X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2017] Vatican Miracle Examiner Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    バチカン奇跡調査官

A show about Catholic priests that are out to see if miracles are really miracles, or if it can be scientifically explained in a way that only a genius can figure out.

Airs: Friday, July 7, 2017

Studio: J.C. Staff

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Amazon

Vatican City?Holy Land of the Catholics. Amidst the land, there is an organization that conducts rigorous investigations on "claims of miracles" from all over the world to ascertain their credibility. The organization is referred to as "Seito no Za" (Assembly of Saints) and the priests that belong there are called miracle investigators. Robert Nicholas, an ancient archive and cryptanalysis expert is partnered and good friends with Hiraga Josef Kou, a genius scientist. Together, the brilliant duo investigates the "miracles" and uncovers the incidents and conspiracies hidden behind them.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

A virgin having a baby? Surprising. What's not surprising? Everything to him.

So it begins with the priests Hiraga and Roberto being introduced, and then they go on assignment to figure out what the deal is with a virgin conceiving a baby. While it's seen as a miracle, Hiraga isn't so convinced as he is determined to get to the bottom of it and scientifically explain it all. And as it turns out, there's a lot more to this case than it looks as there's malicious intent everywhere. Klaus gets murdered, and the Virgin Mary statue at the cathedral is crying, and this the questions are raised. Pretty interesting start to this show, and while I'll at least watch to the end of this case, it's a show that hasn't exactly wowed me, not with a first half where just about nothing was going on.
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Wow that was stupid. It seems like they intentionally made it cringey. Oh well, no loss here.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

When statues cry.

It turns out that the Virgin Mary statue was the weapon in the murder of Klaus, and it appeared to be crying because it was soaked in the fountain to leave it ice cold, and then the heat caused the water to condense. And then there's a connection between all the murders as they are portrayed in the stain glass windows at the church. So Hiraga now knows who is responsible for the murders, and the next step is to stop the killer. That was quite an elaborate scheme there.

So with that, I'll go one more episode as I want to finish out this case first before making my final decision, and chances are that barring a miracle that not even Hiraga can figure out, this show is out.

Comment

Episode 3

Drug'em, and unleash the beast.

And things are getting ever so dark with more truths about these so-called supernatural phenomena being explained. First, there's the name Heinrich, which is an organization that does charitable stuff, but their true intention is to bribe their way to fortunes. And then there's somebody apparently possessed by a devil that is the result of a stimulus drug. Then there is Mary, who says she was pregnant and gave birth to a child with two heads. She is the adopted daughter of Michael, who secretly too a German blimp to America. Then it ends with a cliffhanger as Hiraga and Roberto get ambushed and somebody got stabbed. Lots of dark stuff going on here.

So with that, it looks like this case will last one more episode, and then after that I'm out. It has been decent enough, but it's not really holding my interest. So I'll just finish this case and then call it quits after that unless a miracle happens, which doesn't truly exist.

Comment

Episode 4

No more Nazis.

So it turns out that there was an underground lab that produced the drug to control those followers, and the grand scheme was to revive the Nazi party started out by Heinrich Muller, who was the only Nazi leader to escape capture and he's the one known as Mikhail Brown. The ringleader of this operation is Thomas Simeon, and he's no match for the "holy water" that is actually just a bottle of sulfuric acid. As for that virgin conception, that baby carries Hitler's sperm that was preserved, but even so the baby lives as it doesn't mean he becomes another Hitler. Pretty elaborate that was, and Thomas sure played it well, but Hiraga played it better as he knows full well that nothing escapes science. A thrilling end to this case that was.

So with that, this is as far as I had originally planned to watch as this show definitely failed the test, but I was willing to keep watching until this case wrapped up. So yeah, it needed a miracle to stay on, but just like in the show, no miracles exist.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X