X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2017] Convenience Store Boy Friends Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    コンビニカレシ

A show about six high school boys talking about their romantic lives all connected through the local convenience store.

Airs: Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Studio: Pierrot

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

First year high school students Haruki Mishima and Towa Honda are looking forward to their new school life. Meanwhile Nasa Sanagi, sole member of the cooking research club, continues with his club activities from middle school, striving to work on the theme that his adviser laid out for him. Second year student Natsu Asumi, although he matured a little since the height of his impudence during his first year, has nevertheless chosen to remain alone this year. Third year students Mikado Nakajima and Masamuna Sakurakoji watch over him with a smile. All of them will pay the nearby convenience store a visit after school.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Asirpa, Golden Kamuy
    Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Golden Wind
    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Love is conveniently close by.

This show has a large cast, and it figures to focus on each of the boys throughout this show. First up is Towa, and this soccer player is a class rep in love with another class rep in Mami. While he's a class rep, he doesn't exactly take the job seriously, and I like the way that Mami lets him know about it. Pretty much, it's the standard love story that I have come to expect with the only twist being that romances are all happening at the convenience store near the school. Mami sure is into books there seeing that she got carried away in the library that the library had to remind her about where she is. Mami sure did put up a cute reaction there at the end.

So while I wasn't exactly able to keep track of everything going on, it certainly has caught my attention. Seeing that there are only three Thursday shows this season and it is my policy to have at least one show everyday that it stands a great chance of making the watchlist seeing that I enjoyed this more than one of the other two such shows. While it didn't do anything to stand out, at least it's something I'm interested in. So I'll be back for some more through my usual selection process as at the moment.
    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

This kind of makes me think of Rainbow Days, cute boys doing cute things, hanging out together (well, at least the two buddy-buddies so far), and they all apparently have their own love interest girls. Except this feels slower-moving being a full-length series. I do like we got some very sweet girl-girl bonding too. Iinchou really tugs on my heart strings. I recognized her voice quickly, but it's takes me aback a little bit that it's actually Kugyu. She's unusually demure compared to many of her roles.
      Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 07-06-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Man that was boring. And since the hot dude designs don't do it for me, there was nothing about it that I liked visually. Felt pretty cut-rate. Most interesting part was the subdued Kugimiya.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Episode 2

For now, just be friends.

The focus here is on Haruki's friendship with Towa, and the swimmer is not exactly thrilled with the way Towa has been approaching things with Mami. Those two really went at each other, and that was pretty funny to see the little brother thinking that this is a gay relationship in the works. But in the end at least Towa is on somewhat friendly terms with Mami.

So with that, I'll keep going for now and see how things turn out before deciding what to do with this show.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Mishima doesn't really get across what the girls wanted to very diplomatically. Funny how those two getting into a scuffle comes out looking unquestionably gay when brother walks on them. But they really are such good such bros. Honda getting to be totally honest how he feels about Mihashi was such a tear-jerkingly sweet moment. And even with how Mishima was doubting how much of a good match they were earlier, he can't help but support him hearing that. Nice to see where they got to in the end with the four of them walking to school together. Still have much further to go on these two couples, and seems we may be still be getting some focus on them next episode. I'm curious to see what we get of the other couples too, though.

Comment

Episode 3

Just wants to get wet.

Haruki gets more focus as he's just like Haru in Free! where he swims just to be in the water and doesn't care about his time or anything. And two more couples are introduced as there's Asumi in love with the librarian, as well as Nasa and Nozomi who are in the cooking club. Asumi comes across as being a jerk boldly declaring that he doesn't run to make friends like that. Once again, Towa is acting pretty dense there going to great lengths for his "research" into Miharu finding out that she's just an acquaintance of Nasa. Haruki and Miharu sure are meant for each other there as once again, the convenience store is where the romance starts to take shape beginning Haruki borrowing money from Miharu for the umbrella.

So with that, I'll give it one more episode. While my interest has held up well, I would like to see some serious developments sooner rather than later given the large cast.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

I like that this has been as much about developing friendships as it is with romances. It's pretty nice what we get of Mishima and Asumi bonding as they do the volunteer work. I'm curious what we will get of the librarian girl for sure, but not a focus just yet.

As Honda tries to look out for Mishima again, in thinking Mashiki might have a boyfriend, it's cute seeing how much Honda and Mihashi have subtly gotten to become a little more accepting of each other's personalities. Seems we will continue the focus on them next episode, and looking forward to seeing how things develop there.

Comment

Episode 4

Let's run together.

The athletic festival is coming up, and Towa is dead set on having Mami run with him in the three-legged race, but Mami isn't athletic. So with some special training, Mami at least has the rhythm down. While that's happening, Miharu is making charms for everybody as her way of cheering everybody on as strenuous activity is out for her. Those two ended up in fourth place, but at least they had a good time and gave it their all. Pretty nice to see those two getting along like that even if problems still linger between those two.

So with that, the trial period has ended for this show, and I'll be making a decision as to whether or not it will stay. Seeing how Thursdays are lacking this season that I feel inclined to keep, but seeing that it barely passed my test that I'll wait and see how things fare with the other borderline shows.

Comment

Episode 5

There's a lot to love about her.

As if there was any doubt, it's official now between Towa and Mami. Things haven't been easy between the two, but Towa lets Mami know that she's the perfect girl for him. Mami is just way too busy with her studies as she's going to cram school and is thinking nothing but her schoolwork to the point where she can't even take a moment out of her schedule to watch the fireworks. But after Towa sees Mami running away and stumbling, that was the right time to make the move. Pretty good to see Towa telling Mami about all her great qualities rather than about how unattractive she thinks she is.

So with that, I decided to keep this show mostly so that every day of the week will have at two shows this season. Pretty much, the problem I had with this show at the beginning was keeping track of the characters, but now that I'm getting to know them that this show has been much more enjoyable to say the least.

Comment

Episode 6

It all started with the book.

Now that Towa and Mami have sealed the deal, the attention shifts to Haruki and Miharu as everything Haruki has done originated from that fairy tale book that Miharu once gave him back in elementary school. He was inspired to take up swimming because of that book about the merman. Quite an interesting spin on things there, but nevertheless those two are meant for each other. While that's going on, it's that time of year when schools are putting on their culture festivals, and just like in other shows preparation goes into overtime, and that's when it all happens.

Comment

Episode 7

She has big shoes to fill.

So after spending the majority of the first half on the Towa-Mami and Haruki-Miharu couples, the attention shifts to the other four couples beginning with Mikado and Waka. Waka always saw Mikado as a big brother to her as those two are neighbors, but then she becomes devastated by the news that he's moving and Waka was never informed about it. He had been serving on the student council as vice president, and wanting to see his vision fulfilled that she resolves to be elected as VP. That was quite a big blow, but at least Waka has found the resolve to keep on living and everything.

Comment

Episode 8

Too busy for love.

And it's back to Towa and Mami as those two are now questioning their compatibility. Mami is just way too busy with her life and her parents are awfully strict about it, all while Towa realizes that he's too unreliable of a guy, and his stepfather is fed up with him. At least Towa is coming forward with it, but nevertheless this relationship has just run into problems. It will be interesting to see where things are headed seeing that the parents aren't exactly going to approve of this relationship.

Comment

Episode 9

Don't lose sight of what's important.

Christmas is here, and that means time with families to celebrate the holidays. Things are great between Haruki and Miharu, but the same can't be said for Towa and Mami as their family situations are quite complicated. Just when it looked like Towa and Mami wouldn't see each other, Towa finally speaks up while Mami asks to stay out just a bit past curfew realizing what is important to them. Towa wasn't exactly approving if the stepfather that his mother married, but he's becoming more accepting. That was full of melodrama, but nevertheless it was good to see that they are committed to each other just when it looked like it wasn't going to happen.

Comment

Episode 10

Some daydreams come true.

So after everything is squared away between Towa and Mami realizing just how important their relationship is in spite of their family situations, the attention shifts towards Haruki and Miharu, and a different kind of problem emerges as Miharu has been absent from school. It's back to the convenience store where those two finally get together again, and shortly afterwards Haruki sees why she has been out as she collapses. That's quite a scare there at the end, and while it remains to be seen what the nature of her illness is, nevertheless there's a lot of drama going on here seeing that things haven't exactly gone smoothly between these couples, and with Haruki and Mikaru they are no exception. Hopefully Miharu is alright.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X