X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2017] Clean Freak! Aoyama-kun Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    潔癖男子!青山くん

A sports comedy about a high school soccer player who just can't stand dirt. So whatever is dirty he cleans up, and that includes his play on the pitch as he just won't get himself dirty.

Airs: Sunday, July 2, 2017

Studio: Hibari

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

The handsome young soccer genius named Aoyama is a Japan representative. His play style is "cleanliness." He doesn't tackle and doesn't head the ball. If he's doing a throw-in, he'll only do it if he's wearing gloves.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Let's keep things nice and tidy, even on the pitch.

Aoyama is a pretty funny guy as he's always trying to keep things clean, and that includes his style of play on the pitch. But this heightened sense of cleanliness is how he developed his skills in soccer as he can kick around defenders to give him a clear shot at the goal. He certainly showed why he's so sought after for the national youth team, but he's sticking with the team of scrubs as those fancy toilets are why the school is attractive to him more so than the national stage. Pretty solid start to this show so far, so I'll at least watch another episode so see what happens next.
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Nope. Not committed enough to being a sports show or a comedy to succeed at either, and doesn't look very good either.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 1

I don't mind it being more a parody of sports dramas than being a real one, but the comedy just didn't hit enough. I may watch one more, but this one is already in the Drop Zone.

Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
        Scratchy for Tama is angry.
        Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Episode 2

Moka is so cute and sweet, but we see even from the flashbacks at the very beginning she can be quite scary (those eyes) when she needs to be. Love the bit where the teacher is freaking out over her unsafe vantage point to spy on Aoyama. That nail bat she uses to mercilessly defend Aoyama's towel is pretty representative of her, a dangerous weapon with cute flowers printed over it.

Heh, it was amusing to find Aoyama didn't do the cleaning, despite him seeming like a prime suspect for one reason: he wouldn't dare touch someone else's clothes.

And Zaizen's hotblooded enthusiasm actually didn't really mean much. There just scared of what his rich and powerful daddy would do. Haha.

I'm quite curious what (likely) mischief we're going to get of the girl with the loose uniform at the end.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Just throw in the towel already.

Here comes Moka, and she's really into Aoyama that it's quite creepy. She becomes the soccer team's manager in order to keep everything nice and tidy, just how Aoyama likes it. And then the team goes bonkers over Aoyama's towels. Those idiots sure are perverts for treating what should just be an ordinary towel as a sacred treasure. Zaizen is quite the teammate there, but nevertheless it all goes to show just how popular Aoyama is.

So while the jokes were funny the first time around, not so much here. I'll give it one more episode, but I'm getting ready to clean this show off my watchlist unless the unthinkable happens in the next episode that convinces me to stay.
            Last edited by Buckeye; 07-14-2017, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Episode 3

So the Kana girl was up to doing dirty tricks for the other team to keep him out of the game. We get to seeing here that figurative "dirtiness" can actually get to him more than the literal kind (such that he can even temporarily abandon his dislike the matter in extreme circumstances). Heh, and Kana was not expecting the diligently scary Moka to be looking out for Aoyama. There's no way to keep her locked out of Aoyama. I was expecting Kana to be taken aback by Aoyama and eventually betraying delinquent team in favor of cheering on Aoyama with the rest of the fangirls. Speaking of them, it's amusing how Aoyama's return to the field is heard first from fangirl squeals.

That expression that Moka made when she commented on the dirtiness threshold putting Aoyama out of commission... looked so much like she was a character out of a Choboraunyopomi manga.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

He plays clean. They play dirty.

That Takechi dude is a creep showing his abs like that. But even more creepy is that sleazeball Kana, who lured Aoyama into a trap and locked him in the room hoping that they can win without having to face Fujimi's ace striker. But leave it to Moka to pick the lock and get Aoyama back on the pitch and show those suckers who's boss. Not even that cheap shot hit to get Aoyama all knicked up that should have been a red card could stop him. Pretty much, it was what I have come to expect out of a typical sports show where there's always going to be an opponent that focuses on playing dirty rather than improving their techniques, and especially since the MC is all about being clean, cleaner, cleanest.

So with that, I decided to stick it out for one more episode out of curiosity, and now that it has been fulfilled that it's time I give this show its second yellow card, which is equal to a red card and thus sent off the pitch, as well as my watchlist. It was decent enough at the start, but overall the humor ran dry pretty quickly.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X