Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first gundum anime story wise?

Widgets Magazine
    So - I always thought I wouldn't enjoy Gundam as it would be more about ooo look at these cool ships are they not wonderful lets spend thirty minutes talking about specs and how wonderful they are. I love hard sci-fi more than most (I love Clark for example) but when done badly this can leave no room for character or anything else. But did a podcast where I chose a random episode of something and reviewed the first episode can find it at link below. Co-host got gundum wing and from his description sounded like it had a lot of politics and character. Checking out the first episode he seems to be write but it also seems like it starts somewhat in media rea. I mean I have no idea who oz is and what the history they keep talking about is. Is there an earlier plot show than this one? Could of course be starting simply in media rea but wanted to make sure.
    Zaldar returns to review ACCA 13. We also press the ?random? button on Crunchyroll.com and review the first episode of what comes up. Jellokun gets Gundam Wing Zaldar gets Black Butler ?
    There is no coincidence only inevitability

Gundam Wing was made as a standalone "alternative universe" (the titles fans identify as part of the "Universal Century," or "UC" for short, are the "original story," but so far as I can remember watching the original anime wasn't "required" to watch Gundam Wing). So far as I can remember, if there aren't explanations to where the backstory comes from in the first few episodes, it's either "not really important" or "left for your own theorizing using what you saw provided." Otherwise, I'd say yes, it started in media res.

Comment

Really interesting. Are any of the UC on crunchryroll and which one is first?

Comment

The "TV arrangement" of Gundam Unicorn is on Crunchyroll and is set in the Universal Century (as its title hints when abbreviated), but it does happen to take place well after the story begins, such that some things have greater resonance (or, from a different perspective, seem awfully familiar) if you've seen a number of previous series not on Crunchyroll. (Should anyone be ready to make the case that Unicorn can be watched "cold," though, I'd be ready to take it in.) I've seen at least some of those earlier series rotate into and out of streaming on Gundam.info, but at the moment not all of them are available there.

Comment

ug I tried to watch Unicorn and um yeah no. Waaaaay to generic and ridiculous. This is what I was afraid Gundum was exactly. Sigh. Ah well. Not all shows have to be for all people.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X