does it go from here?

Comment

Episode 5

There's no doubt that Sakura is the cutest girl here, much genuinely cuter than the grade schoolers. A tsundere that's only slightly tsun is the best tsundere.

I'm curious if we will get a reveal of Kiriyume "IRL". The way she's reacting to Kyou's revelations, and the way this show has gone before, has me wondering if she will end up being younger than the image of her that we see here.

Comment

Re: Episode 5

Sora's speech quirk is really annoying me. Why does she make a biting sound every time she speaks? Sakura is best girl, especially in that cute little outfit she wears camping.

Comment

Episode 6

This was a really emotional episode. Definitely had me teary eyed quite a few times. Nozomi was old enough to have memories of her mother when she passed away, and it was a really distressing time in her life when she had to come to the orphanage and met the other two girls. It was really sweet to get the scenes of how she got to bonding with them in the ending credits. Of course, with them being that tightly-knit, we couldn't be breaking up the band at this point, so unsurprising she goes back on going to the UK. Given how she usually is, Sora being so emotional there hits hard.

Nozomi's mom looked so beautiful and sweet. Even estranged from her father, she got to sending him pictures of the daughter she raised with love. This was pretty sad for grandfather too, with the "lead" he gets out of that only having him just find out his daughter passed away. Even though Nozomi doesn't come back with him, she really gets to answering him quite heartwarmingly in a way that reminds him of how his daughter was. Hopefully we get to see Nozomi brushing up on her English and she'll have even more to say the next time they're able to meet.

Sakura is so adorable again, seeing her get to tell Nukui one of the moments of his that she admired... and most likely when she was starting to fall in love with him too.

Comment

Episode 7

Starting out with some very intense... fishing! Heh... Sakura's enthusiasm for fishing is so adorable, and how in sync she is with Master over that too.

So now we're finally getting some background on Kiriyume. She lives on a remote island town and plots (hehe.... and they think her intentions are innocent) to bring them there for a revitalization effort. Revitalizing small towns is all the rage in anime lately. We get to see a good bit of Kiriyume, Aigae Yuzuha, in person and she's interestingly not all that different physically from the imagined online persona we've seen. She's much softer in how she looks and interacts with the others than we see of that persona. But there's some truth in it, too: she's just hiding that self deep down. Haha.

Heh, and Yuzuha seems to be obsessed with how much those little girls are monopolizing "Hibiki". Poor Yuzuha... her attempts at beach seduction. An were completely ignored. It seemed like the main focus of her plot will have something to do with the island's superstitions. Though before even getting to that, she gets sidetracked (admitting that quite adorably to herself even) showing an illustration she wanted to show to Nukui. She's back to her plotting, but I hope she can come around to the girls (who were really looking to be friends with her) and this can end sweetly.

It's interesting how Yuzuha really doesn't seem to look at Sakura as a threatening rival for Nukui's affections at all, and vice versa on that too. I like how Sakura was getting so adorably teased by the girls in how she had gotten to know about Nukui, since she was in on the Kiriyume details. When Sakura gets to meet Yuzuha, Nozomi wonders how she isn't worried about the beautiful girl Nukui apparently has a connection with. Well, will be interesting to see if that dynamic gets to change. Yuzuha seems fun, but she's not going to top Sakura as best girl.

Comment

Episode 8

Sakura got a big catch, and is so adorably excited over her fishing exploits yet again. But she had been focused so much on that to the point she forgot one of her other goals while she was here. It's funny how Nozomi is there to clue her in, that she completely missed her chance to show her swimsuit to Kyou. Sneaking Kyou into her room late at night to finally get to do that, it actually goes a lot more innocently than the initial visuals and dialogue implies. More adorable that way, but Nozomi knows Sakura is never going to make any progress with the dense Kyou just like that. Sakura has to hold herself back from her fishing urges the next day for self reflection.

Ah, and while she's at that, Sakura rather awesomely got to be observant of just what Yuzuha was trying to pull. The forces of nature don't work on the girls as Sora proves to be quite adept at fending away wild creatures. And then Sakura catches Yuzuha red-handed trying to make away with the girls' band equipment. Kyou and the girls decide to not go to the police over the incident, though that's framed as trying not to disappoint those who were looking forward to enjoying and/or putting on the show. There's no consideration of trying to find out why Yuzuha did what she did or make up with her specifically. Things left on a kind of a bitter note with her, and then a storm strikes.

Pretty interesting what we get after Kyou knows where to find the missing Yuzuha. So she's not Kiriyume after all. Some of my initial impressions about Kiriyume may have been correct after all, but there's other intriguing things here that may unexpected. Curious to see what gets revealed. Ah, and HanaKana was so very recognizable. That actually makes for the final cameo: the entire cast of main girls from Ro-kyu-bu apparently have voice parts in this series.

Comment

Episode 9

So it seems Kiryuu is more of a "god" in a superstitious sense than a supernatural one. Even as hospitable as the islanders seemed to be overall, they actually had some backwards traditions that's hard on the poor girl who's born into the role as her mother is able to leave it behind. But it turns out the most welcoming of the mainlanders was her mom who really cared for her and didn't want that tradition to keep going. Seems like Kyou, the girls of Lien de famille, and the rest were able to shake things up at least a little bit in a positive manner, with Kiriyume continuing with her internet drawing persona even as she stays on the island.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X