X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2017] Action Heroine Cheer Fruits Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    アクションヒロイン チアフルーツ

A show about cute girls who go from zero to local hero and more. It all started out as just a small-time project to fill in the sizable void when an action stage show got cancelled, but since then they got extremely popular really quickly and as such they become TV stars.

Airs: Thursday, July 6, 2017

Studio: Diomedea

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    HIDIVE

The "local heroine fighter" of a certain city became popular and a national star. Because of this, "local heroines" debuted in various other places, and their action live events became a hit trend nationally. In Hinano City, high school girl Misaki Shirogane and other girls become local heroines (at the urging of Misaki's aunt, the prefectural governor) and vow to produce action live events.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

From zero to hero.

So it begins with a stage show for Kamidaio being cancelled, and Mikan's sister is extremely disappointed. But Mikan just wouldn't give up as she gets An to make her wish come true. After lots of practice, they put on the show with makeshift costumes and props, and the kids there loved it. Just when things were going well, the tower collapses through no fault of their own as that thing was poorly constructed, and in fact they were actually praised for being there when it happened. And their show went viral on the internet as now they are getting quite a lot of attention.

Well, I came into this show without much expectation seeing that Diomedea's track record is pretty bad and that this as just another one of those cute girls doing cute things shows. While it stayed true to my low expectations, at least I enjoyed it. It's nothing spectacular to say the least, but for those who like these kinds of shows, they will have a nice time with it. However, with the need to pay for yet another subscription that chances are I won't stick with it as this show is currently the only reason to subscribe (the other show I dropped pretty quickly). Anyway, I'll give it another episode at the very least.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Another reason not to keep a HIDIVE subscription. At best it's cute girls playing action heroine for kids with sub-par animation. Cute for a moment, but not worth watching beyond that.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

They shall eat the fruits of their labor.

Hinano's finances sure are deep in the red, and Misaki has quite a daunting task ahead of her to erase the city's massive debt in just six months, and doing it with their superhero action stage show. While An and Mikan did a great job given their limited resources, they are going to need some more people to help out, and they got that. Roko wasn't exactly on board at first thinking back to the time Misaki lost the tennis championship, but she managed to build up the courage to be the show's villain. Just when things were looking up after putting on an amazing show, all of the sudden the girls can't hold shows at the shrine anymore after getting complaints. That was a decent episode there, and while the drama is supposed to be left in the stage show, it now suddenly happening off the stage.

Seeing that continuing with this show requires me to have a HIDIVE subscription that chances it won't make the cut, and so far it hasn't convinced me to sign up just for this show. Anyway, I'll give it one more episode before making a decision.

Comment

Episode 3

To lose is to win.

So the one putting the pressure on the parishioners is Kanon, who is a gymnast who always had been on the short end of the stick with Ann, and she's none too pleased that Ann quit gymnastics to watch these tokusatsu shows. So she challenges Ann to a race and will only allow her show to go on if Ann loses, and even though she's supposed to lose for the good of the show she ends up winning as there's just no containing the blazes of her competitive spirits. But they find another venue at the train station and Kanon made quite an entrance there to help out with the show. Just when things were going well, they get slammed with copyright infringement and demand to cease and desist. So with this, one problem was solved, but an even bigger one was created. Kanon is the prototypical tsundere there, all while Ann just doesn't hold back as neither rain nor the need to lose is going to stop her.

Seeing that continuing to watch this show requires another subscription and that this show would be the only reason to have a HIDIVE subscription for this season that for now the action goes on hold. While it's a show I would like to watch, it's not something I must see this season.

Comment

Re:Episode 3

I knew a C&D was coming.

Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...